• Published 21st May 2012
  • 1,434 Views, 41 Comments

The Secret Diary of an Equestrian Rich Pony: Diamond Tiara edition - discord7



This is Diamond Tiaras story, the reason she is the way she is.

  • ...
2
 41
 1,434

Behind The Diamond Tiara

I woke up early the next morning for school too early I still had an hour to get ready, I peered out my window. Chisel was nowhere to be seen, he must have left. I pulled the covers over my head and tried to sleep, I couldn't, HOW COULD I? I was going to learn how to create beautiful bronze statuettes.

I threw the sheets off and looked across the room at the model of Princess Celestia that Chisel had given me. I trotted over and took it from its shelf, and looked over it once more. The details of it was amazing, spectacular even, it was as if Celestia herself was there to take my problems away.

I giggled to myself as I thought of the statue talking to me, I put on my best Celestia voice, "Come Diamond Tiara we shall make our leave of your old home, you will live with me in the Canterlot Castle." I giggled again hehe "OK Celestia as the ruler of Equestria, we your subjects must obey your commands"

My thoughts were interrupted by my parents, arguing... again.

"HOW CAN THIS BE MY FAULT?" My mother screamed.

I could hear them they were close right around the corner; I replaced my statue of Celestia and trotted over to eavesdrop.

"IT IS YOUR FAULT BECAUSE YOUR THE ONE WHO BORE ME A DAUGHTER INSTEAD OF A SON!" my father yelled back to her.

It was one of those fights again, they hadn't argued about this issue for a while. Not since they caught me spying...just like now, but I refused to leave.

"I can't live forever; I need a son to take over my business. Diamond Tiara is your child," he pointed his hoof at her,” how can she know how to deal with new employees, manage the upkeep of sales you have already spoiled her mind you saw her last report card?" He ranted.

"Diamond Tiara is our child and she can't be expected to perform as well as she can in a public school setting. I told you we have to get her a private school education." My mother fired back.

"IF SHE CAN'T HANDEL A SITUATION SHE'S UNWILLINGLY DELT HOW DO YOU THINK THAT REFLECTS ON HER ABILITY TO PREFORM UNDER PRESSURE!!! Look at it from my point of view will you woman. A business point of view Diamond Tiara is not ready for such quandaries, all she will be good for is a housewife just like you." My father sneered.

I was going to interject but my mother fired first.

"You don't even seem to be able to handle your own personal problems much less business I've seen your chart reports in the last two years productivity has gone down more than 75%, it seems the only thing keeping YOU afloat is that Apple family giving you some of their Zap apple Jam. How's that for a housewife Filthy?"

My father gazed at her angrily began to move toward her with his hoof raised, "Why you little--" I couldn’t hold my silence any longer I could not allow my mother to be struck.

"STOOOP!" I yelled. My father recoiled hearing the sound of my voice knowing he had been caught in not only a bad situation but as looking like a terrible father too.

"Uh, sweetheart," he looked shocked to see me, "uh, munchkins? How long have you been there?" my father said nervously. I looked at my mother she had fear in her eyes and looked at me, pleading to pretend I didn't hear anything.

"Enough to know you'd sell me for the next cider harvest if it came to it." I shot at him.

"Now sweetie, I didn’t mean all of what I said as harshly as it sounded I just--" I interrupted him.

"Can it, old man I don't want your business anyways I've got bigger plans." The truth was I was bluffing to make him nervous "Whatever son you choose is going to fail guaranteed and I'll be sure to be there to watch it happen." I shot him a menacing stare.

He knew his business was starting to fail we all did and all it would take was a small bit competition to rise up and knock his business down.

I stormed to my room and got ready I think I'd walk today.

At school the same usual boring lectures, a few assignments and homework. After school I was surprised to see a carriage waiting for me, my father already inside, I said goodbye to my one and only friend Silver Spoon, and got into the carriage and looked out the window to let him know I was still upset with him.

He began his usual 'It's not always how it sounds' lecture that I'd only heard a thousand times. He knew I wasn't
A real threat to his business, he only wanted to comfort me after saying such terrible things, and like always I would shrug it off and continue my life as always. When we finally got home he stopped me.

"Sweetheart" he said, I still didn't turn around to look at him "I love you Diamond, more than you know."

"Ya," I told him shrugging off his hoof, "whatever."

I hopped out of the cart and galloped to my room and slammed the door ran to my pillow and screamed at the top of my lungs. How could he actually believe I would forgive him that easily? Then I began to think, I caused this, it's my fault they fight all the time if I hadn't come along there wouldn't be that kind of arguing anymore. I began to cry, I didn't know for how long but it was long enough for me to get tired and fall asleep.

When I woke up I heard the Town Hall bell ringing, I counted the rings...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8... AHHHHH! It was eight o' clock I'd be late I told Chisel I'd be there. I grabbed my bath robes threw it on and ran down the stairs almost tripping over the gown. As I ran outside gasping for air I saw Chisel.

"Oh hey kid, ya made it." he looked at me and laughed.

"What, what is it?" I asked questioningly, trying to catch my breath.

"I thought I told ya ta wear somethin' less fancy."

"Wha?" I began as I realized I had grabbed the present my mom had given me for my birthday. It had a large capital D embroidered on the side and many other fine treading’s and stitching that made it a one of a kind.

"Ha-ha, I expected something' like this," he said chuckling, "don't worry kid, Chisel always comes prepared." he threw me a kid sized pair of overalls.

"Where'd this come from?" I asked staring at the tacky denim weave.

"It was uh... mine when I was a kid," he said "come on kid let’s get started we're already late" I pulled on the overalls and fastened them under the gown walked inside and pulled the gown off and put it on the coat rack inside. Chisel was already at a work bench.

"Over here kid." he called I walked over and saw a bunch of wires and bands of metal and several odd tools.

"What's all this? I thought I was gonna make a statue."

"Eventually you will but foist I gotta see where you're at creativity wise, let's see what you can make out of this. Now remember when you use the soldering iron," he said pointing his hoof at a pen looking instrument that was held up in a spring, "do not touch the tip. Put it and one of these wires between two pieces a metal, got it?" He demonstrated for me

"Got it." I replied.

"Good I'll be back in a half an hour gotta get some breakfast." he said as he left.

When the door was shut behind him I sighed and looked at the pieces of metal, what in the world am I gonna make with this junk. I looked around the room and saw at the edge of my table was a wooden box. Was this part of the materials I was allowed to use? I looked around and opened it, out fell a piece of paper; I opened it and read the chicken-scratch handwriting.


Hey kid,
Looks like you got a little curious of my box. Ha-ha all according to plan, I knew an amateur would have trouble, no offense kid. So just get the stuff in here follow the instructions and you'll have something beautiful for yourself in no time at all.

---Chisel


Pretty short and sweet, there were instructions and well-drawn pictures depicting the more complex actions. Inside the box though is what shocked me. A few diamonds and a small filly-sized model bust. I knew exactly what he wanted me to make and it was time to get to work.