• Published 13th Dec 2014
  • 2,637 Views, 41 Comments

"Can I Keep Him?" - pepdog1



Portals are opening up all over Equestria, and it's the Main Six's job to round up all the creatures coming out of them and get them back home. Only thing is, some of them have no plan of going back...

  • ...
2
 41
 2,637

Royal Mishaps

"Meta Knight!"

Bandanna Dee ran into the courtyard after the knight. Meta turned as he heard his name, confused as to why the king's personal guard wasn't asleep. It was six o'clock-ish, after all.

"Bandanna." He replied. "Why are you up at this hour? What is it you so desperately need?"

"Hold on... g-give me a sec..." The Waddle Dee adjusted his trademark bandanna, still panting from the running. "Need to... catch my breath..."

Meta waited. But no matter how long he waited, nothing would prepare him for these next two words.

"Kirby's missing!"

Meta drew a blank on that sudden outburst. "Come again? Kirby... is missing?"

Bandanna nodded. "Since morning! Tokkori heard a weird sound this morning at four-ish, and when he woke up, Kirby was gone! We've been looking everywhere all morning!"

Meta Knight stood still for a moment, staring at the Waddle Dee. "I'll go get the guards."

"I'll get the king." Bandanna nodded, running away again.

Meta Knight wrapped the Dimensional Cape around himself, and teleported off.


Magolor squeaked as he saw Discord. I say squeaked because even though it was going to be along the lines of a scream, Discord had covered his mouth with his paw.

"Mph! MmmmmMMMHP!"

Discord didn't know whether to be amused or downright laugh-until-he-fainted-amused. This little creature, as weird as he was, was hilarious!

"Now, don't be afraid, little one!" He smiled. "I am Discord, the God of Chaos! Well, more like the gathering and physical personification of chaos, but God has a much better ring to it, doesn't it?"

He started laughing, but his chuckles were cut off by a clicking from behind him.

"Let Master Magolor go. Now.

The barrel of some sort of... gun was looking Discord in the face as he turned around. He chuckled again, though it was a little on the nervous side.

"Oh please, random voice that came out of nowhere! I just want to be friends with this little guy! Magolor, is it? And I'm only just making sure he doesn't shout. I'm not hurting him!"

"... You may want to reconsider that statement before I shoot you with my ion cannon."

"Reconsider?"

Discord looked down at Magolor, who was seemingly trying even harder to get away. Discord let him go, though not before wrapping around him with his snakelike body. Magolor quickly tried (in vain) to escape, gasping for air.

"C-couldn't... b-breathe...." He choked out,

Discord put his hands --well I say hands, but it really is more of a paw and a...foot-- up into the air, turning back to the Lor's cannon. "Um... oops?"

The cannon started to charge up.

"How was I to know he couldn't breathe?!" Discord exclaimed. "I was just curious! Come on, I can help you! I don't exactly know what you need help with, but if you're here you must need something! I can take little Magolor here to see the princess!"

The cannon didn't stop, and was almost at full power. Discord covered his face with his arms. Of course, he could teleport away, but best to put the ship into a false sense of security.

"Lor..."

The cannon still hummed, but didn't fire. "Yes, master?"

"Don't shoot."

Though she was hesitant, the Lor soon put the cannon away. "Yes, master."

Discord dropped his arms, still wrapped around the little alien. He looked at Magolor, smiling widely. "Oh! So you'll come!"

Magolor sighed. "With the engine gone, I can't get off the ground. I'd have to go out and find it anyway, so I might as well have help from somebody who knows the land."

Discord's smile somehow got even bigger. "Yes! I'll help you find the engine! Come with me!"

He teleported a few meters away before walking out, making sure Magolor was following him. Magolor waved one last time to the Lor before following behind.

"I'll come back, Lor." He whispered. "I promise."

The Lor Starcutter sighed as soon as they left. "I hope you do, master... I hope you do..."

Magolor was rather scared, having to follow this... thing around, but he had no other choice. Besides, Discord wasn't going to hurt him, right? He seemed like a nice guy. On the inside, at least.

Discord, however, was delighted. That had gone rather easily, in fact easier than he had expected! Maybe a little too easily... But whatever. The point was, he had done it. He had found what Celestia was hiding from him. And now that he had taking Magolor away from the Lor, when Celestia came back, she'd be in for a shock.

...Or so he thought. Of course, he had no idea that Celestia wasn't hiding anything from him. But that doesn't matter. After all, maybe his little mishap will strike up some chaos!


Dedede put a flipper over his mouth, looking at Meta Knight attentively as he explained what Bandanna had told him. True, he was tired, and true, he usually didn't care about what Kirby did, but the way Meta explained it made it seem so... important.

"We have to find him." He muttered, his flipper sliding up and scratching under his crown-hat-thing. "Who knows what might happen if we don't?"

"I didn't know you cared so much about the little guy, Dedede." Escargon smiled, leaning on the arm of the throne. Dedede looked back at the snail with a slight scowl.

"I don't." He insisted. "I'm more worried about me. I mean, what if I go missing! We can't have that!"

He closed his eyes to prove his point, but as it got no reaction other then a few skeptical looks and sly smiles, he gave in. "Alright, I'm worried about him. And, I also don't want any of you to go missing, either..."

Bandanna chuckled. "Aw, I always knew you had a soft side, sire!"

Dedede smiled and chuckled softly too. "Yeah... But I can be stern too. Get all the guards and split up!" He stood up. "Search all over Popstar if you have to! Heck, search Ripple Star and even Shiver Star! We will find--"

Vwoosh!

Everybody stared at the spot Dedede once was.

"You guys saw that, right?" Escargon asked, pointing a shaking finger at the spot.

Meta Knight turned around with a flick of his cape. "Guards! The king has gone missing! We must go find him at once! Nobody is to rest until we do!"

Escargon sat down on the throne as Meta left, shell shocked.

"He just... disappeared." He said, almost not believing what he had was. "Just like that. W-where could he have gone? People don't just disappear like that, and there he went. Poof. Gone."

Bandanna went up to him, taking his hand into his paw. He didn't say anything, but Escargon appreciated the gesture all the same, and it made him smile, until he thought of one small thing.

"Who's going to be king while Dedede is gone?"

Author's Note:

Hey. Official (author-made) art of this fanfic. Just something small that I drew. And another pointless thing.

Also, fun fact; at the end of the Discord and Magolor part, there is exactly 888 words on the page! :D

Oh, and for those not so Kirby savvy readers out there, here's a link to the Kirby wiki so you can look up characters!

Comments ( 23 )

Say "Poyo" if you like Poyo

5648626
Poyo~!
Kirby doesn't even appear in this chapter lmao.

Escargon? Wow you though of every character when writing this!

5650082 Well who gives a *poyo* if Kirby isn't here
KERBY IS AWESOME AS *poyo*

Alright! Finished reading what you have and it's pretty interesting so far! I can't wait to see what else you have in store... ^.^

AWesome story so far, can't wait for next chapter.

Zero.

Nightmare.

Marx.

Nova.

Galactia knight.

Necro.

The squeak squad.

Nova.

Marx.

Marx's soul.

Zero.

Marx and zero shiping.

0.

Zero two.

Zero2.

02.

0two.

Master hand, crazy hand, and master core. (Master hand and crazy hand appears in kirby and the amazeing mirror. And Hal, the company that made kirby, also made smash brothers. And master core is a part of master hand so... Ya it works.)

Tabuu (agein, master hand verse is connected to kirby 'verse, and smash bros 'verse. And tabuu exists in subspace... Just like master hand.)

Yes?
Yes.
Most definitely.

5890629

I laughed so hard at this comment. I swear, it made my day!

Well, Zero is appearing! One of his forms, at least. (I see Zero Two and Zero as the same person.) And so is Marx. But not together. (Sorry,butI'maMarxolorshipperalltheway) It wouldn't work for the plot anyway, so...

The Super Smash Bros guys probably won't be in this. Maybe Kabu (from the anime), but not the other guys.

Nightmare might have something to do with the sequel (if I even finish this first one...) Galacta Knight, NOVA, and Necrodius will probably be the same. The Squeak Squad are in this one, though. I have something planned for them...

And thank you for commenting! Seeing comments always makes me smile~ X3

Interesting, to say the least. Lots of potential.

5949925
Thank you! :D Hopefully I'll get the motivation to finish writing the next damn chapter like GEEZ Pepdog, get your butt in gear!

Comments always make me smile (and help remind me) so thank you once again! :3

Of course! I can't wait to see where this story goes!

Can I continue your cancelled Kirby story?

Can you continue this story?

6726680 Unfortunately, I must say no to that. I have lost my motivation, can't even remember what the story was about, and frankly don't know where it's meant to head. I apologise, but it's not going to happen.

6730129 You mean this story is cancelled?!?

6731261 Indeed, it seems that is the case.

6732551 Well, might as well put the label on.

Comment posted by The Mysterious Lombax deleted Dec 17th, 2015

6739996 ...No. I doubt anybody else would be reading this, anyway. It's probably lost in the depths of Hell by now. And besides, who are you to tell me what to do with my stories...?

6742387 Sorry. It's just that a few months ago, people check this out, and now, they see it to be cancelled. Plus, your stories are awesome.

6742446 Right; I apologise.
I just don't think people will want to check it out anymore. Since it hasn't been updated in *checks* just under a year, they could probably already assume I wasn't interested anymore...
And, frankly, my MLP stories have be sub-par at best, lately... I just haven't been getting the motivation to continue...

7251408 I did? It's been so long since I've written this and even longer since I watched the Lego Movie that I don't even remember. I probably did though; I love the Lego Movie. Was it the "I'm so sentenced I can't even tired properly" line? Because... I honestly can't remember where I got that from.

aaawwww the first cancelled story. I just wished they would remove dead storys from a group, I hate to found those if I search for storys I want to read, it only takes longer this way.

Login or register to comment