• Published 8th Feb 2015
  • 1,628 Views, 14 Comments

52 - 6ix



The world has ended or did it start anew?

  • ...
2
 14
 1,628

Chapter Zero

Empty.

Destitute.

Nothing.

Nullity.


Blank.

Oblivion.

Void.

"Is it really over?"


A white endless void of nothing. Its strange to give nothing a name, or is it contradiction?


"What else would we call it?"


If nothing exist what is the point of naming it?


"Because, that's where you start."

Unfilled.


Dawning.


Embarkation.


Alpha.


Birth.


In the endless void she became.
An equine.

Female...no mare.

Pony?


Shades of purple with glowing tribal lines covered her coat. A horn that was more like a lance extended from her head. Wings that stretched into the very void around her. Her eye was closed as if she was blind. Or maybe she didn't have to see?


That's a bit grandiose, but I supposed a flake of dust would look like a gem in this emptiness.



The mare spoke with no emotion. "What are you?"


Don't know. A memory I suppose? How else would I know of things that are not.


"Like what?"

Games.


Play.

Begin.

Start.
Chess.


Like the mare a table with a board game on it came into being. All the pieces were all in its place.


"I don't know how to play."


I think you might find that you do.


The mare looked down at the chess board, her eyes still closed yet she saw that her pieces were white. She new that meant she was first.


"Seems that I do, but how did you know?"


If I'm a memory, I must be your memory.


"I am the only thing that exists."


She moved her first pawn.


"What will we do when we're done?"


Start over.


"I think that's what we're doing."


Starting over? We have just begun.


The mare finally opened her eyes and looked around at the endless see of white. "I'm not talking about the game."


Can you remember what I look like? I can't really touch anything as I am.


"I think you had claws...but they were different from each other."


"That's a start," another figure said as it materialized on the other side of the of the table. His voice was male and he was covered by a black hooded robe. Only his claws could bee seen. One was a paw of a large cat the other seemed to be more like a talon than a claw. "I think I like games."


"Oh?" Said the mare.


"I think that was my memory this time." The robed creature said.


"Where do we begin?" The mare asked.


The creature moved one of his pawns. "I think it was something you said once. Can you remember?"


13

13

13

13

"52." She answered.

The creature spoke with a fake sense of confusion. "It starts with 52?"

She answer as if she was reading a script. "Thirteen darkness, thirteen lights, thirteen warriors, and thirteen kings."

"I don't think that's right." The creature pondered. "Ah! I know where it starts. Where everything starts."

"Whats that?" The mare asked.

"With chaos." The creature snapped his talon and the world around them exploded in brilliant, blinding light.
Everything passed through them and their game as if they were never there.

"This will take some time," the creature said. "Let's play while we wait."

The mare just went along with him. Each move caused the world around them shaped itself as if it was a growing creature in a mother's womb. Vast bubbles of energy gave life to matter. That matter clumped together and became energy again but that left behind new shapes of matter. Over and over again this cycled danced around them till the complexity of the universe was as vast as the void once was.

"It's getting interesting." The creature said.

The mare put the creature's king in check and looked down as the once white nothingness became brown moist soil beneath her hooves.

"Indeed," she agreed.

The universe went on around them as they were not apart of it. The sun flashed across the sky by the seconds. The sky slowly went from red to blue as the ground become covered in green. Life flourish and died off just to rise up again.

"I think it time." The creature said as he positioned his knight.

"For what?" The mare looked up at the creature and his form started to fade.

"It is as you said we are starting again." The creature said. "And I'm always one of the thirteen darkness."

The mare looked down at the chess board. For the first time her face reflected emotion. "B-but our game."

"We'll finish it one day." He faded some more

The mare didn't know why she was so sad that he was leaving her. She really didnt know anything; it as if life had handed her mind a script to follow.

"We'll meet again?" She asked in a fearful voice.

"We always do." He answered.

His words weighed heavy in her mind.

"We have done this before?" She asked.

"I believe its called reincarnation." The creature answered. "I have lost count on how many times we been through this. Although you never seem to remember anything."

"Why?" Was all she could muster.

"Don't know." He pondered for a moment. "I think the world can't forget you and you can't forget me."

The mare didn't understand why she felt such strong emotion for this hooded creature but as he faded from her sight one thing came to mind.

"Let's not fight so much this time."

Author's Note:

Had some time for once bc I was in the hospital waiting for my wife's doctor. Armed with my IPad I got somethings out of my head. It's a little strange I know but this is what happens when I cant write down my creative thinking for a long time.

Comments ( 14 )

This fic indeed made me think on the proper use of apostrophes.

An intriguing piece. A little rough around the edges, but I love the concept.

Somepony's been playing Kingdom Hearts recently (and not just me)

Good story but why was this added to Spilight?

I like the concept, and the open-endedness.

6ix

5604180 I hit the wrong one I was trying to put it in discolite

6ix

5604152 Oh god! Was it that obvious?

keep churning them out. and i hope things are alright with your wifey.

6ix

5605241 Thank you and she's fine just....really really prego

The name... I'm guessing it came from DC Comics?

5605218
Possibly, but I have been burning through KH2.5 and I'm about to head over to BBS. Additionally DDD is one of my favorite 3DS games and I plan to replay it as soon as I get the New3DS. I have to though that I now wish to see Discord as a member of the Organization.

Pretty cool, though I wonder why it's Twilight who's forming. Is she a secret God or something?

Login or register to comment