• Published 7th Nov 2014
  • 939 Views, 9 Comments

Songs Changelings Sing: A Rock & Roll Story - Syroc



For decades, Equestria has been living in the golden age of rock. But just who started it, and why?

  • ...
5
 9
 939

The Addendum

Holly Bud was killed on his way to Canterlot to appear for trial when the chariot that carried him crashed during a freak storm out of the Everfree forest. His companions and fellow musicians, Strong Riches and Big Bopper, were also killed. Post mortem autopsies revealed that Strong Riches was a changeling, though whether he was Yellow Streak or somepony else completely has not been proven.

Holly Bud was posthumously cleared of all charges for his role in the changeling invasion of Canterlot, and a tableau depicting all his known aliases has been commissioned in his honour at the Trottingham School of Arts. The plaque at its base will read 'love is in the music'.

The story of Holly Bud has been recorded into the Annals of Friendship by Princess Twilight Sparkle as an example of how it is possible to find common ground with even the most unlikely of ponies, and how even an enemy might someday become a friend.

The identity of Yellow Streak has not yet to been confirmed. There has been much speculation as to who he might be or have been after Holly Bud left The Bugs. Princess Celestia herself has offered a general amnesty should he ever step forward to reveal himself.

No official contact with the changeling hives has been made since the Canterlot invasion.

Author's Note:

If you're familiar with who Buddy Holly is, you no doubt saw this chapter coming. Yeah, I know this totally ends the story on a total downer, but I wasn't about to pass over "The Day The Music Died" just so you can smile.

Well, actually I would. Here's a what-if: Holly isn't really dead, he was rescued by Chrysalis and the two dead changelings are just random drones. Canterlot is soon visited by its first changeling diplomat ever, and he happens to be a really good singer. And he really wants to meet Pinkie Pie. Yellow Streak and Lyra hooked up, and they're thinking about adoption. Puppies to begin with. And Bon Bon met someone who appreciates her. There. Happy ending for those that want it.

The End.

Comments ( 9 )

This is written wonderfully.

Wow damn its seriously great but sadly short story?

Post them in some group its need more attention

5243086 I would, but I can only browse with my phone atm. It is a bugger.

5243119

Haha I know that pain. Luckily i have phone with keyboard

I'll be reading this soon enough. Until then, rock on.

Wonderful just wonderful. :heart:
Sad but realy great. :fluttercry:

Wonderful Story.

This was one of, if not the, first changeling fics that I have read back in 2014, and I've been hooked with changeling fics ever since.

Login or register to comment