• Published 21st Oct 2014
  • 702 Views, 16 Comments

Luna's Adventures in Imagination Land - Silver Reader



Luna is bored but meany Celestia won't play with her. What is a poor, sweet filly to do? How is any pony supposed to play by themselves?

  • ...
2
 16
 702

Snakes of Blaketa

Luna trotted back to her room, her mind abuzz with the idea of imagination. How had she not heard of it before? As she emerged to her room, something caught her eye. Curled up on her bed was a massive snake!

She scrambled back, her hooves clipping on the floor. How did this beast get into her room? She reconised the creature from her books. It was a snake from the horrible lands of Blaketa! She must protect her family! She lunged for the creature, her small wings flapping furiously.

"Get away!" She cried. Her little voice seemed to contempt the creature. It pulled its head back and lunged.

Luna barely managed to get out of the way. The reptile snapped it's jaws snapped where she had been standing a moment before. The creature let out a hiss before lunging again.

Luna had been expecting this. She summoned her magic and grapped a hold on the snake's head and tail. She jerked it up and let it go. But she had flung it up at an angle, and now the snake was coming right at her!

She let out a scream. She didn't want to get crushed!

A guard burst into her room. "Princess! What-?" The guard stopped. Luna was underneath her blanket, wiggling furiously. She let out a battle cry before shooting out of it and landed on the floor, her mane frizzy from static. Her cry of war changed to a cry of surprise and pain. The guard shook his head and helped the moon princess up, drying her tears.

Luna looked at him in surprise. "How did the snake not get you?" She asked.

The guard looked around, confused. "What snake?"

"That one!" Luna pointed a hoof at the blanket on the floor. "Huh?"

The guard chuckled. "It was your imagination, Princess."

Luna looked the blanket, then back at the guard. She started to laugh too, until the guard pulled himself together. "Alright, Princess. Be careful next time." He began to exit the room. "Oh, and Luna?"

"Yes?" The little filly asked.

"Don't go off and battle snakes right now. You're a little to young for that. But I'm sure, in a few years, you'll be battling Equestria's greatest foes."

Author's Note:

Sorry that it took me so long to update. I just could not find inspiration! Anyhow, thanks for reading, and don't forget to like, comment, and follow! :pinkiehappy:

Comments ( 6 )

Well, that was one of the tiniest chapters I've seen in recent memory, but I'm glad to see that this story was continued somehow, at least.

I like.how that turned out. A bit short but still cute. Glad I handed it over. Keep up the good work.

It's pretty short and cute, but it's a damn shame that it's just that. It's too short! I wished that we heard more of the horrible lands of Blaketa, and why these lands seem to have such horrible snakes. Is the land covered with impenetrable rain forests, or are these lands filled with horrible tundras and wastelands? And are these snakes gigantic enough to swallow ponies whole, or are they just a simple nuisance, but due to Luna's imagination exaggerated to horrible measures?

Yeah, you can see that I'm reader/writer who loves details in the stories that I read and write. I can fully understand that you didn't had inspiration, but please, try to incorporate a little more details in the story. It's meant to be imaginative, but if you write such short chapters, it's not going anywhere. Just a few tips from another writer, that's all. Keep up the good work.

5766025 Thanks for the review!

5769750 You're welcome, my friend.

Login or register to comment