• Published 11th Jan 2015
  • 895 Views, 28 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Equestria Duels Book 1: The Ponyville Tournament - Unknown Tale



When a certain enemy is unleashing a devastating plan, Twilight and Applejack turn to a pony they can trust. But will it be enough?

  • ...
5
 28
 895

Part 2 - Spellcaster Twilight and a Silver Duel

Arrox walked around Ponyville, asking about Twilight Sparkle. The info gathered was that she saved Equestria countless times, is a princess, and lives in a library. Arrox looked around until he saw a sign in Ponyville saying Golden Oak Library. He knocked on the door. The first thing he heard was, "I'll get it!" before the door swung open and a purple dragon was seen before him. "Hey, what's up?" he asked nicely.

"I'm looking for a mare named Twilight Sparkle," he replied.

"Wait here, I'll go get her." The dragon left the door open as he called Twilight to the doorway. Twilight walked over to Arrox and stopped at the sight of him.

"Um... hi?" Arrox said politely.

"H-hello," Twilight replied nervously. I never seen a pony like this before. He looks different from all the other ponies in Canterlot and Ponyville, she thought.

Arrox knew what was going on. "I know," he said. "I'm different from all the other ponies you met. I gotta say Ponyville is not a bad place... for dueling that is..."

"Dueling?" she repeated like she NEVER knew the word.

"I was playing Duel Monsters with a young Pegasus at the school. He asked me to come over to you to get help on tuning my deck up a bit." Twilight was still confused until she figured out what he was talking about.

"Oh! Duel Monsters! Like as in the Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game?"

"Yes!"

"I actually have a Spellcaster deck. But I believe you can make a combination of cards just by using one or two monster types."

"Twily, really?" said the dragon.

"Well I have an imbalanced deck I won with. Dragon, Machine, and Warrior," Arrox said.

"Oh my... what type of deck were you aiming for...?" Twilight asked.

"I was going for an Everfree, Ponyville deck, but they ran out of booster packs for the new set so I had to use my father's old deck."

"Let me see if I have any of that new set." Twilight ran upstairs to get it. There was a whole booster box of the new one. CELESTIC REBIRTH. She brought it over to Arrox. "Here, take it!"

"Oh thank you SO much Twilight!" Arrox replied taking the booster box. "Mind if I open the first pack?"

"Not at all!"

"Okay, here goes nothing..." he opened the first pack of five cards. He got Fluttershy (Level 4), Retaliate!, Changeling Swarm, Manticore (Level 6), and Dark Mage - Trixie (Level 6) (ULTRA Rare). "No Way! Something close to Dark Magician!"

"A Spellcaster Unicorn? That's really amazing!" Twilight said stunned at the card. Arrox let out a tiny Squee! as he adds the cards to a Deck Box.

"It's Perfect! Thanks Twilight!" Arrox picked up the box.

"Do come again."

"He probably will in a few days..." the dragon said in a fourth wall kind of tone.

Arrox walked over to a bench at the park to open another pack. This time he got Mega Fusion, Gonna Love It!, Chaos Capital, Red Dragon (Level 6), and Twilight Sparkle (Level 12 Fusion) (Ultimate Rare). Arrox felt great irony wash onto him and then joy on what he pulled. He quickly added those cards to his deck and was then approached by Silver Spoon. "Hey Arrox, for a blank flank I did not know you were so good at Duel Monsters. I think I owe you one."

"I memorized the rule book thanks to my dad's habit of playing Duel Monsters. It was until he went off the grid."

"He disappeared!?"

"Yeah. Last I heard, he was in Everfree trying to defend himself. He gave me his old deck as a parting gift so I could still remember him if he ever disappeared off the face of Equestria."

Silver Spoon felt bad for him. "Sorry for your loss... Hey! To make it up to you, maybe we can play some Duel Monsters!"

"What!? Right here right now!?"

"Sure!" She got her duel disk ready. Arrox quickly put his on and activated it.

"You ready?"

"I sure am!"

"LET'S DUEL!" the two said.



Meanwhile at Sweet Apple Acres, Applejack was building up her Duel Monsters deck after hearing about her young sister's victory against Diamond Tiara. When she heard Arrox and Silver Spoon shout out "LET'S DUEL!" in the distance, she quickly grabbed the cards and ran to see what was going down in Ponyville. There could be somepony in trouble...



Turn 1: Arrox - 4000 Life Points | Silver Spoon - 4000 Life Points

"Draw!" Arrox said drawing a card. "I set a monster facedown and two cards as well. Your turn."

Silver Spoon drew a card. "I summon Elemental Hero Avian and attack your monster."

"REVERSE CARD! BATTLE BREAK!" Silver Spoon showed Burstinatrix to negate the effect. Clayman appeared, causing Silver Spoon to lose 1000 Life Points.

Arrox drew a card, tribute summoned a monster facedown, and put another card facedown. "I sometimes wonder why my turns go by so fast."

"I agree. Alright, my turn!" Silver Spoon played Elemental Hero Burstinatrix and then played Polymerization. "I fusion summon FLAME WINGMAN!" The card had 2100 Attack Points and was Level 6. "Now attack!" Flame Wingman attacks the facedown. It was Satellite Cannon again! Knowing the effect, she didn't act surprised and ended her turn.

"I summon Raging Flame Sprite and activate Super Polymerization! I fusion summon Blaze Fenix, the Burning Bombardment Bird!" Blaze Fenix appeared. "I activate the equip card Junk Barrage!" He equips it to Blaze Fenix. "Whenever I destroy a monster, I deal damage equal to half the original card's Attack Points!" He points at Flame Wingman and Blaze Fenix destroys it, causing Silver Spoon to drop down to 2300 Life Points. "Junk Barrage activates!" Silver Spoon lost 1050 Life Points as the turn ends.

She then drew another card. Dang, he is who they say he is. He hasn't even taken any damage yet! she thought as she played Sparkman. She then played Lightning Blade to increase the attack points to 2400. She then placed a card face down.

Arrox got himself ready for his next turn, feeling really calm. He pointed at Sparkman. "Blaze Fenix, attack!" Blaze Fenix destroyed Sparkman. Silver Spoon went down to 850 Life Points and then 50 by Junk Barrage's Effect.

"Wow," said Silver Spoon. "You're good Arrox. So good that I surrender." She set her Life Points to 0. Arrox was surprised but blushed after hearing her compliment. The Cutie Mark Crusaders ran to him congratulating him, brohoofing, and giving hoof shakes to him.

Then Applejack appeared. "What in tarnation happened here?"

"It was another duel from Arrox," Applebloom replied.

"Yeah, Arrox was untouchable that round," Scootaloo added.

"He must be playing with a champion's deck," Sweetie Belle added.

"If that wasn't obvious enough Sweetie Belle..." Scootaloo said softly.

"Alright girls. I think you three might be Crusadin' again. What're you three up to this time?" Applejack asked.

"Cutie Mark Crusader Duelists!" Scootaloo shouted out.

"Someday, you three will be pros at this game," Arrox said happily.

Author's Note:

I thank Edanite Phoenix for finding some errors in the first two chapters. Now when a duel goes on, if we are in the middle of a duel or starting one, the Life Points will appear.