• Published 21st May 2012
  • 1,434 Views, 41 Comments

The Secret Diary of an Equestrian Rich Pony: Diamond Tiara edition - discord7



This is Diamond Tiaras story, the reason she is the way she is.

  • ...
2
 41
 1,434

Chisels Story: Part 2

Several months had passed since Fluier had come to my shed, she told me that Mr.McMath had told her where I lived. I hung out with her almost everyday. I told her many things from my life as we became closer including why Mr.McMath knew me so closely.


I couldn't blame the old man, he was more of a father to me than my real dad. I had known the old coot since kindergarten. He said I was the same stubborn foal back then too, and I guess was, stealing other ponys sandwiches, luchboxes, just about anything I could get my hooves on. After all even back then there wasn't much for me to eat, I had to find a way to get something. I remember one day a red pony by the name of Macintosh was being picked on, he really wasn't the brightest crayon in the box, but that didn't give foals the the right to mess with him. I trotted over to break it up.

"Leave him alone," I told them. The bullies turned around, Macintosh looked at me tears welling up in his eyes from the insults they had tossed to him. It just didn't seem right to me, even though I had never stuck up for anypony except myself.

"Oh ya?" said Topz the leader of the bullies, he thought he was better than everypony else because he was bigger, but that also had to do with the fact that he was held back three times. I knew I could take him though, "You gunna stop me, 'lil bitty Chisel" His cronies howled with laughter as if it were the best joke they had ever heard.

"Maybe I will." I glared at him, he lowered his head to me and squinted that's when I made my move. I scooped up some dirt in my hoof and threw it in his eyes.

"AHHHHH," he screamed, "NO FAIR YOU CHEATED." He ranted backing up and tripping over his cronies.

"Who told you I fought by the rules!?" I yelled I rammed my forehoof into his jaw, then bucked him in his rib, he howled with pain. I enjoyed watching the bully suffer, well at least until Mr.McMath stopped me.

He picked me up by the scruff of my nape and carried me off to his office.

"Ya that's right have the teacher step in, I was gunna kick your flank." Topz said.

Before Mr.McMath slammed the door shut I saw Macintosh kick Topz in the face and then knock out the other two with a quick buck to the face. I sneered, looks like Mac's had enough too.

"What the hay just happened out there Chisel?" Mr.M asked.

"I was sticken up for Mac." I told him, he opened his mouth to say something and stopped when he processed what I said.

"Well that is very valient of you Chisel, but rules are rules and-" he began.

"Rules are ment to be broken" I stated.

He chuckled "Yes well the school has a strict zero tolerance policy, so I have to suspend you." he told me.

"Ya, whatever..." I said looking down.

"Chisel I know everything isn't ok at home but I can't do anything if you don't tell me." He told me with concern, I knew the old man wanted to help but I didn't want anypony to, it was something I had to do myself. I went to the office got my pink slip and began to leave when a red colt ran after me screaming his head off.

"HEEEEY" he yelled.

"Whatsup Macintosh" I greeted.

"Nopony's ever stood up fer me before." he said with his down-home accent.

"Ya, well don't get used to it, world's fulla jerks" I turned around.

"Chisel," he said, "If ya ever get hungry you can come to my ranch, my Granny Smith makes the best Zapapple
Jam in all of Equestria. I've seen ya takin muh PB 'n J bufore, I know ya like mine the best."

I chuckled a bit, "Is that what that was?" I asked, Macintosh smiled encouragingly, "ya sure I'll swing by sometime."

"Great," Macintosh said "Remember it's Sweet Apple Acres, ok?"

"Ya ok got it, Macintosh." I said.

"Call me lil' Mac, that's what muh family calls me at least."

"Haha, ok lil' Mac."



"Wow so you knew Big Macintosh back when he was," Fluier giggled "'Little Macintosh'?"

"E'yup." I said just like Mac. "Hey let's go see what my old buddies up to huh?"

"I'd love to." She said

It was a weekend Fluier and I spent a lot of time together I had asked her to go on a date with me two weeks after she came to my shed. When she arrived she asked me why I lived here, I told her it was my house and she began to laugh, then she saw I was serious and hid her face a bit in shame. I told her there was nothing to worry about, most of these other rich pony's would laugh if they saw him living here too.

She asked me many questions over the time we dated those first two months, I would answer shyly and eventually open up to the whole story when I found out she wasn't lauging at me but acctually interested in what I had to say. She was my very first marefriend, and I knew she was different from other mares. There was one problem though, I had told her many times but she said it didn't matter, I knew it would and it would lead to the ultimate downfall of our romance.

Her father was rich and I knew as soon as he tired of dingy old Ponyville he would leave back to Canterlot. She told me if he moved than she would stay here with me. No, I told her, there was no place for her she could never stay here she had blue-blood. When I told her she asked what it ment, I told her it ment she was rich, and couldn't handel the harsh middle-class life. She laughed at my comment and told me that she'd find a way to stay, or at least find a way for me to come to Canterlot, it was my turn to laugh. Imagine that, me in Canterlot. I could probably find my niche as a comedian, all I'd have to do was go up on stage and say 'I live here' they'd get a kick out of that.

...

Two years had passed and she was still here, and we were still dating. Yes sirie it was looking up for old Chisel, he had gotten promoted at the metal refinery, he was assistant manager now he had salery, he had a house of his own and finally, spending cash for his beautiful marefriend Fluier. But soon she would be much more, in fact after today he could look forward to spending the rest of his life with her, finally happy. He was in the jewlery shop trying to find the perfect diamond for his sweetheart. Finally he found it, a big heart-shaped diamond that shined blue due to the baby-blue sapphires that surrounded it, the band of which was white gold with a yellow gold trim. It was beautiful. "This one" I told the jeweler.

"Ok sir, wonderful choice, come over here and we can set up a payment program." he told me.

"Not necessary." I told him.

He laughed as if I told a joke "Sir that single ring is worth over ten thousand bits."

"Like I said," pouring the entire contents of both my saddlebags filled with my life savings, " not...necessary!"

His mouth dropped as he saw the tremendous pile of cash on his counter, I waited in a chair as he counted it, gave me my change and brought me my bride-to-be's ring.

"Anything else for you today sir?" He said.

"Nope that's all, thanks." I told him.

"Come back anytime now." He yelled after me as I exited.

Ppft, what kind of idiot was this guy, a colt like me didn't find a mare this unique every day?

I gallopped across the single trail through Ponyville to Fluier's house, that was until I saw her galloping straight towards me, a look of worry on her face.

We stopped, "What's the matter?" I asked.

She gasped for breath, she looked as if she were about to cry when she finally looked up at me, "My father is leaving and he won't let me stay, the guards are looking for me as we speak." She said, she broke out into tears.

My heart sank like a ton of bricks, the ring in my saddlebag weighed heavily.

"We..." She sobbed "we're going overseas, to Trottingham." she said. As I my hopes could get no lower, my legs could hardly hold the weight now. I put the ring back in my bag.

"Go home Fluier, but remember, I will always love you." it was the first time I had told her that. "One day Fluier, one day I'll save some money and I'll come looking for you I promise."

She nodded her head and kissed me, "I know you will," she said "and when you do get there," she pulled out a quill sribbled on a piece of paper for a minute and stuffed it in an envelope which she gave to me an, "I will wait for you, every day, do not open the envalope until you are in Trottingham though."

We shared one last smile and hug. I nodded and she turned tail and trotted home.