• Published 19th Dec 2014
  • 934 Views, 3 Comments

A Reined in Mannequin - Ponyess



A Manequine had just been delivered. For some reason of which I had never been told, the mare wears a black rein. It looked like leather at first, but the rubber was holding a curse in. This is certain to affect me and my business, but how?

  • ...
5
 3
 934

By the Pink and the Purple: 3

Author's Note:

Pinkie Pie's POV

I had followed Rarity’s advice, for once, but on this occasion she had made sense to me. I wanted to have the item and Rarity could only craft the garment to the effect, but not apply the incantation to give me the effect I had in mind.

Rarity had been true to her word and produced the rein, even to the effect of making more than one for me. I had seen her making them. I guess it can be more joy to see others work than meets the eye.

After quietly sitting by the side, while helping her pick up items and pointing out the desired colours, I had happily paid her quite handsomely for her work and the effort. I could do nothing less, even considering her as a friend and the element of generosity. For one, the element was not an impediment, but actually did pay her.

“Thank you Rarity. I am quite certain Twilight Sparkle can perform her part, you know how she does come through when it is important!” I had pointed out as I went out.

“You are quite welcome Pinkie Pie. Yes, dear, I do know!” she responded as she saw me go, leaving towards the Castle.


The stretch from the Carousel Boutique to the Royal castle is not all that much, not to me at least. I had bounced there merrily humming one of my party tunes excitedly all the while.

As I reached the door, I had knocked insistently, only to hear steps approaching the door. Spike had been there, just as I guess I had been expecting.

“Hiya, Pinkie Pie. Welcome in!” he greeted me.

“Hiya, Spike. And thank you!” I responded as I followed him into the castle, while he carefully closed the door behind me.

“Is Twilight in?” I inquired as he led me into the castle, before Spike could have said anything.

“Yes, Twilight Sparkle is in. I think she will be quite happy to see you, today!” spike responded with a light chuckle.


I had followed Spike through the castle, from the door and all the way into the inner sanctum the research library is representing. It is in the basement, hidden from casual view, and highly inaccessible to anyone who doesn’t know where it is, and doesn’t know the princess well enough in the first place.

Naturally, I had carried all the reins Rarity had made for me in my saddle bags. Out of sight and out of mind. Easily accessible, when I needed them in the open.


“Twilight, Pinkie Pie is here to see you in an urgent business of hers!” Spike prompted as he saw Twilight in the middle of the study, facing the reading pulpit with a heavy tome open.

“Thank you, Spike. You can return to your regular duties, I know she can find her way by herself!” Twilight responded.

“Okay, Twilight!” he responded and turned to walk out, heading towards his duties elsewhere.

“Hiya, Pinkie Pie!” Twilight then pronounced from the middle of her studies.

“Hiya, Twilight. I have a special request to ask of you, you see I need these to be enchanted and you are the only Pony who can perform the enchantment for me!” I pointed out, on the point and directly.

“Just an enchantment? I can do that for you. What is the enchantment? I take it you have the item you wanted enchanted on your person, Pinkie!” she put forth.

“This is a special enchantment. I have the items in my saddle bags, and the enchantment is right here!” I explained as I pulled out a book with a set of different enchantments.

“I think we take this in my private studies, Pinkie. I recognize the style of the book, even if I have not seen it, or heard of the author writing it before!” she expressed.

“Makes sense. These are highly intimate items for private use. Nothing even I wanted to spread in the open!” I responded.

“I was expecting as much, nice to see that you had noticed it, Pinkie!” she added as she was leading me towards the small room with a sturdy table in the middle.


Once we got to the room, Twilight opened the door with her magic and closed it behind me as I had entered after her. The room may be small and insignificant looking, but I guess that is the point of going here. Like with the rest of the castle, the floor, walls and ceiling is the same crystal.

“If you place the item or items on the table, while I read up on the enchantment you had in mind, Pinkie!” she pointed out as I handed her the book in question.

“Okelay, dokelay!” I responded, before I opened the saddle bags and pulled out the reins and placed them on the table in a loose formation, according to what the book had depicted.

Twilight adjusted the formation slightly as she read. Once she had finished reading, I could see the tip of her horn aglow. The light slowly grew in intensity, and then flowed down from the tip and all the way down as an avalanche in slow motion. I guess this is a pun of a comparison, but I couldn’t escape the idea. The light continued to grow in intensity as she drew magic and focused it in her horn. A moment later the light shot out and hit the reins, then enveloped them in a chrysalis of magical light. The light kept growing in intensity for a while, then slowly subsided and dissipated as the spell had finished.

“There you go. I hope it will be as fun and exciting as you had expected!” Twilight expressed excitedly.

I could see that the black leather had changed into what could only be a clear, pink rubber. It looks smooth and slippery.


“I would need to try it on, before I know if it words as intended!” I responded.

“Then you could do it right here while I oversee your exploit!” Twilight promised.

“Thanks, Twilly. I think that would be safer!” I pointed out.

“Yes, and you are quite welcome!” she responded as she picked up the item and slowly placed it over my face.

I could feel the rubber touch the skin around my muzzle as it slipped eagerly into place. Then it continued to slide along my cheeks as she pressed it around my ears. She finished by snapping the strap in under my chin and around my neck.

“How does it feel?” she inquired, eagerly in an uncharacteristically curious voice.

Only now I can’t respond, my lips sealed and not a word came to mind.

“Explore it with your hands, I want to see how it came out!” she urged me, so I lift my hands up to my face.

Naturally I feel the rubber straps covering my face. The strap around my muzzle, the once following the skin all the way back and behind my neck. I even feel the one under my chin and the once behind my ears.

They are just as smooth as I had expected, even as smooth as the crystal the walls in the room are comprised out of. To my surprise, I can’t get a finger in under the straps. It isn’t as if they were all that tight, I can’t feel them more than I had while they were made out of leather. I guess skin tight is the word coming to mind. When I tried to slip a nail in under the strap, even that failed.

Drawing a finger along my lips in order to see why I couldn’t part my lips. Yet, now I can’t feel more than the rim, a distinct line between my lips, but I can’t press my finger any further.

“I take it you need help in order to get the reins off of your head, Pinkie Pie! she pointed out as I completed my exploration.

I could but nod, which is as much I could do. I couldn’t say a word, or even think of saying them at all, as if I never had been able to speak in my entire life. Yet, there was something exciting about this effect I just couldn’t put my finger to.


She placed her right index finger on the middle of my lower lip, I could feel it. Then she pushed further, just for the tease. To my surprise, the lip feels almost like as if it had been made out of rubber, but her finger slowly slipped in. There was nothing I could have done in order to prevent her.

She withdrew her hand with a curious expression on her face before she placed her hands to the right and left, feeling the reins on my face. Then she snapped the reins open and pulled the straps and then the reins off of my face.

“Thanks, Twilight Sparkle!” I put forth as she had placed my reins on the table.

“That was an experience!” she put forth.

“Not only were my lips sealed, but I was mute. I couldn’t get my fingers in under the straps and I couldn’t even think the words to speak!” I explained.

“I think it is best you don’t wear these by yourself, Pinkie Pie. I guess you could come back, any time you like if I am here and have a minute to spare!” she offered.

“Thanks, I appreciate it, Twilly!” I added.


She opened the door and followed me out of the room as I finished gathering my reins and slipping them into my saddle bags where I had kept them hidden on my way here.

“Oh, and keep the book. I am sure you will have some fun with that!” I added as I continued, bouncing behind her.

“I will see you when you get back, or any time we stumble into one another, Pinkie!” she added.

“Yeah. I am sure we will. Besides, we have a meeting in two days!” I added as I bounced up the flight of stairs, then to the door where I stopped in order to open.

Once I had opened the door I walked out, and closed the door.

--- --- ---

Comments ( 1 )

I am still concerned about the lack of safeties.

I do wonder where you planned on going next.

Login or register to comment