• Published 11th Jan 2015
  • 895 Views, 28 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Equestria Duels Book 1: The Ponyville Tournament - Unknown Tale



When a certain enemy is unleashing a devastating plan, Twilight and Applejack turn to a pony they can trust. But will it be enough?

  • ...
5
 28
 895

Part 4 - Cutie Mark Crusader Tag Duel

Turn 1: Arrox and Scootaloo - 8000 Life Points | Applebloom and Sweetie Belle - 8000 Life Points

Arrox started the duel by placing one monster and one card facedown. "Your move."

Applebloom then drew a card. "From mah hand, ah summon Sunlight Unicorn and equip Horn of the Unicorn to it, boostin' it to 2500."

"REVERSE CARD! Raigeki Break! I discard Big Core from my hand to the graveyard and destroy your Horn of the Unicorn!" Arrox countered.

"Everytime Horn of the Unicorn is destroyed and sent to the graveyard, I add it to the top of mah deck." She put the card back into her deck. Without thinking of using Sunlight Unicorn's effect, she attacked Arrox's facedown card. It was Elemental Hero Clayman. Applebloom then lost 200 Life Points. Scootaloo's turn went by fast. She set 1 monster and 2 cards facedown.

Sweetie Belle then went. She tributed Sunlight Unicorn. "I summon Elegy, the Melodious Diva. All Fairy Types I control now gain 300 attack." Elegy then attacked Scootaloo's facedown monster.

"Trapped! I activate Waboku!" Scootaloo replied.

"That card... it allows us to not take battle damage or have our creatures destroyed for the rest of the turn!" Arrox said.

"I place one card facedown. Your turn Arrox," Sweetie Belle said.

"I set one monster and one card facedown. Your turn Applebloom!"

Applebloom drew Horn of the Unicorn. "Ah summon Tsukuyomi. Since me and Sweetie Belle share the same field, and you two as well share one, ah attack the facedown with Tsukuyomi." Elemental Hero Avian was destroyed. "Elegy then attacks Clayman."

"REVERSE CARD! Battle Break!" Arrox replied. Elegy was then destroyed and the Battle Phase ends.

"Ah activate Dark Hole!" Applebloom said, revealing her spell card. All the monster cards were cleared off the field. "Your turn Scootaloo!"

Scootaloo then drew a card. "I Special Summon Cyber Dragon and Normal Summon Proto-Cyber Dragon. I activate Super Polymerization!" He then took the Cyber Dragon and Proto-Cyber Dragon off the field. "I fusion summon Cyber Twin Dragon!" Cyber Twin Dragon then appeared. "Now I attack with Cyber Twin Dragon!" Applebloom and Sweetie Belle went down from 7800 to 5000. "I attack again by the card's effect!"

"Reverse Card! Dimensional Prison!" Sweetie Belle quickly said, banishing Cyber Twin Dragon.

"Your move Sweetie Belle!"

Sweetie Belle drew a card. "I summon Soprano, the Melodious Songstress!" The card had 1400 attack. "I activate the Spell card Megamorph!" The attack doubled to 2800. "Now attack!" Soprano attacked Scootaloo and Arrox sending their Life Points down to 5200. "Turn end!"

Okay, Arrox... there are two monsters in your hand. Can you hold off for two turns? said a voice in Arrox's head. Montage Dragon will be there to save you. Arrox drew a card and ended his turn. One more left.

Who the hay are you? he said back to the voice.

I'd rather not tell you now. Focus on the duel.

"Soprano, attack!" Soprano charged.

"Reverse card!" Scootaloo said. "Call of the Haunted. Cyber Dragon come back!" Cyber Dragon shielded Scootaloo, but was destroyed by Soprano. Arrox and Scootaloo went down to 4500 Life Points. Soprano powered down to 700 Attack.

"Ah end mah turn."

Scootaloo summoned Cyber Phoenix. It had 1200 attack, just enough to destroy Soprano. "I attack with Cyber Phoenix!" Soprano was then destroyed. Applebloom and Sweetie Belle had 4500. Megamorph was destroyed.

It was then Sweetie Belle's turn. "Aria, the Melodious Diva, appear before us and dazzle the crowd!" The card had 1600 Attack. The Card attacked and destroyed Cyber Phoenix. Arrox and Scootaloo had 4100 Life Points left.

"Black Luster Soldier is coming! Be ready!" Applebloom taunted.

"Arrox, do something fast or we'll lose!" Scootaloo said to Arrox.

Arrox sighed. He drew his card hoping for something good. He drew Montage Dragon. "I send Roc from the Valley of Haze, The Supremacy Sun, and Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning to the graveyard... and Special Summon MONTAGE DRAGON!" It came onto the field with 0 attack to start. "I activate his effect! The combined level total of the three cards I sent to the Graveyard, which is 24, I multiply it by 300 to get its Attack Power until it is destroyed. That's 7200 Attack Points!"

"7200!? Impossible!!" Applebloom and Sweetie Belle said together.

"Montage Dragon pulverizes Aria." Montage Dragon blew Aria up with a fireball. The shockwave sent Applebloom and Sweetie Belle into the air and back a few feet as their Life Points reached 0. "The curtain then falls. Great game, everypony!"

Sweetie Belle and Applebloom walked over to them and congratulated them. "I never seen such an amazing card!" Sweetie Belle said.

"It is a good game changing card," Arrox replied. Then he thought, Whoever you are, thank you for helping me win this battle.

Applejack and Rainbow Dash then appeared. "So, you're Arrox, the pony everyone's talking about?"

"Yes Rainbow Dash."

"You'd make a pretty good opponent for when we play Duel Monsters."

"It'd be an honor to play you."

"Same here! I bet it be really awesome!" Rainbow Dash smiled.

Jhi then walked over to them. "I'm glad to see you're all okay."

"Yeah, Arrox set out a pretty powerful monster," Applebloom replied.

"It was a Montage Dragon," Arrox added.

"It had like 7200 Attack Points!" Sweetie Belle added.

"Plus it was really awesome!" Scootaloo finished.

"Could it be that you're a pro duelist?" Jhi asked Arrox.

"No, I'm still a beginner," he replied.

"What!? Then... how did you play such an awesome card!?"

"I just put my Heart into the cards."

Jhi said nothing, but shyly blushed at him. "Arrox...?"

"Yeah Jhi?"

"Is it possible you are the son of a pro duelist...?"

"It is."

"Wow... Let's meet tomorrow... We can duel for fun okay...?"

"Sounds fine by me."

"Hey Arrox, where exactly do you plan to stay at while you're here in Ponyville?" Rainbow Dash asked out of curiosity.

"I'll see if there is a hotel nearby and I might stay there," he replied.

Rainbow Dash facehoofed. "Last thing I wanted you to say..."

Author's Note:

Any mistakes? Let me know!