• Published 27th Apr 2012
  • 2,655 Views, 33 Comments

Phoenix Wright, Pony at Law - Shukumei



A Phoenix Wright crossover for the Cider Squeezy episode. Just a quick one shot.

  • ...
6
 33
 2,655

The Phoenix Rises

It was a bright, sunny day in Ponyville and everything was beautiful, peaceful, and serene. All except Sweet Apple Acres where the cider making competition was in full swing, set to determine whether the Apple family or the fast-talking Flim Flam brothers would claim exclusive rights to sell cider in Ponyville.

The rules were simple. The Apple family had donated their apples to the competition and the team that produced the most barrels of the sweet beverage would claim the victory and the sales rights for all of Ponyville, and Sweet Apple Acres itself!

The crowd of thirsty ponies waited with bated breath to see just who would walk away victorious. The Apples with their traditional and loving hoof-made family recipe, or the newcomers with their fancy magic-powered contraption.

The Flim Flam brothers had started sweating bullets. Those Apple family bumpkins had recruited a team of ponies to assist in the cider-making competition and it was clear the increased production would easily outstrip their machine before the hour was up.

"We've gotta do something, Flim!" One brother said to the other, panic in his voice.

"No worries. We'll just turn up the juice."

the two brothers directed their magic toward the machine, throwing it's mechanism into overdrive. The apple-retrieval mechanism began sucking up whole trees instead of just apples.

Suddenly, a clear, confident voice rang out over the crowd of assembled ponies. "OBJECTION!" And every eye there gathered turned toward the source, the crowd parting to reveal a deep-blue pony with his black mane slicked back. He walked to the front of the crowd, his familiar scales cutie mark identifying him as the town's most famous attourney. Phoenix Wright.

"Ms. Mayor. I hereby charge that the Flim Flam brothers should be disqualified from the competition."

The two brothers looked at each other in disbelief and spoke in unison. "On what grounds?"

"On the grounds of theft!"

The crowd gasped at the dramatic accusation. Everypony there knew of Mr. Wright's penchant for over-the-top displays but still, it was hard not to go along with him once he got rolling.

"That is a very serious accusation, Mr. Wright." The mayor said with gravity in her voice. "I hope you have some evidence to back it up?"

Phoenix scoffed. "The evidence is right before your eyes! Look! The Apple family clearly and generously allowed the challengers to use their apples to create their cider. Those were the explicit terms of the arrangement. Their APPLES." Phoenix emphasized the last word. "They said nothing, however, about allowing the Flim Flam brothers to uproot and use their TREES in their cider!" Again a gasp from the crowd as Phoenix rested his case.

"Hey! Tha's right!" Applejack piped in. "We Apples have worked hard planting an' tending those trees since they were saplings! What makes you reckon you can just up an' pull 'em outta the ground like that?"

Applebloom added her two bits. "Yeah! I say we sue 'em for damages!"

Big Mac was livid and everypony was surprised to hear the unbridled anger in his voice as he added his enraged contribution to the argument. "Yyyyup."

"Sounds like the crowd has gone sour." Flam said to his brother, looking worried. "I think it's about time we packed up shop and took this show on the road." And with that, and a little magic nudge, the giant machine turned about and chugged out of Ponyville forever.

The crowd cheered as they saw the tail end of the two con artists, none louder than the apple family. Granny Smith herself approached Phoenix. "Thank you, Mr. Wright. I don't know how to thank you for all you've done today. Please. Allow me to pay you for your services."

The blue stallion looked slightly affronted at the notion. "My dear Granny Smith. I wouldn't hear of it. I did what I did today, not in the interest of you or your farm or even your family. Today justice was served, and that is all the payment I need." And with that, the stallion turned and galloped off into the sunset, back in the direction of Ponyville.

"That pony is amazing." Applejack whispered to herself as she watched him leave. "I just wonder why he left without buying any cider. I mean, why was he here in the first place if he didn't want cider?"

Phoenix returned to his apartment a few hours later and settled down with a tall glass of cider. Applejack had chased him down and insisted that he be given a barrel of their finest as thank you for his hard work in defense of justice.

The warm cider slid down his throat as he drank deep, grateful in hindsight that the earth pony had caught his blunder and foisted the gift upon him. After all, he had left dramatically without even collecting the object of his visit to the farm in the first place.

He was just about to drain the glass when there was a knock at the door. He rose and crossed the room and answered it to find a small pink and yellow filly standing on his welcome mat.

"Mr. Wright. I hope I'm not disturbing you." Fluttershy said.

"Not at all, my dear. What can I do for you?"

"Well. You see. A minotaur named Iron Will is suing me for non-payment for a seminar I took. He promised a satisfaction guarantee that if I wasn't satisfied I wouldn't have to pay. Now it seems he thinks that my standing up to him and refusing to pay is proof the seminar worked and is adamant that he be payed. I was wondering if you would represent me. That is... If you don't mind. You're probably busy..." The shy mare trailed off.

"Not at all, ma'am. I would be happy to assist you."

"Thank you, Mr. Wright. I don't have a lot of money but I could pay you in installments if that would be alright."

"That will be fine. After all. I'm not in it for the money. I'm a servant of justice."

Comments ( 31 )

I'm really sorry for the quality of this fic. Like I said in the description, I was trying to shove a bunch of filler in there to meet the word limit and now it kinda... bites. The original version is from "The Flim Flam brothers had started sweating bullets" to the point that Phoenix gallops off. Just in case you wanted to know what I ACTUALLY wanted to submit. Thanks in advance for your understanding. -Shiloh

I'd like to see the Mayor indicted for illegally granting a monopoly on cider on the basis of an extra-legal competition.

You know, I knew nopony was going to like this story but I never expected that NOPONY would like this story. I thought it was at least halfway decent. Oh well. I'm sure once I add a second chapter and clean up the first it'll be a bit more popular.

Gak

I actually liked it :D :twilightsmile:

509051 Lol. Well thank you. I can't help but feel it's a pity like but I'll take it. :twilightblush: -Shiloh

Gak

509190 pity is only for the... Pitiful? No i truly liked it

Re-submitted and open for anypony to see because apparently my readers hate me and want to see me die in shame under the white-hot glares of their criticism. So yeah, enjoy!

This was rushed faster than the Anglo-Zanzibar War. The entire setting of the scene in the first paragraph, which was three lines long. A little later on, there was "the giant machine turned around and chugged out of Ponyville forever." Kind of an...awkward sentence, though it's hard to explain why. A few grammatical and spelling errors as well, along with being terribly short. Though it is marked as incomplete, so I'll give you that. And Phoenix Wright...what? Just...what?

I won't be a total douche nozzle and thumb it down because it really isn't as bad as others seem to claim, but it's definitely no Anthropology, so I won't upvote or favourite it either.

Sincerely,
ChrisTheCat

697949
Now you see why I took it down the first time. Hell, one of those downvotes is mine.

698025
:rainbowlaugh: Really? I like that! Bahahahahaa!

Ok first of all i don't hate you accualy I love you..........your writing of course:twilightblush:.

Ok now for the review. I can tell its your first story but not because it was horrible, but because you used cheesy lines in serious situations(unless you meant too then nevermind). For the story in whole I liked the story. The writing was kinda weak, but the story was defined at least and you didn't try to throw a curve ball wih the accusation. The accusation accualy made sense alot of it accualy.

The reason why i think you got so few likes but so many dislikes is because, it is easier to dislike a story than to like it. I am going to like this story because i really did like it(not like as in love but just like).
I AM NOT LIKING IT OUT OF PITY. Sorry for the caps lock but i don't want to think that. This story accualy has potental. Don't sell yourself short just for what people say or dont say.

703177
Potential, yes. Potential I'm interested in developing, most certainly not. This thing is dead and buried and if somepony wants to resurrect it, then it's going to have to be somepony much more familiar with the Phoenix Wright games than I. Honestly, I'm willing to let it sit here gathering dust, my obligatory failed story. Every writer needs at least one. It's tradition. As for cheesy lines, that's sorta what I equate Phoenix Wright with, my only knowledge of the series being internet memes and a very brief wikipedia search. So yeah. I'm totally not offended.

703275

Oh crap I didn't mean to offend i swear i didn't. I haven't played the games so i didn't know the cheesy lines were a part of it. Gah i hate it when i come across as an ass.

When i said it had potential i didn't mean for you to continue or rewrite. I guess what was going through my mind is that there have been many storys that i have read to where it was so horrible that there was no hope for it. This story is accualy good.

I ave tried writing before and it was no where near this storys calibure, but I have read more books than i care to count. So i can at least say it was a good story.

Hey this Story is cool. Its funny actually.

I wish i would be that creative, because PW is a really good Game :rainbowlaugh:

703531
No offense taken, I assure you. It was mostly self-bashing.
721870
I'll take your word for it.

Just wanted to point something out. The story now has more thumbs up then it does thumbs down.:pinkiehappy:

750309
Will wonders never cease.

750446
Am I sensing sarcasm here?

750623
Actually no. I am truly surprised.

750870

Oh cool. You are a great writer. For as many firsts as this story was for you it turned out very well (I couldn't do better:pinkiesad2:). Honestly i think a part of those thumbs downs are from trolls that go around doing that just to make people feel bad about their storys. I have read Fics that are amazing in quality but still have people dislike it just to be an ass.

Welp this has my attention as well! :rainbowderp: also, would anyone want this moustache?:moustache:

A Phoenix Wright fic without any "HOLD IT!"s, "OBJECTION!"s, or "TAKE THAT!"s? Blasphemy! Seriously though, I'd like to point out a few things.

One: Phoenix doesn't take cases wothout payment. He does want to see justice served, and the truth revealed, even if it means pressing his own client for the facts, and pointing out lies in their testimony, even of not doing so would benefit his defense of the client. But he also needs to pay the bills.

Two: There are no plucky comic relief teenage girls as assistants. This needs to be fixed if you write another chapter.

Three: Phoenix is a lot more snarky. Even though he doesn't say it out loud a lot of the time, he's usually at least thinking about how insane the people around him are.

Four: There are no prosecutors or other people who are whipping him, throwing coffee at him, or otherwise harming him. If you write another chapter, fix this.

Five: He doesn't *sob*. If you write another chapter, fix this.

Six: He never slams a desk. If you write another chapter, fix this.


I'm sorry if this came off as rude or nitpicky, but you gotta learn this sometime.

2599628
HOLD IT!
I have a piece of evidence that contradicts your testimony! I call your attention to the following paragraph.

Suddenly, a clear, confident voice rang out over the crowd of assembled ponies. "OBJECTION!" And every eye there gathered turned toward the source, the crowd parting to reveal a deep-blue pony with his black mane slicked back. He walked to the front of the crowd, his familiar scales cutie mark identifying him as the town's most famous attourney. Phoenix Wright.

This clearly shows that the defendant did make an attempt to incorporate Phoenix's catchphrase into the fic!

As for your other concerns, I would like to present another piece of evidence from the very fic description itself.

Seeing as I know nothing of Phoenix Wright. Hopefully I didn't make any huge blunders.

As you can plainly see, the defendant had very limited knowledge of the Phoenix Wright series at the time of this writing and made every attempt to point that out!

In closing, no your arguments were not taken offensively as you can see by the defendant's lighthearted response and your concerns were simply an oversight due to the writer's lack of knowledge about the series being lampooned. I assure you if I do re-write the fic, the characters will be much more accurate.

I rest my case.

2601733
OBJECTION!
*slams desk*
...I was hoping to come up with an argument while I was slamming my desk, your honor.
I didn't.

Judge: You have my sympathies.























OBJECTION!
*slams desk again*

Judge: Well?

I was hoping to come up with an argument while objecting, your honor. I did not.












































OBJECTION!
That was the point! In case the defendant ever writes another chapter, the witness thought to inform the defendant of the series' quirks and Wright's character traits, though it is with great regret that I inform you the witness missed that objection.

2602728

Judge: Mr. Munch! If you make another pointless objection, I will have to charge you with contempt of court, and have you thrown out of my courtroom!


2601733

For what little knowledge you had of the series, you did well. I would suggest re-writing the story to deal with some pacing issues; you should also realize that, as far as I'm aware, Phoenix would never allow a criminal to run away without yelling for someone to stop them.

Beyond that, I look forward to this continuing sometime.

I literally burst out laughing. This was great. Four chuckles.

First fic I didn't have Tawny here for to add her amazing ideas.

Who, me?:scootangel:
Nah, of course not.:derpytongue2:

I... I adore this. This needs to be animated. Now.

7203396
HOLD IT! Your objection makes no sense if you agreed with me!

7208004
7207680
The verdict now declares the defendant...
ANIMATED.

Login or register to comment