• Published 12th Feb 2015
  • 806 Views, 19 Comments

Dentistry Sucks - Multi Personas



Colgate has a simple life, one that she enjoys very much. Though it begins to change; becoming more hectic, all thanks to one purple unicorn.

  • ...
4
 19
 806

Chapter 1

Chapter 1

“Mmm,” Colgate moaned as she stretched out her hooves, her front ones going over the top of her couch that she was laying on. She blearily blinked away her sleepiness and smacked her mouth a few times, still tasting the rum from last night's appointment, punk music still playing in the background. Colgate slowly sat up, used her magic to turn off the music, and started her way down the hall and into the first door on her right, which was her bathroom.

She passed the sink and toilet and stood directly into her shower, right under the shower head. She exhaled, It's ok. It wont be that bad, right? Oh come on, you do this ever morning. I made a very good point. So Colgate bit the metaphorical bit and used her magic to turn on the water, to a normal temperature, warm water spilled from the nozzle and dampened her hooves, then she pulled the thing for the shower head.

Colgate was suddenly grasped by an icy demon from the lands of beyond, her barrel seeming like it collapsed in on her and true fear shot through her like electricity, making her gasp quickly. Then came the warm water, washing her icy demon down the drain. Colgate let out a very appreciative sigh for warm water and took a time to praise it before washing herself.

Fifteen minutes later and Colgate stepped out, using her magic to dry her mane and coat with a light green towel, she used another strand to brush her teeth, making sure to get in between teeth and the such. She even flossed. After her floss she went back into her living room where she looked at the clock and saw that she was right on time for her lunch date with some friends.

Using her magic she picked up her saddlebags from her chair and tied them around her waist before stepping out in the warm summer afternoon air. She locked her door behind her and walked down to the road, heading west to the market. Only a few seconds after she started off she heard a familiar boyish voice call out “Hey, Colgate!”

Colgate stopped and looked back to see two mares hurrying to catch up. The tallest one, a gray Pegasus mare with a messy blonde mane and tail and crossed golden eyes, and the shorter one, an orange Earth Pony mare with a curly orange mane and tail with eyes, the color of the trees the lined the roads, looking ahead.

“Hey Derpy. Hey Carrot Top,” Colgate greeted them both with a smile, when they caught up they continued on their way to the market. “So where do you girls want to eat today?”

“Hmm, where haven't we eaten yet?” Carrot Top asked, tapping a hoof to her chin.

“Oh! How about that fancy small cafe that opened recently?” Derpy asked.

“I've been there, their food isn't the best,” Colgate said, making a face of slight disgust. “Anypony up for pizza?”

“Yeah!” Derpy and Carrot Top answered together, making them both giggle. Colgate only smiled, couples made her laugh.

“Then lets go!” Colgate said, racing off to the pizza place, both of her friends following with smiles just as big as hers.

$

It was a little after noon when they parted ways, each of them full of pizza and soda and tales of the week.

“See you later Colgate!” Derpy called after Colgate as they left.

“Later!” Colgate couldn't help it but smile even bigger, walking in the opposite direction. Colgate LOVED the weekends because it was when the true her could come out. At work she was often times stuffy and stiff, especially at the end of the day, but when the weekend started she became an almost completely different mare. It also helped that it was a beautiful day. A little too warm for Colgate, she was a fall type of girl, but even she had to admit that it was a beautiful day. The birds were chirping, there was a light breeze that carried the wondrous smells of the fields of flowers just outside of town.

She didn't have anything else to do today, and she was trying to find something to do. She started to just wander around, taking in the sights. Brightly colored buildings lined the streets, she could pop into Sugarcube Corner and grab a few sweets, but she just ate and she was trying to keep weight off. She was fat once, during her high school years and it made her life hell, so she made a promise that she would never get that big again.

But she needed something to do! It wasn't until she spotted a young colt with a foal's book in his little saddle bags that she realized that she hasn't been to the library in a very long time. She was just too busy, with work and such, but she had free time right now, so what the hay. Colgate didn't really think that she would finish the book, but still, why not? She just had to remember where the library was.

She set off in what she thought was the right direction and let her mind wander. It's been a real long time since she had been to the library, the last time she went Dusty Page was still the librarian, but when he died there was nobody to take it over. About a month or so after someone new took over the library but Colgate never got around to going back.

After about ten minutes or so of walking Colgate had managed to find her way to the library. A sign out front read “Golden Oaks Library”. Colgate looked up from the sign and looked at the giant tree that was renovated to become a library. There was once a sort of Ponyville piece of lore that every book that the library held was made from the parts of the tree that were hollowed out, but that was debunked the moment anypony saw that a shipment truck had delivered new books some odd years ago.

Even though the sign in the window said “Open” Colgate knocked three times before opening the door. A bell above the door chimed as Colgate opened the door. Colgate looked around and saw a door to her left some and stairs next to that, and books filling the carved out bookshelves in the wooden walls.

“Hello?” a voice called from the stairs, Colgate looked up and blinked in surprise. “Miss Colgate?”

“Miss Sparkle, what are you doing here?” Colgate asked in surprise.

“I live here, are you here for a book?” Twilight asked, a smile on her face.

“Oh, um yes, the sign said you were open,” Colgate said, trailing off. Colgate was a little shocked to meet the mare whom she imagined in very intimate thoughts only the night before. Colgate never thought she would have seen Twilight anytime soon. Of course now Colgate couldn't help but have a slight blush upon her face, thinking Twilight could somehow see into her thoughts.

“Of course, though I wasn't expecting anypony was going to come in today. Are you looking for a specific book?” Twilight asked, seeming to ignore or not notice the new color in Colgate's face. She walked past Colgate to the shelves, looking at them in anticipation to look.

“Oh, um, right,” Colgate stammered out, momentarily forgetting what she was doing. “Nothing specific, maybe something that has to do with fantasy?”

“Fantasy? Sure!” Twilight exclaimed, going to the right book shelf. “What sub-genre?”

“Adventure, probably,” Colgate said, thinking what sounds good.

“Adventure?” Twilight repeated to herself. Twilight began looking more closely. “Ah ha! How about Dire's Activity?” Twilight floated it over to Colgate, who took it in her magic.

Colgate read the back of the book and smiled to herself. It sounded like a really good book. “Alright, this sounds pretty good,” Colgate said, looking up from the book, just in time to see Twilight using a ladder to read some higher up books.

“I have some more books if you're interested,” Twilight said, looking at more titles. Twilight was leaning at such a way that Colgate had a rather nice view of Twilight's rump, which made the blush of Colgate's face an even more noticeable red.

“Uh-uh-um, nah, it's cool. Thanks though,” Colgate said, having to tear her eyes away from such a nice view.

“Alrighty then,” Twilight said, getting down from the ladder. She used her magic to levitate a rather large and dusty book from somewhere. She floated it down onto a coffee table that was surrounded by a few sofas and chairs. “Ok,” Twilight said, cracking open the tome. It was filled with nothing but names. “Have you checked out any books here before?”

“Uh, yeah, a few years ago,” Colgate said, gathering around the little coffee table.

“Ok, what name am I looking for?” Twilight asked, flipping through the pages.

“Colgate Minuette,” Colgate said.

“Ok, let's see,” Twilight muttered to herself as she flipped through pages. “Aha! Colgate Minuette!... Oh dear.”

“What's wrong?” Colgate asked, afraid something was wrong.

“It seems as though you have a book that is long over due,” Twilight said, looking a bit closer. Colgate tried to rack her brain for an answer but couldn't quite come up with anything. “A book called 'How to erase your past Volume 8, collectors edition' by Gregory Lockhoof?”

“Oooh,” Colgate said, she knew which book she was talking about. It seemed like a very good read so she picked it up. “Right, heh, how much do I owe?” she asked, rubbing the back of her head with a hoof and a sheepish smile on her face.

“Hmm, let me see...” Twilight said, getting out a sheet of paper and a quill. She did some math, muttering to her self. “At 25 cents per day, it will be 273.75 bits.”

“Oh,” Colgate said, shocked. "Heh, anyway that can be over looked on account of you being the new librarian?"

"Sorry, I'd love to, but i really can't," Twilight appoligised, she really did look very sorry.

"Really? Oh man," Colgate said with a grimace.

“Uh, yeah,” Twilight said, it became awkward between the two.

“Could I pay that later?” Colgate asked, sheepishly. “I don't really have that many bits to drop at the moment, heh."

“Oh, of course!” Twilight said, getting up. “Go ahead and take the book, just bring back the other one later, ok?”

“Sure, thank you very much!” Colgate said with a smile. “I'll see you around Mrs. Twilight,”

“Just call me Twilight,” She said.

“Call me Colgate,” Colgate said with a smile. And with that Colgate left with a heavy fine on her mind along with a purple butt.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the wait, I hope you enjoyed it, and please point out any mistakes in the comments below.

Comments ( 11 )

“Hello?” a voice called from the stairs, Colgate looked up and blinked in surprise. “Mrs. Colgate?”
Mrs. Sparkle, what are you doing her?” Colgate asked in surprise.

Should be Miss or Ms.; Mrs. denotes marriage, and here not her.

5702483 Ah! haha, thats something that i really have trouble with, thank you very much.

5702141 Oh! thank you very much for pointing that out.

Yes, I thank thee for a while I doubted your word and feared for the worst but this is a sine! I know I have already asked for so much of thou I have one more, how do you say, favor? For the love of all that is holy don't stop the story until it tis done! I have seen to many of my favorite story's go unchecked and left to rot. Have a heart, but alas that is for a different time. Look at me rant I should thank thee for keeping thou word. So thank you from the bottom of my heart.
From your reader.
-Masteroffaces1

5703304 You are so very welcome, young sir. Fear not, for I wont be abandoning this story until it is properly finished. I shall continue writing on the late morrow. I bid you a good day.

And to you back a thank you indeed. I wish to address thou name with a greenish hew to show whom I speak to, but it seems to elude me.

5705697 Ah well then allow me to teach thou, next to the waste basket icon in the upper right thy will find two arrows pointing to the right, in the comment of thou choice that is. Press only that and and whoever's name you wish shall become green in your next comment.

5705977 I have been enlightened! such a simple concept alluded me for some time it seems I have another thanks to I've out, and so shall I will.

Thank you.

5707323 You are so very welcome, I hope you enjoy my stories, if you like this one then I suggest a few of my other stories.

Can't wait for the next chapter.

Huh... I think I like this so far! You should update soon. So I can read more and make up my mind! Lol

Login or register to comment