• Published 21st May 2012
  • 1,434 Views, 41 Comments

The Secret Diary of an Equestrian Rich Pony: Diamond Tiara edition - discord7



This is Diamond Tiaras story, the reason she is the way she is.

  • ...
2
 41
 1,434

Fluier's Story

I waited everyday just like I promised. It had been twelve years since I left Ponyville, departing from my dear Chisel. I had a little filly now her name was Deliae, and of course she was his. She'd often asked why we waited for two hours at the fountain and, though I had told her the story countless times she always smiles at the end of the story. She was head over hooves the very first time I told her the story of her father.

She'd always tell me, 'I can't wait to meet him.' We waited every day from ten until noon and then a little longer, just in case. Then we would go home, I would rest while Deliae did her chores and homework. During the time I had spent in Trottingham I had fallen ill, the veterinarians told me it wasn't good for my health to go outside but, how else would I wait for him.

Every day, but each time a let a single tear falls. I looked forward to the day when that one tear would not hit the fountain tile, after so long it left a small circular stain. I knew I could get better if Chisel came to my aid, I could finally get the rest I needed. But I worked, I had to. My family did not approve of having a filly out of wedlock. I tried to explain it to my father would not hear it. Somehow my little pony came up with a way to bring in extra money, I did not question her. As if she would tell me, she was stubborn like her father. Every day she'd leave at five in the afternoon and come back around eight. Deliae did not accompany me during weekdays seeing as she had school. But as soon as it was a weekend and ten rolled around, she'd drop everything, even playing with her friends. She'd always wait patiently smile on her face, waiting for me to recognize somepony. I never did.

I knew it though one day, I could feel it. I was slipping, my health was failing me. But I couldn't break my promise to Chisel. Every day though I felt my energy sapped, one day it was time, I knew it was but somehow I had to pass on the tradition. I had to let Chisel know tell him one last time that I still loved him. It was 9:58; I didn't have much time, on cue as she had done more recently than ever at 10:01.

"Mother? Aren't you coming?" Deliae asked me she looked at me curiously. I handed her the envelope, it had Chisel’s name written on it.

"Mother?" She said tearing up.

"Deliae, the both of us knew this would happen soon," I said choking up not because of the disease but from the emotion, I too had begun to cry. "You must wait for him in my place Deliae, and when you see him, give him that note. And tell him....that I love him."

My daughter was in all out bawling now, I comforted her hearing her fade as I was now, and I didn't have much longer.

"Deliae, my love," I told her "when you leave this house, please do not cry dear, call the doctor. Do not return here, go to your grandmothers, she will understand and take you in."

She nodded and left, and for the first time in twelve years I closed my eyes, and saw Chisel smiling at me. I felt at peace, I knew it was not him but still.

I nodded at my mother’s instructions, I knew she was dying, but I always had faith that my father would come. But now it was up to me. I had to tell him that she kept her promise as best as she could. I left the room, and cried. After a few minutes I got up and walked sadly to the fountain, I was late. Many things came to my thoughts how would I be here during school, how would my grandmother know to take care of me, how much longer would I have to carry this on. I shook those thoughts aside, from the stories my mother had told me, I knew my father was out there somewhere, trying to get to my mother. It saddened me a bit to think of the fact that I would be the one to tell him this news.

I was very deep in thought, apparently deeper than I had known. I guard tapped me and asked, "Aye there young lass, shouldn't you be home now?" I looked up at him; I noticed it was very dark. I looked at the clock it was almost eight. I panicked and ran home, when I got to the door I paused and remembered. I slowly walked to the doctor's house which was only a few blocks away. I knocked solemnly on the door with my hoof. Dr. Heal-all opened the door, "Well hello there Deliae, and come to refill your mother’s prescription?" He asked.

I shook my head and looked up at him with tears welling up in my eyes, his expression changed.

"Oh, my," he said, "well then come inside I'll fix you some tea" He said, I accepted.

As I told him what happened he listened intently, he would nod and grunt every now and again to let me know he was listening. He didn't have to; I had come to him with many problems of mine. Dr. Heal-all was one of the most trusted doctors in Trottingham; he also specialized in emotional and physical therapy. One of the reasons his sign said The Heal All Doctor. When I finished my story he offered no response, he only waited quietly for a few minutes. He eventually got up and left the house. I waited quietly for a few hours, after that he returned.

"Well Deliae, did your mother tell you to go to any family?" He asked I told him my grandmother's. "Well almighty then off ya go, I have a carriage outside waiting just tell them and they will take you there."

I walked outside with him and got into the carriage. I told the coach the address and he began to drive. I thought a lot about how my life had changed so suddenly what would it be like. Would I be able to keep my job that Ms. Tulip allowed me to have. I had never told my mother about it and she never asked but for a few hours each day I would help Ms. Tulip down the street arrange flowers. She told me I had a knack for it. My cutie mark was even that of the Fleur de Lis, the flower of Trottingham.

About a month after my mother died so did my grandmother; she went quietly the same way. She too had fallen ill; this disease seemed to follow me. Would it take me also? Before I could even see my father, no, I seemed to be unaffected; even though the doctors claimed me at "High Exposure" I seemed to be fine. For eight months I carried on my mother's tradition, through everything, no matter what. I'd repeat the same pattern. I'd wake up at nine thirty, get dressed, grab my envelope, and go wait by the fountain.

And one day as the clock struck two I looked over my shoulder at it. I thought of my mother, how every time she would wait five extra minutes... just in case, and then, a single tear. After a while I noticed it had left a small stain. I looked down, no stain. I panicked where was my mother's tear stain? Then after all this time I realized when I was small we would face AT the clock. I was on the wrong side of the fountain!!! I raced to the other side, and, as if by magic or some other force. I knew him, I knew it was him I could feel it. My trembling hooves moved slowly as I walked toward him, as I faced him he noticed my shadow and looked up. He looked surprised. I was quite surprised too. I could only utter one word.

"Chisel?"


I sat there looking at Fluier. At least it looked like her, she was far too young. But she had said my name. Who was this lookalike pony? I’d heard of Changelings who took the form of a loved one and fed on your love for them. If that's what this was than it was cruel. But I didn't believe it was them, before I could speak the filly pulled out an envelope from her saddlebag. Oh, no I thought another note. I opened it; the handwriting alone was enough to make me cry.


Dearest Chisel.

If you are reading this than I have already passed on.

I stopped, it couldn't be possible. I looked at the little pony in front of me tears in my eyes begging her to let me stop already. She said only one thing that kept me reading.

"She wanted you to read it", I had to.
`

I do not want you to be sad for me, do you remember our promise all those years ago. We swore under the stars that whichever one of us dies first the other will smile and be happy and the other will tell them 'I'll see you soon'. Well unfortunately we cannot keep it in time we wanted but right now I want you to smile, smile for me Chisel.

I did.

And remember I will see you soon.

The little filly in front of you is your daughter Chisel, her name is Deliae. I had her here in Trottingham please take her in. She can be a bit stubborn at times; then again you were as well. Hopefully she will fill your life with the joy she's filled mine with. I have told her all about you, so you don't have to impress her. She absolutely adores you, let her be your whole world Chisel just as I was, and always will be.

----Yours forever,

Fluier

I looked up at the little filly, she smiled at me and I smiled back. She jumped into my arms and I hugged her back, although I didn't know her, this note made me feel as if I had raised her. She really did look like Fluier, her mane and coat were the same; she even had the same lightning blue eyes. She was mine and I would be there for her forever. We shared the silent hug for so long. When we finally broke she looked at me and said, "I'm so happy you’re finally here"

"Kid," I said "I'll be here forever, you can count on it. From now on the both of us are gonna live happily eva afta."


And that's what we did; as we walked the street not knowing what was ahead of us I knew one thing. Fluier wanted me to take care of my beautiful daughter Deliae until I saw her again, and I would.

The End

Comments ( 26 )

I read the first two chapters. There's a lot of grammar errors and some minor spelling errors littered in it. You should get someone to preread and maybe edit it for you. Other than that, this could become a good one. The idea of the fic itself is nice, I'd like to see a little more background on DT and this fic is good for just that.

Get a prereader and you'll be fine. :twilightsmile:

You spelt "Filly" with a "P"... I know it might sound like that when you say it out loud, but I assure you it's not spelt like that on paper... :applejackunsure: Like 625443 said, get yourself a pre-reader ASAP and you should be fine.

625443thanks its my very first mlp fanfic and sorry about the gramar errors although Chisel does have an accent so i wanted to portray that. I don't acctually know any other bronys so i don't have a designated prereader yet.

626322
There's groups here that offer help with prereading, you should look for one of those groups and hook up with one of 'em. The fic is a solid idea, it just needs refining.

very good story a bit of a tear jerker bravo good sir

thanks syphony ill look into that and thanks to you too bronyhood of steel it was kinda the whole theme to get ppl bronymotional

629834
Here to help. :twilightsmile:

Such a sad ending, but there's hope. :pinkiesad2:

Nice to see that Diamond Tiara made her peace with Applebloom. :yay:

632641 lol im glad you enjoyed the story it's my very first fanfic ill be doing more of the Equestrian Rich Pony series, next one up is Lyra

I made the mistake of listening to "You're the inspiration" by Chicago while reading this last chapter.:fluttercry: This is a masterpiece. Can't wait to read the rest of your series.:pinkiesad2:

700206lol well its not really a series its more like different stories of the lives of rich background characters around equestria. I'm brainstrorming ideas for Lyra next.

I shed a manly tear

915253lol you waiting for swag.mov too glad you liked the story i have many a more that are apparently better than this one try out the untold story of ditzy doo for some reason i cant seem to get anybrony to give it a thumbs down

I do love a bittersweet ending.:eeyup:

1965635 This was my first idea for a fanfic I'm really glad a lot of people liked it and also that it isn't compleatly dead after so long ago of me writing it.:twilightsmile:

2162221 That'd be really nice I'd like that.

If this is the DT edition, doe that mean there will be a Silver Spoon edition?

looking forward to reading this BTW:twilightsmile:

well you didn't describe Deliae accurately at all if in fact she is the same pony we see with the Fleur De Lis Cutiemark that is Fancy Pants escort.

She is a white unicorn with a pink mane and tail and lavender eyes.

3577060Deleai is an OC character and I even put in there that she looks just like Fluier only younger. As for the pony seen with Fancy, her name was Fluer de Lis same concept except no relation. Fluier and her daughter have nothing to do with her.

3598710
okay. still a little confusing but allright.

will there be a Secret Diary of An Equestrian Rich Pony:Silver Spoon Edition? I would hope to find out DT's assumption that she means nothing to Silver would be a falsehood.

3599032Not sure I've got a lot of fiction to write. But that sounds like a really good idea, I'll take it under consideration and contact you when I get to it.

3599479
the consideration alone is appreciated.

I just hate when ponies say Silver follows either out of fear or some other ulterior motive, when all I see is two fillies very devoted to each other, willing to forsake all others to support one another. Either as friends or lovers depending on your taste.:raritywink:

3599910 I'll figure it out when I get to it. Thanks for reading!

:fluttercry:*sniff* so sweet...

Login or register to comment