• Published 28th May 2015
  • 853 Views, 8 Comments

To Stroke A Heart of Granite - Regina Wright



Sixty bits and a lonely king can get you far in Griffon Stone.

  • ...
8
 8
 853

An Aria In The Making

She awoke in the chilly arms of her cold and cracking lover, King Grover the statue. Above, the lingering clouds in the night sky were parting as the northern wind swept through, shaking the straw homes of his griffon subjects. Silence ruled the air as her hoof wandered across his pebbly exterior. Thought he was quite motionless and un-blinking, he shivered when she drew back. With their bodies intertwined, she wondered how her feelings could ever reach him.

She was his lover but would he ever truly know how much she pined for his touch.

The moon beamed on their nude forms, its light their sheets and this world, their nest.

She braced herself against him, looking for a warmth he would never have.

Her lover was silent, not-thinking because he didn't have a brain. She tapped his skull, confirming the hollow rattle in his head. He always not-thought of what he could have done differently for his people. She held him, hoping to put him at ease.

He kept her, unwilling to let her drop. And also because he was stuck in that position.

Hadn't he done enough? Hadn't he suffered and aged and broke enough? No more. He couldn't do this to her again. No more. He even broke under her hooves! Hers! Who was she if she could not safely hold her lover?

Warm tears tripped down his hard and stony chest, her head buried under his sharp and pointy chin. The chin that was broken and owie to the touch. She accepted the pain without a whine. It was her who had broken it. Her lover was still and stiff as she made him feel what he no longer had.

Dust caked onto her fur but love filled the air.

As she loved her foxy charmer, allowing him to indulge himself in her pretty, pretty mane as she hugged him tight, she realized she could never truly fix him. Of course, she could forcibly glue back the parts of him thrown on the ground. But her silver griffon wouldn't want to look back to the past.

She waved her hoof and the statue was turned around at her discretion. Bits were thrown but her lover couldn't see where she threw him. She wouldn't want to remind him of easily movable nature.

He tried so hard to be hard as stone. That was why he was stone.

As their skin pressed together, she wondered if he missed his soft skin. He loved hers, his body refusing to let her escape as the temperature dropped. Their breath mingled, saliva and sweat freeing her to collide with him again. This passion. It was almost too much for her. As open as she was with him, he was hiding from her.

In time, she hoped, they could overcome the quarry in their hearts.

There were a lot of things she didn't want to remind him of. Quite a few of his talons were missing. His digits on both claws only numbered three. And he was missing a claw.

Terrible. It was all terrible.

What was left of his tail feathers were crooked and bent. And his not-beating heart, it only beat for her. Or perhaps, that was the base of the statue splitting because of the weight she was putting on it.

Together, they fell.

Alone, she ached when they met the ground with a loud thump.

Her lover stared into her eyes and she claimed his beak. The wind blew once more and she-

“Pinkie! What do you think you're doing? Isn't that a important thingy to the griffons! I'm taking you home, right now!”

“Doofus... I mean, Rainbow Dash... I know we're friends and all but I have to think about the paying customer. Take ten steps back and uh... look in the other direction.”

“What! You're letting her hump your king?”

“We don't have a king, Dash. That's a rock. Honestly, it was kinda in the way. This is a main road, you know.”

“But all of Griffon Stone looks like this.”

“That sounded kinda racist, Dash.”

“I... uh... I know a big word. A legal one. Pinkie Pie is desecrating that statue. That's against the law, Gilda.”

“Shame, we don't have a king to verify that. But I do have is sixty bits asking me to let a pair of lovers get down in public.”

Her lover, sturdy and stationary like a wall of bricks, could not resist her. She kissed every crack, patted every hole and rested herself on top of him. He loved seeing her like this.

He may be the king but she, she was his sculptor.

Her lover did not cry out. He refused. But she forced out a sound, making him plead for mercy. She heard nothing. He groaned, smothering the sound that threatened to break free. She parted her hips as he wiggled under her, the ground slumping under the weight of their union.

Didn't he know that they could only have tonight?

Are you serious?!

“We griffons are real fond of encouraging the spreading of the wealth. She paid me fair and square.”

“Fine. I'll pay you seventy bits, in hoof, for you to stop Pinkie from... Eww, that's gross. Why is she- How does that even work? Eww. Double eww. Claws don't go in there! They don't go in there either! Now you're putting it in your mouth?! Why can't I turn away? Oh Celestia, I'm about to hurl! Take the bits! Take all of my bits! Make it stop. Make all of it stop!”

“A pleasure doing business with you.”

Almost reaching her peak, she arched to cry out and found a pair of claws plucking her away. Her lover shook as if stretching out for her but his extended arm snapped. Probably because she was still holding on to it.

She cried out alone, howling for him, until Rainbow Dash smacked her with a pamphlet.

Comments ( 8 )

This was... weirdly entertaining. Kind of funny too. I'm not sure how to feel about it. I mean I don't hate it, but I don't feel right liking it. :rainbowhuh: It was pretty well done over all.

This has to be the weirdest story I have read before going to sleep for the next couple of hours. One or two sentences that read a little funny and some missing commas here and there, but a pretty good written story nonetheless. Nice little one shot here.

I guess now people can ship ponies with statues... how did I actually see this coming when I saw the episode :rainbowlaugh:

Ri2

Would Maud approve or steal the statue?

This was... interesting, to say the least. I loved it though - keep up the good work! :twilightsheepish:

(Insert Maude joke here)

6029684 *hops onto my lap*

Gilda, that was stone cold

Ha! Hehehehehe... *pets head*

Login or register to comment