• Published 6th Jan 2015
  • 2,626 Views, 62 Comments

Becoming a Pony - KatPocketMonster



"Mama? I wanna be a Pony when I grow up!"

  • ...
6
 62
 2,626

I'm Sorry Mama

After saying their goodbyes to their friends; Tabitha, Fluttershy and Angel Bunny make a start to their way home. Watching as Tabitha runs ahead to chase a waking firefly, Fluttershy keeps an eye on her as well she the surroundings in case somepony were to come by and hear Tabby's excited yips and growls.

"Oh, be careful now Tabby, I don't want you to go and hurt yourself OK?" Worried for her, Fluttershy gallops faster to catch up. Leaving the eye-rolling bunny behind to silently follow.

Coming up over a hill, Fluttershy spots Tabitha hanging on the small bridge reaching out to the firefly hovering over the river. Gasping in shock, Fluttershy sprints over to grab Tabitha, only to watch her fall into the river.

"Wee~!" Plop, splash!

"TABITHA! N-no!" Scared for her daughters well being, Fluttershy quickly dives into the water to save her. Only to resurface and find Tabby giggling away, floating on the waters surface pointing at the drenched pony.

"Hehe, nice mane mama!"

"Tabitha! Don't you ever d-do that again, OK!?" Fluttershy yelled back, with silent tears running down her face, mixing with the water on her face. "I don't know what I-I would've done i-if something h-happened to you!"

Cringing from her mama's sudden outburst, Tabitha frowns at the memory of when her real mama yelled at her. Misunderstanding the difference between those two yells, Tabby swims to shore and turns back to the, now calming down, pony "I-I'm sorry mama, I won't bother or hurt you a-again!" Closing her eyes at the now re-opened crack in her heart, Tabitha runs off towards 'Sweet Apple Acres'.

"T-Tabitha? N-no I'm not angry at you sweetie! Don't go, p-please don't leave!" Shaking the excess water off her coat, fluttershy makes a mad dash towards Applejacks home. "Ohhh I hope she doesn't run into Applebloom, Big Mac and Granny Smith! They could really hurt her or tell everypony else!" Shaking the thoughts out of her head, Fluttershy continues on her way, in hope of finding either Tabitha of Applejack.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that afternoon, Applejack finishes off her chores. Packing away the picked apples, she makes her way towards the barn, carting her now empty cart behind her. Everything was going all good for Applejack; a peaceful picnic with her best friends, making a new friend and having a successful apple pickings afterwards. Everything was just dandy, until...

"AHH! What the flamin' heck!? Big Mac, come git this flea bittin' Timber Wolf!"

Gasping at Granny Smiths scream and her mentioning a Timber Wolf, Applejack quickly ran towards her Granny. Skidding to a complete stop, Applejack sees Granny glaring into one of the hay filled stables.

"G-Granny! Are ya alright? Where's this Timber Wolf you're talkin about!?"

"Right in there Applejack! Oh good, Big Mac you're here, and you got the lantern ! Quick light them there hay bales!" Shoving Big Mac towards the stable and cowering Timber Wolf.

"Uh but Granny what about the bar-"

"Never mind the darn barn, just git rid of that Timber Wolf!"

"Granny no please! That there Timber Wolf, s-she uh, I mean it wouldn't do anything! Its only a young pup." Swallowing nervously, Applejack silently prays that nothing horrible will happen.

BANG!

"T-Tabitha! Sweetie are you here? Please come back, mama's sorry!"

Hearing the barn doors slam open, the apple family turn to see a hysterical and stricken Fluttershy panting away before she focuses onto the family. Eyes widening seeing Big Mac holding a lit lantern towards a hay filled stable and cowering Timber Wolf.

"NO!" Running over, Fluttershy jumps into the stables, picking up the frightened pup by the neck and flinging her out the small window.

From the shock of seeing Fluttershy and in surprise of it all, Big Mac accidentally drops the lantern from his mouth, lighting the hay on fire in the stables and also where Fluttershy is now standing. Where she was now trapped with no safe way out.

"FLUTTERSHY!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cough, cough

Looking around frantically, Fluttershy finds no escape from the growing blaze. Sucking in what little air is left in the small stable, Fluttershy makes a leap over the blaze.

"I'm so sorry Tabitha, I should never have yelled at you..."

Closing her eyes as she jumped, all she felt was the scorching heat and then intense pain afterwards as she fell to the ground at the apples hooves. With the pain and lack of air, it was to much for her as she quickly fell into unconsciousness.

"Oh no! Fluttershy! Quick, Big Mac put that fire out and Granny, go get Doctor Horse! Now!" Applejack yelled as she picked up the burnt pony and took her outside away from the fire.

Placing her down onto the grass, AJ went to check for any visible wounds, only to find some chard feathers, mane, tail and small burn blisters on her body. "Come on sugarcube, you needs ta wake up, help is on it way."

"M-mama....?"

Turning her head towards where the yipping came from, Applejack sees a shaking Timber Wolf come around the barn and rush over to them, hugging Fluttershy. "Don't you worry lil Tabby, your mama is a touch cookie, she'll pull through, ah promise."

Hugging her unconscious mother tightly, the pup starts to wail and cry. "I-I'm so sorry mama, I-I'm a-always doing something wrong!"

Author's Note:

Sooooo sorry for the long wait! Hit my first writers block. I really hope you like this chapter, I know it's not really my best.... :unsuresweetie:

As always, please let me know of any mistakes that needs fitting! :twilightsmile:
Thank you for your patients everypony~

EDITED: 1/05/2021

Comments ( 12 )

i forgive you and i like this chapter, Kat PocketMonster please don't have us wait a long time for the next chapter for this story

5984179
Glad you like, I'll try my best not to keep you and others waiting :twilightsmile:

I liked this chapter, it was worth the wait.

so adorable!:heart:

that chapter is okay, only a bit weird because i don´t remember much from the story, i would have to read it again i guess.

Please update soon.

Pls we must request more its not often i see a timberwolf fic with them on the good side of things

new chapter please

do you still continue? it's sad to see those kind of stories die and usually only the generic stuff stays.

8714874
Sadly. It's a pretty common thing for people to write great stories only to abandon them for whatever reason. :fluttercry:

Aw shit, this is it I guess... I really wish you'd continue this one :fluttercry:

Login or register to comment