• Published 21st Apr 2015
  • 1,333 Views, 35 Comments

Beef Fondue Under The Sunset - Eggtaro



Beef Fondue is in love with someone, and he wants to confess his feelings to her. But not the plain and simple way, no. Beef wants it to be...special, memorable, and moving. So, naturally, he seeks help from his best friend, Sunset Shimmer.

  • ...
4
 35
 1,333

Pork

"So, is there anything you wish to tell me, Beef?"

Beef looked up from the magazine he was reading. "What are you talking about, Dad?"

Beef's father gave him a funny look. "You know exactly what I mean, Beef." he said to Beef, smiling slyly at him. "Some rather interesting rumours caught my ear as I was on my way home. Most of these rumours seemed to be related to Sugar Cube Corner...and you."

Beef smacked his forehead. "Look, I don't know what you heard, but whatever it is, it ain't true."

"So what, your public confession wasn't real?" His father raised an eyebrow at him.

"It is real, Dad." Beef said, returning to his magazine. "But it's also a misunderstanding."

"A misunderstanding on what?"

"It's a misunderstanding o---look, things are just really complicated right now, okay? And I'm trying really hard on figuring out a way on how to solve it."

"Well, you can think about a way to solve it later. Our guest will be arriving in ten minutes."

Beef glanced at clock on the living room wall: It was a quarter to eight. "Is that why we are having dinner so late?"

"Don't complain, Son." His father said with a snap. "You'll thank me later when you see who our guest is." His father pointed a hairy finger in the direction of the kitchen. "Now come and help me set the table."

Beef groaned, reluctantly getting up from the blue sofa. "Why are we having a guest over all of a sudden? I don't remember you mentioning anything about having one over."

"That's because it was a last-minute invite." His father said, putting on a strawberry-themed apron. "Your mother was the one who made the call."

"So why are you, the one cooking?" Beef asked, grabbing several cutleries and plates from the kitchen cupboard.

"Your mother wanted to buy a cake," Came the reply. "and a bottle of champagne." his father added.

"Champagne? Just who on earth is our guest?"

"You'll see, Son." his father smiled at him. "You'll see."

And see he did. Just as Beef placed the last plate onto the table, there came a knock on the front door.

"Perfect timing." Beef heard his father say. "Get the door will you, Beef? And do try to be a good host."

Beef sighed and headed for the front door.


After Sunset left him at Sugar Cube Corner, Beef got up and made his way home. The words that she had whispered into his ears were still fresh in his brain.

I love you too, Beef. Those were words he wasn't expecting to hear coming out from her mouth. Words that came out from his best friend's lips. Lips that had gave him a soft kiss on the cheek. Cheek that was still warm from blushing. Blushing due to the kiss he received from his best friend's lips.

Beef shook his head. How was he supposed to get out of this situation now? He was originally betting on Sunset on her knowing what was going on. But instead, she took the confession for real, and confessed her feelings towards him as well. Feelings, to which Beef was totally oblivious of.

Feelings, to which he had no idea how to respond to. Beef sees Sunset as a friend. Nothing more, nothing less. He never even thought of them as a couple before. Besides, the girl he's in love with is Rarity, not his best friend.

Maybe she'll understand once Beef explained everything to her. He can't possibly date her now, can he? Sure, Beef does like Sunset, but not in a romantic sense. Never in a romantic sense.

But what if she doesn't understand? What if he hurt her feelings? Will they still be friends? Will they still talk to each other?

Nothing but questions filled Beef's mind as he made his way home. No matter how he looked at the situation, it would still turn out badly for him. Is there no way out of this?


Another sigh escaped Beef's lips as he turned the door knob, pulling the door open. "Hey there, welcome to the---" Beef wasn't able to finish his sentence, for the person that stood at his doorsteps took him by surprise.

"R-Rarity?"

He couldn't believe his eyes. There, standing right there in front of him, was the girl of his dreams. Rarity stared back at him, eyes as wide as his. She was carrying with her a basket filled with fruits.

"Beef?" Rarity asked, with the same confused tone as Beef. "This is your house?"

Beef nodded his head. "Y-yeah."

"Is that our guest, Beef?" came his father's voice from the kitchen. "Well, what are you waiting for? Invite her in!"

"R-right." Beef stepped back. "Please, come in." he spread out an arm. Rarity nodded and entered the house. As she passed him, the scent of lavenders filled Beef's nostrils. He quickly closed the door and guided Rarity to the living room, taking the basket of fruits from her hands as he does so.

"Thank you, Beef." Rarity said with a smile. The smile that instantly melted his heart.

"N-no problem." Beef said, carrying the fruit basket with one hand.

"Still, I am quite surprised to see you, darling." Rarity said, putting her hands behind her back. "When my mother told me that there will be someone my age here, I wasn't expecting it to be you."

Beef let out a nervous chuckle. "R-really? Well, I wasn't expecting our guest to be you."

They entered the living room, and Beef asked Rarity to have a seat. "I'll be back in a few seconds." he told Rarity, and before she could reply, made a dash for the kitchen.

"What is Rarity doing here, Dad?"

His father looked at him, grabbing the basket. "Is this a gift from Rarity? How thoughtful of her..." he placed it down on the kitchen counter.

"Dad!"

"Oh come now, Son. Don't act like you don't know why she's here."

"I don't!"

His father laughed. "Kids. Always acting like they don't know anything."

Beef scratched his head in frustration. Just what on earth is going on?

"Excuse me," a melodious voice came from behind them. "Is everything alright?" Rarity poked her head in, glancing at the two of them.

Beef's father grinned and made his way towards Rarity. "Rarity! So nice to finally meet you in person!" He grabbed her hand and gave it a nice firm shake. "How are your parents, Hondo and Cookie?" he asked Rarity, after letting go.

"Mother and Father are doing just fine, Mr. Fondue." Rarity said politely.

"Please! Call me Cheese, Rarity. There is no need to be so formal." Cheese Fondue let out a chuckle. "Besides, you're part of the family now!"

Beef stared at the both of them. Do the two of them know each other? he questioned himself. Well, Dad seems to know her parents.

Rarity looked taken aback. "I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean, Mr. Fondue." she gave Beef a quick glance. "What do you mean by 'part of the family?'"

Wait, what? Beef thought.

Cheese waved away her question with his hand. "You and Beef are just the same. Acting like you don't know anything." he grabbed Beef on the shoulder and shoved him over towards Rarity. "Now, dinner will be ready in a few minutes. I suggest the two of you wait in the living room."

"But, Dad---"

"No buts, Son. Go on, keep our guest entertained."

Cheese shooed the two of them out of the kitchen. "Kids." he muttered to himself, smiling.

"Sorry about that." Beef apologized to Rarity, though not really understanding why he did that.

"Your father is a very funny man." Rarity said, following Beef back to the living room.

"Do our parents know each other?" Beef asked, wanting to rid himself of the question.

"They do. Though I never thought that they were your parents."

"Really? The name wasn't a big enough hint?"

Rarity giggled softly. "You'll be surprised by how many people has 'fondue' as their last name, Beef." she said. They sat down on the sofa.

"But why are you here?" Beef asked. "I-I mean, is not that I mind or anything. It's just that, I'm really confused right now."

Rarity nodded her head. "I too, am perplexed by this as much as you are, Beef." Rarity patted her lovely indigo hair. "My mother received a call from your mother a few hours ago. It must've been good news or something of the sort; Mother seemed really happy when she hung up."

"Any idea what they were talking about?"

Rarity shook her head. "All Mother told me was to go and buy a fruit basket as a gift. And that I was going to have dinner at a friend of hers."

"And you just went along with it?"

"I was hesitant at first; I asked her a great deal of questions. But Mother answered all my questions with a 'You'll see, dear.'"

Beef groaned. "Great. Just great." he slumped on the sofa. "My Dad has been telling me the same thing, just without the 'dear'."

Rarity giggled. "Does my presence here bother you?" she asked him.

"W-What? No! Not at all!" Beef replied. "It's just...when my father said we'll be having a guest over for dinner, I was expecting it to be---"

"Sunset Shimmer?"

"N-No! I thought it was going to be a friend of his!" Beef sighed. "What made you think I was expecting Sunset?"

"Because you confessed to her?" Rarity said it like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Beef groaned. "Ugh..."

"You know, I thought you would be more...ebullient and joyful by all that has happened this afternoon." Rarity looked at him, "But the young gentleman I'm seeing in front of me right now, seems to be caught in a dilemma."

Spot on, Rarity. Beef looked at her. "Is it that obvious?"

"Very obvious, darling."

They both shared a laugh. He didn't noticed it at first, but he was no longer feeling as nervous as he was just now. Talking to Rarity wasn't really difficult at all. She was just like every other girl in Canterlot High. Well, not every girl, that is.

"I'm so sorry for leaving so suddenly this afternoon."

"It's alright, Rarity. You guys had matters to attend to. I completely understand."

"Still, it wasn't really ladylike of me to leave all of a sudden." Rarity place a finger to her lips, as if thinking of something. "Speaking of which, what happened?"

"What what happened?"

"As we made our way out, Sunset suddenly ran back inside. I saw her whispering in your ear." she gave him a smile.

Beef blushed a deep red. "O-Oh! That! T-That was...that was nothing really." Beef chuckled nervously. "Nothing at all. Nothing."

Rarity gave Beef a cheeky smile. "Oooh!" Rarity squealed, clapping her hands rapidly together. "She whispered something romantic didn't she?" she asked. "What did she say? Tell me!"

Beef shook his head. "I told you it was nothing!" he exclaimed, his face getting redder. "I-I...I forgot what she said!"

"Liar!" Rarity cried. "You face is redder than an apple." she inched closer towards him. "I must know what she said!" Her eyes widened.

Beef inched further away from her. "W-Why don't you ask her instead?"

"I find it more exciting to hear it from the male's side." she said with a mischievous grin, moving closer.

Rarity sudden interest in Sunset's whispered words was starting to scare him. Beef was running out of sofa; they were seated so closely to each other he could feel her legs bumping into his.

"Look, Rarity. I---"

The sound of keys rattling and a door opening interrupted him. The both of them stared in the direction of the front door, waiting for a few seconds, and then---

"Honey! I'm home!" It was Beef's mother. Beef let out a sigh of relief. Nice save, Mom!

"Is that your Mother?" Rarity asked, as the sounds of a door closing could be heard.

Beef nodded. "Yea---"

"Welcome home, Sugar Plum!" came the voice of Cheese from the kitchen. Beef smacked his forehead. "I'm in the kitchen! Oh, and Rarity's here!"

"She is? That's wonderful. That reminds me, Sugar Bear (Beef smacked his forehead again), do you think we have enough food for one more person?"

Beef's ears perked up when he heard that. Someone else is here?

Chocolate Fondue made her way into the living room, carrying with her a red and pink cake box in her hand. A warm smile filled her face as she spotted Rarity and Beef. They both stood up from the sofa.

"Rarity! It is so good to see you! Come here! Give me a hug!" Before Rarity could even move, Chocolate made her way over and grabbed Rarity into a tight bear hug.

"It's---a---pleasure---to---meet---you---too!" Rarity struggled to say. She immediately took a deep breath once Chocolate released her.

"Has my son been treating you well, Rarity?" Beef's mother asked Rarity. "I hope he didn't bore you."

"Nice to see you too, Mom."

"Shush, Son. Can't you see I'm talking to my future d---Oh goodness gracious! I totally forgot!" Chocolate spun around and headed for the hallway. "Your friend is here to join us for dinner, Beef." she said.

"Friend?" Beef raised an eyebrow. "Who?"

"Come along now, dear. Don't act like you haven't been here before." Chocolate said to someone Beef couldn't see.

"S-sorry!" came another voice from the hallway. It almost sounded like---

"Sunset?" Rarity headed over towards the hallway as well. "Is that you?"

"Rarity?"

Beef's jaw dropped as Sunset Shimmer entered the living room, holding a bottle of champagne with her hands. A sheepish smile painted on her face.

"H-Hi, Beef."

Comments ( 11 )

Why is this not popular? It's cute and awesome! This is really well made! Damn you, clopfics...

5975435 why thank you kindly kind sir/mam :twilightblush:

5975685 I'm a dude. :twilightblush: Don't worry, though. I thought this one person was a girl, but it was a guy. I feel bad. :twilightblush: :facehoof:

This is cute.

This is really cute.

This is really, really cute.

Excuse me for a moment.

Did I mention it's really cute? Because it is.

Curls up in fetal position. Crawls over to corner. Hand clutches chest. Rolls over onto back. Heart explodes from adorableness. Gasps for breath.

HHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRGGGGGNNNNNGGGGG!!!

Bruh, this idiot has no freaking clue what he is missing out on, I 'm just saying.:rainbowdetermined2:




If you dont put those two together......

Login or register to comment