• Published 11th Jan 2015
  • 894 Views, 28 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Equestria Duels Book 1: The Ponyville Tournament - Unknown Tale



When a certain enemy is unleashing a devastating plan, Twilight and Applejack turn to a pony they can trust. But will it be enough?

  • ...
5
 28
 894

Part 7 - The Blue Eyes Cyber Dragon Duel

Rainbow Dash was at the park, looking at her deck. She was still thinking about her defeat against Jhi. I only had one Blue-Eyes White Dragon that I could use that time, she thought. Luckily, I do have two other Blue-Eyes, a Polymerization, and a Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon. Maybe I can use those cards during my next duel with her. She placed the two Blue-Eyes and the Polymerization in her deck along with her Ultimate Dragon in her Extra Deck. Soon, Scootaloo walked over to her. "Hey Rainbow Dash, I need your help."

"What's the problem, Scootaloo?" Rainbow Dash asked as she turned to her.

"I need you to see if my new battle strategy is good to use in duels by having a duel with you." Rainbow Dash was shocked to hear that.

"Alright Scootaloo, but will be doing this differently, with 8000 Life Points to start off." Scootaloo nodded and put on her Duel Disk.

"I won't be going easy on you Rainbow Dash," Scootaloo said.

"Neither will I," Rainbow replied as she put on her Duel Disk. She then put her Main Deck and Extra Deck into their appropriate slots. She walked a few steps away from Scootaloo.

"LET'S DUEL!" they shouted.

Turn 1: Scootaloo - 8000 LP | Rainbow Dash - 8000 LP

"I'll go first," Scootaloo said as she drew a card. "I summon Cyber Phoenix." Cyber Phoenix appeared. "I know how-to use Cyber Phoenix's Effect now. As long as this card stays in attack mode, one of my Machine-Type Monsters cannot be targeted by any Spell/Trap Cards."

"Not bad Scootaloo, but we'll see if you're right. MY TURN," Rainbow Dash said as she drew a card from her Main Deck. "I set a monster in Face Down Defense Position." A card in Defense Mode appeared. "Next I will place one card face down. Your move."

"Alright Rainbow Dash, I summon Proto-Cyber Dragon. I place a card face down and attack your monster." It was the White Stone of Legend. The Defense Points were only 250. The card was then destroyed.

"Whenever that card is sent to the Graveyard, I can bring one Blue-Eyes White Dragon from my Deck to my Hand." She put the card into her hand.

"That won't stop Proto-Cyber Dragon from Attacking Directly!" The Dragon attacked Rainbow Dash sending her to 6900 LP.

"This battle is just getting started Scootaloo. I summon Jain, Lightsworn Paladin in Attack Mode." The card appeared with 1800 Attack Points. "Attack that Prototype Dragon with all you've got Jain!" The Warrior attacked Proto-Cyber Dragon.

"Not so fast, Rainbow Dash! I activate a Trap! Dimensional Prison! When you declare an attack with a monster, I can banish that card from this duel!" Jain suddenly fell into a void. The card was then removed from play.

"Nice strategy Scootaloo. You were able to take out a monster without taking battle damage! But I want to give a warning to you, you may have stopped my Lightsworn, but you can't stop my POLYMERIZATION!" Three Blue-Eyes White Dragons appeared.

"You don't mean--!?"

"Exactly! I use my Blue-Eyes White Dragons as Fusion Materials to Fusion Summon Blue-Eyes ULTIMATE Dragon." The card appeared with 4500 Attack Points. "Think of something fast, or you will lose in my next three turns!"

"I already know what to do. I tribute my Cyber Phoenix for a Cyber Dragon. Next I will use Super Polymerization so I can Fusion Summon Cyber Twin Dragon in DEFENSE mode." Cyber Twin Dragon appeared with 2100 Defense Points. "I place two cards face down. It is your turn."

"Are you going to SPAM defense through the entire match? Don't make me laugh. Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon, attack!" Cyber Twin Dragon was then destroyed. "With no cards to help you you're in big trouble."

"Stop speaking too soon Rainbow. I know you want to win this duel, but that is not gonna happen." Scootaloo drew her next card. "I Special Summon Cyber Dragon by its effect, then I activate Call of the Haunted to bring back another Cyber Dragon."

That move, Rainbow Dash thought, I have seen it being used before.

"I create an Overlay Network to XYZ Summon Cyber Dragon Nova!" Cyber Dragon Nova soared into the air in Attack Mode.

"But that has less Attack Points than my monster!"

"You're right, but check out THIS big surprise! I activate Megamorph and use it on YOUR monster."

"You can use Equip Spells on opposing Monsters!?"

"Its been done before in a duel," Scootaloo explained.

"Very well..." Rainbow said in a depressed way. Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon's Attack Points went down to 2250 since Scootaloo's Life Points were higher than Rainbow Dash's.

"Next I send one Overlay to the Graveyard and Special Summon one Cyber Dragon. Next I will use it to give Cyber Dragon Nova 2100 MORE Attack Points for the rest of the turn!" Cyber Dragon Nova absorbed the Cyber Dragon and went up to 4200. "Now I attack with Cyber Dragon Nova." The two dragons clashed with each other. Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon soon fell. Meagamorph was then destroyed. Rainbow Dash went down to 4950 Life Points.

"That won't stop me since I also have Call of the Haunted ready to use." The card flipped up. "Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon will come alive once more!" Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon went back up from the ground and roared angrily. "Now go, attack Cyber Dragon Nova!" The two dragons then clashed again.

Scootaloo grinned. "Malevolent Catastrophe." The card flipped up.

"I never seen that card before!"

"This card destroys ALL Spells and Traps when you declare an attack with a monster." Soon Call of the Haunted was destroyed. By the card's effect, Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon was also destroyed.

"I guess I'll just place one card face down and end my turn."

"Cyber Dragon Nova Attacks Directly!" Cyber Dragon Nova threw a fireball at Rainbow Dash. She went down to 2850 Life Points. "I place one card face down and end my turn."

Darn Cyber Dragon Nova seems undefeated right now, but I bet if I use Dragon's Rebirth I can bring back Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon and turn the course of this duel around, Rainbow Dash thought cautiously. She sighed drawing her next card. "I Special Summon Vice Dragon with the Attack and Defense stats halved." Vice Dragon came out with 1000 Attack Points instead of 2000. "Next I activate Dragon's Rebirth!"

"Dragon Rebirth!?"

Rainbow Dash nodded. "It allows me to banish one Dragon-Type Monster and allow me to Special Summon one Dragon-Type Monster from my Graveyard." Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon appeared again as Vice Dragon vanished. "Now I'll show you its true power. My Ultimate Dragon attacks your Cyber Dragon Nova." As Cyber Dragon Nova got obliterated, Scootaloo lost 2400 Life Points and had 5600 remaining.

Scootaloo then said, "You got me Rainbow Dash. I give up."

"Why is that Scootaloo?" Rainbow Dash asked confused.

"I wanted to see if my new strategy was effective or not. I think it would be nice if I battled more players and see if my strategy can be tuned up a bit," Scootaloo replied.

Rainbow Dash then got a splendid idea. "That's it! I can host a tournament so that everypony can try to be the best duelist in Ponyville, and you can battle more players and try your strategy again!"

Scootaloo smiled with joy and said, "This is my chance!"

A shadowy figure watched from behind the scenes. It turned away and thought, Scootaloo, a worthy opponent for my ultimate plan. I'll make sure I get that Cyber Dragon Nova. He then got out his Red Eyes Black Dragon and snickered.


Arrox walked out of Ponyville's Card Shop with a new Booster Pack in one hoof. "What could I pull this time?" He sat down on a bench and opened the pack up. He acquired Wall of Destruction, Odd-Eyes Dragon, and...

"What the hay is this!?" The rare card that he just acquired lit up and flew a few feet away from him. The card then lied down face-up on the ground as a dragon materialized on top of it. Arrox gazed at the beautiful dragon he pulled from the Booster Pack.

"Greetings, fellow duelist," it said to Arrox. "I am Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon."

"Odd-Eyes, Pendulum Dragon...?" he repeated.

"I am not a normal monster in your game like a Fusion, a Synchro, or even an XYZ. I am a PENDULUM MONSTER. I act like a spell and a monster at the same time." A blue and a red gem appeared to the sides of him, both with the number four embroidered on them. "A Pendulum Monster has the ability to summon cards between the level range of the blue and red gems. I can start and end at Level 4."

"Say no more," Arrox said. "I'm surprised to actually see such a thing."

"You act like you never seen a Pendulum Monster before..." the dragon said to itself.

"Well, yeah, you're the first to be seen here in Ponyville. We never knew such a mechanic in Duel Monsters existed."

"Use my abilities wisely. They may be proven useful in the future." The dragon turned into white light and went inside the card.

Arrox went over to the card and picked it up. "Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon..."

Author's Note:

Sorry for the long wait, I had a lot of stuff going on that I couldn't get to making Part 7. Now I have the chance to show this Part. Please do check for any mistakes.