• Published 3rd Dec 2014
  • 2,977 Views, 46 Comments

A Queen's love - A Twysalis story - nioniosbbbb



My creation before it's going to be posted in the Twysalis prompt tag collab! After repeated questions Chrysalis finally confesses the way she ascended to the throne.

  • ...
27
 46
 2,977

True Love ((not canon))

“Why can’t we race too, mom?” Came the question, and I felt my lungs get heavier.

I sighed. She looked at me with those teal eyes of hers and I was instantly filled with guilt.

“I know we did something wrong but that’s over now, isn’t it? You told me you are reformed.”

What should I say? What should I even tell her? I knew she felt the same way I did when I changed my ways. She longed to enjoy herself, to go out there and just... ugh!. I knew she wanted to do so much more than just enjoy a race.

She wanted to meet the other ponies. To learn from them, to hug them, to tell them how much she loves them, and how much she care about them.

But… not yet.

“Mom?” Her fluffy pink mane was less ‘poof-y’ than usual. I couldn’t escape her. I looked in the pond, and I saw another me. She would be welcome here. She would be loved here, and it would just take a second.

But I couldn’t lie anymore. I had promised not to lie, I had promised to be myself and stop being angry, being rash, being… me.

“Chryssie! Papi! Come on, breakfast is ready!” I heard Twilight’s voice. Papillion rushes to her. She doesn’t have holes in her, she is loved. It’s one thing I was glad she didn’t inherit as a hybrid changeling.

“Chrysalis?” I had not noticed Twilight as she came near me. “Are you alright?”

“She is better than me. Far more than I expected. Much, much better.”

Silence.

“I am a hindrance to her progress, to my race’s progress to goodness.”

“No…” She looked at me, her eyes full of compassion. “It is your own true honest love that helps her. You’ve learned so much since your reform.”

“Twilight, I raped your brother. What do I know about love?”

“You love me don’t you?”

“Of course I…”

“You had the time to make so many relationships, so many mistakes. You’ve learned more about real life than I’ll ever find in my books. When she leaves my side she is smarter, but when she leaves your side she is wiser.”

She put her hoof on mine. I was silent. I was happy.

“Through me she knows the world. Through you…” She paused for a second as she leaned on me and kissed me.

“She knows true love.”

Author's Note:

Yes it's the race of today's episode

Comments ( 10 )

When she leaves your side she is wiser, when she leaves mine she is smarter.

For effect, I might suggest reversing the order of those two statements. :twilightsmile:

7459358 Oke! Thanks! Did you enjoy it? Also edited it in past tense.

7461303 I did enjoy it! 'Reformation' is a harder road than just a magical rainbow laser. :twilightsmile:

7461820 you said it. Not to mention the guilt.

7463575 and the anxiety/stress

7859903 The old intro is no longer canon to the story. Read the author's notes please.

8266644
Not sure on the ETA. I am not currently focused on this. I just got out of exams.

Login or register to comment