• Published 6th Jan 2015
  • 2,626 Views, 62 Comments

Becoming a Pony - KatPocketMonster



"Mama? I wanna be a Pony when I grow up!"

  • ...
6
 62
 2,626

My Aunties!

"Um mama? Why do I have to wear this.....thing?" Tabby asked as she awkwardly shuffles around in the over sized costume. Flicking her head up as one of the large blue bunny ears flopped over in front of her eyes.

"Oh it's so I can take you to see my friends that's all and um, other ponies don't take to uh, kindly to your species." Fluttershy replied as she zips up the costume and covers Tabby's eyes with the goggles.

"Oh OK mama, but where did you get this? It's so very itchy." She scratched at her covered ears which brings the floppy ear back down into her face, "grrrr!"

Giggling at her frustrated daughter she quickly gallops off and returns with a small pin for the stubborn ear. "Oh, I had to wear this to help get to one of my friends when she got, uh I mean, when she left for a little while."

"What are their names mama?" She sits down in the costume as she looks up at Fluttershy smiling.

"I have five very good friends. There's Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Princess Twilight Sparkle, Rarity and.......Applejack" Suddenly getting nervous at the end, remembering how much the Apple family hates Timberwolves. I hope she'll understand.

"There's a Princess!?" Tabby yelled in astonishment at knowing her new mama is friends with such a pony.

"Shh quiet down please Tabby!" Quickly looking around to make sure nopony has heard before turning back to the pup. "She doesn't really like to be called Princess, so just call her Twilight OK?"

"OK mama! Can we go now?"

"Yes lets go, but stay close to me and don't talk, remember not everypony can understand you."

Nudging her pup outside of the door as she locks up and makes her way to their to where her friends are waiting at their weekly pet play.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~(─‿‿─)~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Coming up over the hill, Fluttershy spots her friends and their pets playing and lazying about under the large tree. Swallowing nervously, Fluttershy slows down and glances down at the disguised pup underneath her, trying to keep up with Fluttershy's long strides. Smiling down at Tabby's clumsy attempts at keeping up with her.

"GAAAASSSSSSPPPPP! Is that what I think that is!?"

Hearing the loud gasp, Fluttershy squeaked and fell to the ground covering herself with her mane and tail.

"Argh mama! Y-you're squishing me!" yelled Tabby as she squeezed out from underneath Fluttershy.

Thanking Celestia that her friends couldn't understand what Tabby had said but froze at the grows and yips that took it's place. Standing up and making sure her pup is OK, Fluttershy slowly looked over at her curious and surprised friends. "Um hello everypony...."

"Fluttershy! You never told us you had a cute iddy biddy foal! OHEMGEE! She's sooooo tiny! Whats her name!? Whose the daddy!?" Pinkie bounded over as the bombarded Fluttershy with the questions as she pulled her 'foal' into a bone (or swig) crushing hug.

"Oh well you see, she's not exactly my 'foal' but..."

"OWIES! S-she, bit me?" Looking down at her hoof to see an angry 'foal' biting down onto her.

"Tabitha! Bad girl, you don't go biting your friends like that." Fluttershy scolded as she detached Tabby from Pinkie Pie and plopped her down in front over her.

"I-I'm sorry mama..."

"Say Fluttershy, did she just, growl? And you understand her?" Rarity questioned as she and the others looked down at Tabby in confusion.

Looking up at the odd looks her friends are showing, Fluttershy looked down at her saddened daughter. Sighing at what she's about to tell her friends she gently nuzzles Tabby to show her that she has forgiven her before looking up at her friends again. "Um, you have to promise me, and Tabitha, that you'll keep this a secret OK? Um, Pinkie Promise?"

The five friends looked at each other before turning back to Fluttershy and started doing the motions of the 'Pinkie Promise'.

"OK now Fluttershy, what's this big ol' secret ya don't want anypony ta know about?" Asked Applejack as she looked at Fluttershy with a raised eye brow.

"OK, well you um see, it happened just last night when...."

After fully explaining what happened to her friends, she looks down at the now sleeping Timberwolf at her hooves and patiently waits for the reactions that she knows she's about to get.

"YOU ADOPTED AH WHAT!?" Yelled the now furious Applejack as she stepped forward, waking up the Timberwolf as she looks down at her with a disgusted face. "You damn well know what these thing do! They aren't ta be trusted!"

Quickly going over to Applejack, Rarity and Rainbow Dash hold her back in case she becomes violent. "Now now Applejack! This Timberwolf is just a pup, she wont be doing anything like that!" Rarity reasoned as she tries to calm her down.

"Yeah AJ, you know what Fluttershy is like with critters and stuff, plus she'll make sure Tabby here wont be causing any problems." Rainbow Dash said as she keeps a hold of Applejacks shoulders.

"Say Fluttershy?" Twilight asked as she hugs the frightened pony and Timberwolf. "You wont happen to let me, well, do some small tests on her?" Twilight awkwardly asked.

"NO! Nopony is going to touch or hurt my daughter!" Fluttershy pushed away from Twilight as she hugged Tabby to her chest. "I thought I can count on you all to understand? Tabby isn't like the others!"

All five of Fluttershy's friends stood in shock at her sudden and rare outburst. After a few silent minutes, Pinkie Pie was the first to step forward towards the two and smiles at them.

"You can count on me! Your Auntie Pinkie Pie will look after you!" Pinkie Pie grinned as she looked down at Tabby.

Tilting her head and looking up at her mama and asks, "mama, are they my Aunties now?"

"Umm," looking at the now calmed down friends she asks, "i-if you're OK with my decision, will you be Tabby's Aunties?"

"Why darling, of course I'll be little Tabitha's Auntie."

"Yeah sure thing, Aunties are pretty cool, I guess."

"I'm sorry about what I said you two, but I'll happily be her Auntie"

"You already know my answer silly!"

The five ponies and one Timberwolf looked over at the quiet Apple Farmer as she looked at the ground. Lifting her head up, Applejack looks over at Fluttershy with an apologetic look, "ahm sorry sugar cube, ah shouldn't have said what ah said, but If you're OK with it, ah'll be her Auntie also."

Smiling at her friends, she races over and gives them a hug, quickly joined by Tabby as she hugs her hind leg happily. "Thank you everypony, this means a lot to us. I just hope we can keep her a secret from everypony else...."

Author's Note:

As you probably already guessed, the outfit Tabitha is wearing is the Dangerous Mission Outfit from the Episode Magic Duel
As always, please let me know any grammar and spelling mistakes so I can fix it, thanx!

EDITED: 1/05/2021