• Published 11th Mar 2015
  • 3,518 Views, 28 Comments

A Week In The Life of Sunset Shimmer - TheNewYorkBrony



Short mini stories of Sunset Shimmer and her friends.

  • ...
2
 28
 3,518

Icing On The Cake

Wednesday was a dark and stormy day, something Sunset had not been anticipating. She had promised Pinkie she would help her bake cupcakes for the Cake twins' birthday, and she wasn't about to break a Pinkie Promise.

When she stepped into Sugarcube Corner it was a little after twelve. It must have been a slow day because the front was empty except for Mr. Cake sitting at a booth reading a newspaper.

Sunset took her soaked hoodie off and hung it up before donning an apron and joining Pinkie in the kitchen.

"Wow! It's raining cats and dogs out there!" Pinkie commented, getting all their supplies out of the industrial refrigerator.

Sunset laughed. "Tell me about it! I couldn't even use my phone to tell you I was on the way because it would have gotten pelted by rain!"

Pinkie giggled. "Well, I'm glad you're here Sunny! I need all the help I can get! Pumpkin and Pound's birthday is tomorrow and there's gonna be at least thirty little kindergarteners running around!"

Sunset dumped some flour into a bowl. "Sounds fun," she responded with a smile. "I know how much you love entertaining the little ones so it should be a breeze for you!"

Pinkie nodded eagerly. "Yep! It's almost like my name is Pinkamena Responsibility Pie!" she said proudly, pointing to herself.

Sunset gave her a humored smile. "I thought it was Diane?" she asked, adding sugar, vanilla extract, and two eggs to the bowl of flour.

Pinkie waved her hand dismissively with a giggle snort. "Eh, same thing!"

The time passed quickly with them laughing and joking and talking of times with their friends from the previous school year.

"Remember when Rainbow put that whoopie cushion in Rarity's chair right after she got her seat switched in Ms. Cheerilee's class next to Trender?" Pinkie said, pouring the cake mix into the greased pans on the counter.

Sunset snickered from the sink as she washed their dishes. "Holy crap, how could I not? She wouldn't shut up about it for a month! The whole entire class heard the sound! Trender couldn't even look at her after that! I felt so bad for her but it was so funny!" She wouldn't be honest with herself if she said she didn't wish she had've thought of it first. Rarity had had a huge crush on Trender and wouldn't shut up about it. The girls decided that they were tired of hearing about him, and Rainbow decided to do something about it.

"Oh! What about the time Twilight had come through the portal on Halloween and you and Rainbow scared her with those horse masks?" The red and gold haired girl said, already feeling another fit of laughter bubbling inside her.

"Haha! She thought she had came to the wrong world! She was so scared! I kinda feel bad but it was such a good prank!" Pinkie giggled, slipping the pans into the oven.

Sunset dried her hands after she had finished washing the bowls and measuring cups, leaving them on a towel on the counter to dry. "So? What do you wanna do while we wait for them to finish baking?" She asked.

"Well, we could get the frosting out and let it soften so that when the cupcakes are ready we can just put it on them bad boys!" Pinkie suggested excitedly.

Sunset smiled. "Cool. Sounds like a plan." She reached into the fridge for the big tub of frosting and put it on the counter.

As she did, an idea brewed in her mind. Pinkie had her back turned to her, which meant it was a perfect opportunity for her to sneak up on her and hit her with some frosting. Dipping a finger into the tub, Sunset tip toed behind Pinkie and said, "Hey Pinkie!"

When the younger girl turned around, Sunset smeared vanilla frosting all over the side ofher face, catching her off guard just like she had planned to.

"Nice one, Sunny!" Pinkie giggled, licking the icing off her face. "But it's gonna take more than that to pull one over on me!" She reached into the tub herself and threw some frosting at Sunset. The glob hit her in the middle of her forehead and Pinkie busted out laughing.

Sunset grinned. "Oh yeah? Two can play that game!" She threw some back at her, but Pinkie dodged it easily, letting it smack against the kitchen counter.

She stuck her tongue out. "Missed me! Missed me! Now you gotta kiss me!" she taunted, smearing some frosting over her pink lips.

Sunset took that as a challenge. She tackled Pinkie, sending the both of them to the floor in a fit of laughter.

As their laughter died down, they soon realized the predicament that they were both in. Sunset was very much on top of Pinkie and their faces were very much close to each other.

Without thinking about it, Sunset effectively closed the space between them, pressing her lips to Pinkie's and began licking all the icing off of them. When she finished, she leaned back to see the slight blush on the younger girl's face.

Licking her lips, she grinned. "Well, you did say I had to kiss you."

Author's Note:

Ohhh a little shipping in this one! Next up is Rarity! Also by the way, as you all know I had entered the Everfree Northwest Pre-con Writing Contest and my entry (entry 51) is up for the Community Choice Award! If you'd like, please visit here to cast your vote! Just go to the comment section and enter entry #51! I also encourage you to vote for other writers too! Hope you guys liked this! And thank you! :pinkiehappy:

Comments ( 9 )

Wensday

Wednesday

She had promised Pinkie she would help Pinkie bake cupcakes

Second 'Pinkie' should be 'her'.

and she wasnt about

wasn't

donning and apron

an apron

industrial frigerator

refrigerator

"Sounds fun," She

Pinkamena Responsibility Pie!" She

"I thought it was Diane?" She asked

to finish baking?" She asked.

Now you gotta kiss me!" She taunted

she

they were tired if hearing

of

Twilight had came through

Either 'came' or 'had come'. Don't mix verb tenses like this.

scared her with those horse masks?" The red and gold haired said

Two errors here that could've been avoided by just using her name.

all over the side ofher face

The glob hit her in the middle ofher forehead

of her

5839400 yeah i have got to get me a proof reader! :twilightoops:

Pinkie and Sunset, a very rare but cute shipping. :raritywink:

Hehe those sounded like pranks rainbow would pull

before reading:ITS ABOUT GODDAMN TIME!:flutterrage:
After reading:well...:eeyup:

What's with the shipping?

So, Sunset shipped with everyone? Okay.

Wednesday was a dark and stormy day, something Sunset had not been anticipating. She had promised Pinkie she would help her bake cupcakes for the Cake twins' birthday, and she wasn't about to break a Pinkie Promise.

It was a dark and stormy night... :yay:

no mew updated???

Login or register to comment