• Published 18th Apr 2015
  • 1,360 Views, 6 Comments

One and the Same Thing - RachanaRoxx



Aria Blaze and Starlight Glimmer may have similar appearances, but what if that is not the only thing similar about them?

  • ...
3
 6
 1,360

Chapter 5

After a few hours, we finally arrive. Once the train comes to a halt, I walk out and explore a bit. I end up wandering so much that I find myself in the middle of a barren land, with only a single house. Where am I? It looks like no one has lived here in years. I look below me and find what looks like a stick. I thought it looked cool so I put it into my saddlebag.

I on my way back to Neighagra Falls; I see a strange area with a mountain covered in snow. I look around when I see a group of stallions laughing at another. They all looked like they were skiing and snowboarding on the mountain. The one who was being laughed at started to run in my direction. Then he drops onto the base on the path and started to cry. I don’t know why but I walk over to him.

‘Hi’ I say, ‘My name is Starlight Glimmer. What’s your name?’

The stallion looks up at me. His coat and mane were both white, which I found odd. ‘I’m “sniff” Double Diamond’

‘Is everything alright?’

‘Well…those guys on the mountain seem to think they are better than me just because their cutie mark is skiing. I love to ski, even if it isn’t my special talent.’

This is the perfect opportunity!

‘I get it.’ I sit next to him and continue, ‘Sometimes, people will think they are better than you, just because you are different.’

‘Yeah. I just wish we all could be equal.’

‘Maybe we can be. I found an ancient relic that will make every pony equal. Then we can all gain true friendship, without any pony being better than the other. Let us do it together. Let’s create equality.’

‘An ancient relic?’

I take out that stick I found a while ago and show him, ‘This is the Staff of Sameness. It is one of the 9 enchanted items of Mage Metalbrook, a very powerful unicorn.’

Is he really buying this? I know that there are only 8 enchanted items, but I just hope that he doesn’t!

‘Wow! So, this staff can bring equality?’ Double Diamond asks in amazement

‘Yes, as long as you are willing to give up your cutie mark’

‘Give up my cutie mark? I don’t know…’ Double Diamond thinks for a while and says, ‘Okay. I’ll do it. I’ll give up my cutie mark.’

‘Great! Come with me. The cutie unmarking must happen in private.’

I lead Double Diamond to the land I found earlier. We go into the house and look around for a place to do it. We find a small room and prepare for the cutie unmarking. I tell Double Diamond to stand still while I placed a glass jar onto the ground Then I pick up the staff and concentrate all my magic into my horn, then into the staff. Then I cast the spell. His cutie mark slowly starts to peel of his body as it had before. Once it comes off, I place the cutie mark into the jar and add the equal sign cutie mark onto his flank.

‘How are you feeling?’ I ask a now equalized Double Diamond

‘I-I feel-different. What did you do?’

‘I removed your cutie mark and replaced it with a new one!’

Double Diamonds looks to his flank in shock, and then looks to mine.

‘What about your cutie mark?’

‘Oh I’ll…uh…remove mine in a few minutes.’

What do I do? I can’t perform the spell without my cutie mark! But I have to show him that I want everyone to be equal, including myself. Wait!
That’s it!

‘I’ll be right back.’ I say as I run out the door.

I run back to Neighagra Falls into the closest department store I could find. Inside, I buy a notebook, lavender makeup, a paintbrush and a small tube of black paint.

I run back into the room and see that Double Diamond is still there.

‘Could you give me a moment? I want to myself in private.’ I ask

‘Oh, of course’ He says as he leaves the room.

I take out the lavender make up and cover up my cutie mark. Then I tear a page from the notebook, cut out an equal sign on it and hold it up to my flank. Last, I take the paintbrush and paint and, using the paper as a stencil, paint the equal sign onto my flank.

I look at it in the mirror to make sure it looks real, and then go to see if Double Diamond was still there.

‘See? Now we are both equal!’ I say.

His face glowed when he saw the equal sign on my flank. ‘I guess we are! I am so glad. Let’s start a village right here for anyone who wants to experience TRUE FRIENDSHIP!’

Wow! This guy sounds more excited about this than I do!

Double Diamond and I constructed his house while I stayed in the already present house. As more and more people came to give up their cutie marks for some reason or the other, the village grew larger and larger. We started to run out of jars, so some pony gave the idea of constructing a vault for all the cutie marks. Before I knew it, we had become a town filled with equalized ponies, all without anything special about them, except for me. I finally found my way to power! And soon, all of Equestria will accept our philosophy, leaving me with the only real magic. And very soon, all of Equestria will be under my control.

Comments ( 5 )

That was a pretty cool story explaining Starlight's backstory! More people should read this: it was amazing!

5877562
Thank you so much! I worked really hard on it!

This prologue not only shares a beautiful analysis of a pony's past, but it has multiple meanings behind it. The weakness of Communism as one has to stand out to equalize everything else, but if not used properly, the one with the most power will become a dictator, and that is who Starlight was in the series.

5928961
I am glad you enjoyed it! It is nice to know that you see what i was trying to show in this story!:raritywink:

Login or register to comment