• Published 11th Jan 2015
  • 894 Views, 28 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Equestria Duels Book 1: The Ponyville Tournament - Unknown Tale



When a certain enemy is unleashing a devastating plan, Twilight and Applejack turn to a pony they can trust. But will it be enough?

  • ...
5
 28
 894

Part 6 - The Card Snatcher

Arrox looked around Ponyville a bit more. Some of the ponies were looking at him. Some smiled and others just stared. They all knew what he could do in Duel Monsters after his past three duels. One pony in the crowd was watching him and smiled evily. He disappeared from the crowd as Arrox left their view. "Boss, it's time," he said into a headset.

"Don't fail this one," the boss said back.

Arrox then sat for a moment thinking about all the odd things that have happened yesterday. The pony took the chance and carefully took a card from his Deck Box, his Blaze Fenix Fusion card. He then found the time to run. Arrox's ears twitched and he turned his head. "Hey you!"

The pony stopped and turned to him, not even speaking.

"What're you up to?"

The pony laughed and revealed himself out of the shadows. "Are you after this?" He revealed the stolen card. Arrox gasped.

This must be the problem Aaron was talking about! he thought. "Give that back!"

"A card this rare? Not a chance!"

"Fine then!" Arrox put on his duel disk. "I'll just have to fight for it instead!"

"Oh how sweet! Stealing two for the price of one! Very well, but if I win I'm stealing another card from you." The pony put on his duel disk.

"Alright, bring it on!"

"I know I'll be able to beat you or my name isn't Agito."

"LET'S DUEL!" they shouted. A crowd of ponies surrounded them to see what was going on.

Turn 1: Arrox - 4000 Life Points | Agito - 4000 Life Points

Arrox drew a card. "I summon Baby Dragon!" Baby Dragon appeared. "Next I place one card facedown, your turn!"

Agito went next. "I set one monster facedown and one card facedown. Your turn."

"This is getting way too easy," Arrox taunted. "I summon Jutte Fighter!" He looked in his Extra Deck. "It's time... I tune Baby Dragon with Jutte Fighter! A level 3 and a level 2 equals a level 5, so I Synchro Summon, Ally of Justice Catastor!" It had 2200 ATK. "I now attack with it!"

"Reverse Card! Waboku!"

"Darn... I guess I'll end my turn..."

"Good! I tribute my facedown monster and summon Roc from the Valley of Haze!"

"Not so fast! I activate Intercept!" Roc appeared on Arrox's side of the field.

"Nevermind! I'll just use Dark Hole!" Roc and Catastor were destroyed. "Turn end!"

"I take back my taunt... I summon Elemental Hero Sparkman!" Sparkman then appeared. "Now, attack!" Sparkman attacked Agito, sending him down to 2400 Life Points. "I place one card facedown. Your turn!"

"I'm not giving up!" Agito said drawing another card. "I summon Crystal Beast Topaz Tiger!" A tiger appeared ready to battle. It had 1600 Attack Points. "I now play Megamorph!" The tiger's Attack doubled to 3200. "Now attack!" Topaz Tiger attacked Sparkman. It gained a boost of 400 Attack before destroying Sparkman. Arrox went down to 2000 Life Points as the Tiger's attack went down to 800.

"M-my turn..." He drew his next card and smiled. "I activate Double Summon!" He showed Gale Lizard and Clayman before summoning them onto the field. "Now I'll create an overlay network!" Gale Lizard and Clayman were then stacked on top of each other. "I XYZ summon Kachi Kochi Dragon in Attack Mode!" The card had 2100 Attack Points. "Kachi Kochi Dragon attacks Crystal Beast Topaz Tiger!" Kachi Kochi Dragon threw a fire ball at Topaz Tiger destroying Megamorph. Agito went down to 1100. "I activate Kachi Kochi Dragon's effect! By removing one XYZ material I can attack again!" Gale Lizard was sent to the graveyard. "Now, let's finish this!" Kachi Kochi Dragon attacked directly. Agito fell over and was knocked out as his Life Points drained to 0.

Arrox got his Blaze Fenix card back. The ponies in the crowd clapped their hooves and cheered for him. The Cutie Mark Crusaders ran to him.

"Arrox are you okay?" asked Applebloom.

"What happened?" asked Scootaloo.

"Why so serious?" asked Sweetie Belle.

"That pony I was dueling was trying to steal my Blaze Fenix card for a machine he was using," Arrox explained. "It seems as though the machine might be a realistic version of Satellite Cannon, or something along those lines... Anyways, the cards gathered would probably be used to power it and create a devastating blast that could level an entire city. If I lost, I could've lost Ponyville at the same time." The entire crowd gasped and got scared real fast.

"This is getting dangerous," one pony said.

"I agree," replied another.

Agito woke up. "Only problem is, I'm not the main enemy here!"

"Then who is?" Arrox asked him.

"I'll never tell! You'll never make me spit out that info!" He then got up. "You may have stopped me this time, but there will be a time where you'll lose!" Agito ran off.

The ponies in the crowd cheered again for Arrox. "As long as that enemy doesn't attack me, Ponyville will be safe from his attacks," he said. The Cutie Mark Crusaders nodded in agreement.

Twilight Sparkle and Applejack saw the entire duel from the crowd. "Gee, do you think that we should trust him?" Applejack asked Twilight Sparkle.

"I bet we can. He did say something about a bad cataclysm happening," she replied.

"You got a point there Twilight."

"Thanks Applejack."

Arrox noticed Twilight and Applejack. He walked over to them. "If a threat to Equestria is going down, I'll allow you to help." He winked at them.

"Thanks Arrox," the two replied.

Author's Note:

Any mistakes? Let me know! It's always nice to hear what you found as a mistake!
The stakes just increased a bit more. By the time we get into the main event there will be extremely high stakes!