• Published 23rd Mar 2015
  • 1,421 Views, 3 Comments

Facing the Inferno - Phantomslayer230



When a house catches fire in Ponyville, Whirlwind if forced to face her biggest fear to save a young trapped filly.

  • ...
3
 3
 1,421

Aftermath

Whirlwind opened her eyes slowly. Her body was numb and felt weak. As her senses came back to her she gazed out at her surroundings, she was in a white room. She laid in a soft bed as the faint beeping of a heart monitor pinged along with her pulse. Near her bed she saw flowers and ballons saying things like "get well soon." As she rustled in bed she felt something on her wing. Upon further investigation, she saw it was bandages. She could see a few charred feather poking through here and their.

As Whirlwind continued to survey her surroundings she noticed another sound aside from the heart monitor. It was quiet and sounded like a low rumble, it sounded like.... "Snoring?" Seated at the foot of her bed was Prism. Sitting in a chair with his head dipped down slightly. He had a little bit of drool coming from his mouth which caused Whirlwind to giggle a bit.

The quiet laugh surprisingly stirred Prism from his slumber as he opened his eyes slowly. He let out a light yawn before looking over to Whirlwind. Once he saw that she was awake he smiled.

"Hey there dubz, how ya feeling?"

"Alright I guess. What happened? How long was I out?" Whirlwind asked as she tried to sit up in her bed but was held down by Prism.

"Hold it right there. You still gonna be a little weak. Take it easy for a bit kay?" Whirlwind nodded.

"So, how long was I out?"

"Not to long." Prism said as he glanced at the clock. "About four hours or so."

"Four hours? What happened?"

Prism looked a little more serious. "Well what do you remember?"

Whirlwind pondered for a bit. "Well I remember flying home to Ponyville. I saw a light in the middle of town. When I flew down to investigate there was...." Whirlwind stopped as her eyes went wide and she started to hyperventilate. "F-F-Fire."

Prism shook Whirlwind a little to try and calm her down. "Whirlwind look at me. Your alright, your safe. And so is that little filly you saved."

Whirlwind's breathing returned to normal as she looked up at Prism. "Thanks Priz."

"Don't mention it." Prism took a step back and cocked his gaze toward the floor slightly. "Look Whirlwind, I know I'm probably not the first guy you wanted to see when you woke up."

"It's fine Prism. I'm just glad someone was here. But that does bring up another question. Where is everypony else?"

"They were all here a bit ago, but they had to go. They all had their own things to do, but they asked me to let them know when you woke up. But I do know why Icy and Hot Head aren't here."

"Why?"

"Well, Icy thought it would be best if he flew to Cloudsdale and let the Bolts know what happened. So that's where he is. Hot Head though..."

Whirlwind was slightly worried from Prism's reluctance to speak. "What is it. What was Hot Head's reason."

"Well, he's taking your injury pretty hard. He's convinced himself that what happened to you was his fault. He says that he's a guard and he should have gotten to town sooner so he could have run into the fire instead of you."

Whirlwind was saddened by this news. She knew Hot Head took failures hard but this wasn't his fault in any way. He should know that sometimes things happen that are just out of your own control. Whirlwind's train of thought was derailed when she heard soft sniffling from Prism. Prism gaze was locked on the floor.

"Prism, what's wrong."

Prism's voice was quiet and weak. "I'm sorry."

"What?"

"Whirlwind I'm so sorry." Prism was crying now.

"What for?"

"For everything." He answered quickly. "I'm sorry for patronizing you all the time. I'm sorry for not treating you better, for not being a better boyfriend years ago. For not being able to help you when you go and rush into to worst fear. I should have been there for you!" Prism collapsed at the foot of the bed burying his face in the sheets to muffle his sobs. Prism felt a hoof lightly stroking his tri-colored mane. When he looked up he saw Whirlwind looking at him, her own tears brimming in her eyes.

"Prism please don't cry. You know I hate it when ponies cry."

"*sniff* How can you be so calm right now? After what you just went through how can you sit there and comfort me?"

Whirlwind grabbed a hold of Prism's shoulder and pulled him into a hug. "Because I have some pony special here with me."

Prism returned her hug as his tears faded away. While they sat there, Whirlwind asked the question Prism never expected to hear, yet always wanted to hear.

"Prism, can we get back together?"

Prism smiled as he pulled Whirlwind into a tighter hug. "Of course we can Dubz."

As the two of them sat their in a deep embrace, everything else seemed to fade away. Soon, nothing matter except that the two of them were together.

Author's Note:

YAY. Story #1 is FINALLY done. This took way longer then I was expecting but it's done now. I'll try to get the second story finished during my Spring Break from school this week. Hopefully I get get id done by the end of the week. Hope you enjoyed this little story, feel free to tell me what you think. Constructive criticism is always encouraged.

Comments ( 2 )

Nice little story. Good luck with future stories. You may want to mark this story as complete though.

Login or register to comment