• Published 11th Jan 2015
  • 895 Views, 28 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Equestria Duels Book 1: The Ponyville Tournament - Unknown Tale



When a certain enemy is unleashing a devastating plan, Twilight and Applejack turn to a pony they can trust. But will it be enough?

  • ...
5
 28
 895

Part 8 - The Diamond Rematch

That afternoon, Arrox looked at his Duel Disk, puzzled by the new term he has learned. Pendulum... was the thought that kept echoing in his head. There was no slot for such a monster type on his Duel Disk. Soon, his friend Jhi came by and took a look at his Duel Disk. "Is something wrong Arrox?" she asked.

"I guess," he replied. "I just pulled a new card out from a Star Pack and got an Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon."

"Pendulum?" she repeated. "Let me see."

Arrox handed her the card. She noticed two different text boxes alongside the green fade on the bottom. "Maybe I can show you my friend back in Canterlot."

"Who is that?" Arrox asked.

"His name is Jeremy and he is a Duel Monsters expert. He might help you out on having your Duel Disk support Pendulum." She got out a card. "Here, take this with you. You might need it for good luck."

Arrox looked at the card. Tidal, Dragon Ruler of Waterfalls. "Thanks Jhi, I'll give it back to you when I'm done."

"No, keep it. I already have another copy. Now, if you're going now to meet Jeremy, I recommend you take the Friendship Express to Canterlot. He's usually seen at the Donut Joe's there."

"Friendship Express. Canterlot, Donut Joe's, got it." Arrox put on his Duel Disk and ran off.

"Good luck!" Jhi called.


Meanwhile with the Cutie Mark Crusaders, Apple Bloom was just about done fine tuning her deck. "Maybe if I add Ancient Fairy Dragon I'll have an advantage using a Synchro Monster... I'll take Kuribon out of my deck since all that card does is give my opponent Life Points." She then inserted the deck back into her Duel Disk and walked out of the Clubhouse. Then she noticed Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon down below. "Oh for pete sake... what do you two want now?" Apple Bloom asked annoyed.

"I want a rematch Apple Bloom," Diamond Tiara replied as her eyes glowed a dark red.

"Look, last time you had no chance of winning. What makes you think you can beat me again?"

"Heh, I have a new strategy to take you out. One that'll finally crush that Dueling Spirit of yours." Diamond Tiara gave an evil laugh.

Apple Bloom rolled her eyes and sighed. "Alright, alright, I'll take you on."

"I'm reffing this time," Silver Spoon added.

Apple Bloom and Diamond Tiara soon walked a good distance away from each other and activated their Duel Disks, drawing their starting hands.

"I'm gonna win this time," Diamond Tiara said.

"We'll see about that," Apple Bloom replied.

"LET'S DUEL!" they shouted.

Turn 1: Apple Bloom - 4000 LP | Diamond Tiara - 4000 LP

"I'll go first," Diamond Tiara said, drawing a card. "First I'll summon Don Zaloog in Attack Mode." She placed that card down onto her Duel Disk and Don Zaloog appeared with 1400 Attack Points.

"Don Zaloog, huh? Good thing he can't attack this turn."

"Next I'll play the Continuous Spell, Paralyzing Chain. Anytime you discard cards from your deck to the graveyard, you lose 300 Life Points. I'll place one card face down and end my turn."

"Now it's my turn." Apple Bloom drew a card. "I summon Flame Spirit Ignis!" She placed the card on her Duel Disk revealing Ignis with 1500 Attack Points. "Attack now!" Ignis started its attack.

"I activate my Trap Card! Trap Dustshoot! When my opponent has more than 4 cards in their hand, I select a monster from it and send it to the Graveyard! Let me guess. You have a Sunlight Unicorn in your hand don't you?"

"How!?" Sunlight Unicorn appeared before dropping into the ground through a pile of dust. "Oh well, Ignis is still more powerful than Don!" Ignis then destroyed Don Zaloog, sending Diamond Tiara to 3900 Life Points. "I place one card face down and end my turn."

"100 damage isn't enough to stop me. I summon X-Saber Airbellum." Airbellum appears with 1600 Attack Points. "Airbellum, attack!"

"Not so fast, I activate Magic Cylinder!" Apple Bloom revealed her Trap Card.

"WHAT!?" The attack went through a Cylinder that suddenly appeared and struck Diamond Tiara. "DAMN IT!" she yelled as her Life Points dropped to 2200. "Oh you just crossed the line Apple Bloom. I activate Double Summon to tribute Airbellum for Sillva, Warlord of the Dark World." Airbellum was quickly replaced as Sillva appeared with 2300 Attack Points. "I'll place one card face down. Your turn."

"Alright, my turn!" Apple Bloom drew her next card. "i tribute Ignis in order to summon Cybernetic Magician!" Cybernetic Magician appeared as Ignis disappeared. "Cybernetic Magician, attack!" Cybernetic Magician lunged forward as if to destroy Sillva.

"Reverse card!" Diamond Tiara called out. "Mirror Force!" One of her face downs revealed the card. Cybernetic Magician shattered. The background behind Apple Bloom shattered in her mind. She sighed placing one card face down.

Diamond Tiara laughed under her breath as she drew her next card. To Apple Bloom's luck, it was not a monster. "Sillva, get her." Sillva launched a strong attack onto Apple Bloom, sending her down to 1700 Life Points. The attack, however, knocked her down.

Scootaloo and Diamond Tiara heard her fall and rushed to her aid. "Apple Bloom!" they called.

"I'm fine," Apple Bloom said. "This battle is on now." Apple Bloom drew her next card. "I activate, Monster Reborn to bring back Sunlight Unicorn!" Apple Bloom's signature monster appeared. "I activate her effect! I can take a look at the top card of my deck once per turn. If it's an Equip Spell, I add it to my hand!" She then got out Horn of the Unicorn. "It's an Equip Spell. Horn of the Unicorn!" She equipped it Sunlight Unicorn, increasing her attack from 1800 to 2500. "That's more than enough to destroy Sillva. Attack!" Sunlight Unicorn jumped.

"Reverse card!" Diamond Tiara shouted. "Negate Attack!" Sunlight Unicorn suddenly dropped back down as the Battle Phase was skipped. "I place one card face down, your move."

"With pleasure." Diamond Tiara drew her next card. "I play Black Pendant, to increase Sillva's attack to 2800! Now attack Sunlight Unicorn!" Sillva started to strike.

"Not so fast! I activate my Trap Card, Fairy Wind!" Apple Bloom flipped her face down card.

"Why did you wait to play that card when you were in trouble the whole game!?"

"With this card I destroy all other Spell and Trap cards." Apple Bloom's other face down and Horn of the Unicorn are destroyed as she drops to 1100 Life Points. "Horn of the Unicorn is placed back to the top of my deck whenever it is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard." Diamond Tiara's Black Pendant was destroyed as she drops to 1900 Life Points.

"When Black Pendant is destroyed, you lose 500 Life Points," Diamond said with a grin. Apple Bloom was now down to 600 Life Points. "And now that Sunlight Unicorn is back to 1800, I'll attack." Sillva destroyed Sunlight Unicorn bringing Apple Bloom down to 100 Life Points. "I'll place one more card face down., but you're just going to destroy yourself no matter what move you do."

Apple Bloom drew her next card in hopes of finding a card to turn the duel in her favor. It was her Horn of the Unicorn. She then looked at her hand. She had a Dark Hole, but she looked at Diamond Tiara's face down card. She knew it had to be Magic Jammer. She didn't even have a Nutrient Z to save herself. She sighed. "Alright Diamond, do your worst."

"Oh you bet I will. Now this will only hurt for a second. Sillva, finish her off." Sillva struck Apple Bloom, draining any remaining Life Points she had. Suddenly a white flash came from Apple Bloom's Duel Disk and into Diamond's. They both knew what it was.

"That was a dirty move Diamond!" Scootaloo said to her. "Just you wait! We'll settle things at the tournament. Then, you'll be sorry you took her Sunlight Unicorn!"


Back in Canterlot, Arrox sat down at an empty seat at Donut Joe's. "This was the place Jhi was talking about. I hope she's right about Jeremy," he said out loud.

"Are you talking about me?" asked a dark red pony with yellow hair. "Name's Jeremy. What's up kid?"

Arrox showed his Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon. "I need your help with this card." He then opened up his Deck slot. "Help me fine tune my Father's Deck."

Jeremy smiled. "Follow me. I'll bring you to my home. I've got plenty of Duel Monsters cards to help you out. If you're lucky, I may challenge you to a battle to test it out. What's your name by the way?"

"Name's Arrox. I heard of you from my friend Jhi."

"Little known fact... Jhi was my friend here before she moved to Ponyville. She was very sweet, but she usually isn't able to handle a proper deck combination."

Comments ( 2 )

This caught my eye quite good since MLP/YGO fics are fun.
Will it continue?


Is Spike a duelist too?
What deck does he use?

Login or register to comment