• Published 24th Feb 2015
  • 432 Views, 8 Comments

Dark Equestrians - zxcvsaw



A simple re-imagining of the Equestrian lore through the eyes of Dark Souls

  • ...
3
 8
 432

Prelude

Author's Note:

This is going to be my first actual serious attempt at creating a fan fiction piece for MLP. With that said, there will be some disclaimers. This work is not an attempt to theorize about the origins of Equestria in the canonical version. This is set in an alternative universe which takes a look at what happens if you crossed the universes of Dark Souls and My Little Pony: FIM together. So please do not criticize this piece for being incorrect about the source material as certain creative liberties will be taken. That being said, feel free to criticize everything about this. I would like to improve as a writer and sadly the only way is through the bitter way XD.

Listen my child, listen to the tale of how our world was formed…

In the beginning, when the world was young, there existed a primeval mist that slumbered on all of existence.

Heat…Warmth…Light…

All was smothered by the unrelenting stillness of this primeval mist. A stillness that dreamt of eternal Winter…

Of Eternal peace…
Of Eternal silence…
Of Eternal death…

And deep within this stillness, there existed the immortal Wendigos, spirits of frost that ruled the width and breadth of the World’s domain.

They rested on thrones of tranquility, on the overlooking precipice that dreamt of tomorrow and today as one, and ensured that the World continued to slumber.

But then, from the empty blanket of the primeval mist, there came Fire.

With Fire came Chaos.
And with Chaos came Life.

They arose in the midst of the Fire, each gazing out into the frozen World and determined to claim it as theirs.

From the burning Destruction of the Fire, came the mighty Dragons, whose thirst for war knew no bounds.

From the boundary drawn by the Light of Fire and the Flickering Shadows, came the Draconequus who gazed into the brink of Chaos, never truly belonging to the Light or the Shadows.

And finally from the Heat of the Fire, came the youthful Alicorn and her faithful Equestrian servants, whose unwavering loyalty was only matched by the Alicorn’s compassion and grace.

They marched forth into the winter and with the strength of Lords, challenged the everlasting Wendigos for the dominion of the World.

The Draconequus, with the power of Chaos, stripped the Wendigos of their immortality and cursed them to be forever bound to the fabric of the World.

The Dragons, with their breath of hatred, scorched the world with great firestorms and burned the true bodies of the Wendigos until nothing but ash remained.

And the Alicorn and her servants, with the warmth from the strength and perseverance forged from their bonds, banished the spirits of the Wendigos and with that, the Wendigos were no more. With their passing, the primeval mist parted and the World was claimed by the new Lords.

Thus, the Age of Ice passed and the Age of Fire was ushered into the new land.

But although the Wendigos passed on from this World, their echoes still resonate through the veils of their exile and they whisper of the terrible fate they shall bring with their return

For time shall pass and the fires will fade
Even the brightest flame shall pass with a tired flicker
Until nothing is left but ice

Even now, there are only embers of the mighty kingdom that once ruled the land

Ponies know not the light and warmth of friendship, but the never-ending howl of the bitter cold.

Among the living ponies, there are those who bear the Accursed Icebite,

These are the Accursed and the Afflicted
For they shall rise again and again,
Lingering in the world until the very last breath of warmth is extinguished in their hearts.

But in this land, the Accursed are corralled into the South, to be imprisoned in an asylum until the end of days. For this…this is the fate of the Accursed Icebitten.

The winter shall pass but as the ice settles on the fading embers, a young Afflicted stirs in his prison...