• Published 18th Apr 2015
  • 1,360 Views, 6 Comments

One and the Same Thing - RachanaRoxx



Aria Blaze and Starlight Glimmer may have similar appearances, but what if that is not the only thing similar about them?

  • ...
3
 6
 1,360

Chapter 2

I just keep walking, unsure of where I am going. Suddenly, I hear a voice.

‘Pss! Over here’

I turn around and see a young man hiding in the shadows. He had brown hair and was wearing black jeans, a blue shirt with a test tube on it. I walk towards him.

‘Your name is Aria Blaze, right?’ the man says

‘Yes.’

‘My name is Silver Comet. I know you are from Equestria. So am I. In fact, I know a lot about you. I know that you have been banished here.’

‘Great! You know things. So what?’

‘So, I want to help you get back!’

I was surprised. ‘Why do you want to help me?’

‘I want to get back too. I miss it there in Equestria. I just need a lab partner to help me. Are you interested?’

I started to consider it. If he could get me home, then I will be one step closer.

‘You’ve got yourself a deal!’ I say with a hand shake. Silver Comet takes my hand and drags me to what looks like a garage.

‘Behold! My lab’
As the door opens, I see things I would have never seen anywhere else. Potions, scrolls, robots and almost everything else you would see in a mad scientist’s lab.

‘Whoa! Is all this really yours?’ I ask

‘Everything in this garage.’

‘I have to say, I am impressed’

‘And here’ he says as he shows me something covered with a cloak, ‘Is what we are working on.’ He takes off the cloak to reveal what looks to be a half finished portal. ‘This is our ticket back to Equestria!’

‘I’m not sure if will be of assistance. I know nothing about nuts and bolts.’

‘That’s ok. I’ll tell you what to do.’

I thought he would be like Adagio and try to boss me around at any opportunity, but to my surprise, he wasn’t. I had fun working with him, talking and laughing. We worked on the portal every day, and in a few weeks, we finally did it. The only question was if it works.

‘Are you ready to see if it works?’ Silver asks

‘I just remembered something! I am not a pony. I will stick out like a sore thumb!’

‘You’re right! That will be a problem.’ Silver thinks for a while, then gets an idea.

‘This might sound crazy, but I know a way to change your genetics.’

I couldn’t believe my ears. ‘How can you do that?’

‘A potion that Star Swirled the Bearded was studying. I read it in a book once. I might be able to replicate it.’

Silver walks to the bookshelf nearby and takes out a book. He starts to flip through the book until he stops at a page.

‘Here is what it says: Take a hair off the mane of the creature, drop it into
a glass of water, add some poison joke and mix with a Pegasus feather until it turns blue. Then a hair of the species you want to be and drink it.’
That sounds like one of the dumbest potions I have ever heard. ‘But how are we going to get the poison joke, Pegasus feather and unicorn hair?’ I ask

‘How about this,’ Silver starts, ‘I’ll go through the portal and get the supplies, then I’ll come back, mix up the potion, and we can go back together. Ok?’

I didn’t like the idea of him leaving me, but I knew that I couldn’t return to Equestria as a siren. ‘Okay. I trust you.’

He writes down everything on a piece of paper and gets ready to return home while I set the coordinates to Ponyville.

‘Don’t forget to throw a stone back through the portal from Equestria so that I know you made it’ I say

As he is about to enter, I run after him and give him a big hug. I whisper “Good luck” in his ear, and watch him enter the portal. Moments later, a pebble lands at the base of the portal.

I waited for days. I would stand at the base of the portal, waiting for him to finally return. I combed my hair in a single ponytail so that people may recognize me even less. And after 3 days, he finally came.

‘I got all the supplies, Aria.’ says Silver. His face looked exhausted, like he just ran from one side of Equestria to another.

He almost collapses on the floor, but I hold him back up. ‘Are you ok?’ I ask.

‘I am perfect!’ He stands up and grabs a glass, fills it with water and hands it to me. ‘Are you ready to be a pony?’ I nod my head and we begin.

Silver takes a strand from my hair, drops it into the glass of water, adds the poison joke and mixes it with the Pegasus feather until it turns blue.

Finally, he adds another strand of hair. ‘It is ready!’

He hands me the glass. I look into it as if it was a poison for a moment. After I drink this, I won’t be a siren anymore. Should I do it? I look back up at Silver. His eyes were glowing. Without another thought, I hold my breath and drink every drop of the potion.

Silver looks at me in confusion. ‘Well, do you feel any different?’

I style the same expression. ‘I’m not sure. Did it work?’

Silver Comet holds out his hand for me, ‘Shall we go and find out?’

I take hold of his hand and nod my head. Then, I take a deep breath and enter the portal.