• Published 24th Feb 2015
  • 432 Views, 8 Comments

Dark Equestrians - zxcvsaw



A simple re-imagining of the Equestrian lore through the eyes of Dark Souls

  • ...
3
 8
 432

Chapter 3 - Violent Hearts

The stallion stood in his place as the Afflicted guards lunged their way towards him. All he could think of was the eerie way the jawbone just seemed to hang on to that few minuscule strands of decayed flesh...

He tried to warn his body to move; he tried to rile it up to react to the violence. But somewhere in that nebulous connection between mind and flesh, the thought fizzled and died. His eyes dilated with fear as the first guard was upon him...

"Flesh is so delicate," his mind thought absentmindedly as the Afflicted guard sank its teeth through the tendons and sinews of the stallion's throat and ripping loose.

In a split second of the mind, his lethargic thoughts were serrated with savage bursts of red, and somewhere in the far distance, he heard a bestial roar that sounded, oddly enough, quite a lot like him.

He felt like he was being torn apart, based on the sudden jerks that felt on all about, and his mind kept on going in circles about that happy spot of sun that he used to look at constantly in his prison cell which always got punctured by that fucking burst of red and he felt mad because they were tearing him apart or was he mad because the red punctured the sun or it just didn't matter at all he was angry, mad, enraged, savaged, saddened, scared, feared, and thoughts thoughts thoughts just trying to overwhelm him and he thought he was going crazy and and and and

Then he found a crack.

In the chaotic maelstrom that formed his mind, he felt a slight bulge in his consciousness. He saw a strange, archaic rune blocking his path and tried to push through it. It offered more resistance than he thought. He took his horn and stabbed the rune a little bit harder. A little crack tinkled in the abyss. He pushed and pushed and pushed through with a desperation that surprised even him and finally he broke through!

He looked around in the receding haze of red that dotted his vision. The garden...he was back at the garden. His horn felt like it was burning and when he tried to find the Afflicted guards, he only saw charred piles of flesh that didn't resemble anything pony-like.

He looked down at the ground. It was scorched beyond belief. He placed a hoof over the bite mark on his neck. The blood languishingly flowed with a dark, thick, viscous texture and he supposed that there was a time, before the accursed mark replaced his Cutie Mark, where it might have spurted out with bright, intense passion. It might have killed him once. But his blood was cold to the touch, and though he winced as he rubbed his wound, he began to feel the bleeding stop already.

He looked above. The sky seemed to spin around in circles, but he was certain that it was becoming dark. He felt dizzy and wanted to rest, but he had a strange feeling in the pits of his stomach that he had to move forward. That he couldn't let the darkness overtake him.

He looked at the giant door in front of him. The door seemed to loom over him with the rotten timbers that formed its skeleton and was trepidatious to its sight. But the darkness was more ominous.

So the stallion walked to the giant door that was once guarded by the three Afflicted and tried to shove through it. To his surprise, the door relented easily to his push and he walked past the door.

Comments ( 6 )

Awesome!
I'm just a bit confused on how those afflicted guards died. :derpytongue2: Anyway keep it up. :pinkiehappy:

5680434 Interesting, I thought I left enough clues on how they were killed.

5684803

He felt like he was being torn apart, based on the sudden jerks that felt on all about, and his mind kept on going in circles about that happy spot of sun that he used to look at constantly in his prison cell which always got punctured by that fucking burst of red and he felt mad because they were tearing him apart or was he mad because the red punctured the sun or it just didn't matter at all he was angry, mad, enraged, savaged, saddened, scared, feared, and thoughts thoughts thoughts just trying to overwhelm him and he thought he was going crazy and and and and
Then he found a crack.
In the chaotic maelstrom that formed his mind, he felt a slight bulge in his consciousness. He saw a strange, archaic rune blocking his path and tried to push through it. It offered more resistance than he thought. He took his horn and stabbed the rune a little bit harder. A little crack tinkled in the abyss. He pushed and pushed and pushed through with a desperation that surprised even him and finally he broke through!
He looked around in the receding haze of red that dotted his vision. The garden...he was back at the garden. His horn felt like it was burning and when he tried to find the Afflicted guards, he only saw charred piles of flesh that didn't resemble anything pony-like.
He looked down at the ground. It was scorched beyond belief.

:applejackunsure:
I still don't get it :P

5684870 Can you guess what is going on? I'm kind of interested to see what you actually got from this scene.

So in my simply simple mind he is being attacked. Then he is imagining the sun but it is covered by red as he's being attacked. He is confused why he is angry. He trys to open a door that is covered by a rune, all the while being attacked and when he opens it with his horn and suddenly all the guards die. So I'm thinking: What? :derpytongue2:

5684982 I guess I was too vague. Basically, what happens is that a good portion of it takes place in his mind. In his rage, he conjures a spell that blasts the guards. Thanks for the feedback tho!

Login or register to comment