• Published 13th Dec 2014
  • 2,637 Views, 41 Comments

"Can I Keep Him?" - pepdog1



Portals are opening up all over Equestria, and it's the Main Six's job to round up all the creatures coming out of them and get them back home. Only thing is, some of them have no plan of going back...

  • ...
2
 41
 2,637

Discordiant Discovery

Author's Note:

Yes, yes. Kirby can talk. In practically every Kirby fanfic on Fanfiction, Kirby can talk. He talks in the games too; Kirby's Avalanche and Kirby's Epic Yarn. Also in Super Smash Bros., where he sometimes calls out the name of a move before he preforms it. Considering that the Kirby franchise is twenty two years old, I think Kirby would be able to talk, so no more comments about that. Just deal with it, please because it's easier to write. Now, to the story!

Kirby shrunk backwards. The sudden outbreak when he spoken from the ponies definitely wasn't expected.

Who knew that talking was such a big deal?

"Y-yeah! I can, poyo!" He smiled nervously. "W-why? Is that a problem, poy?"

"No, it's awesome!" Pinkie smiled. Her smile was somehow even bigger than before. "Now we can talk together and you can tell us all about yourself!"

"Oh my goodness." Twilight put a hoof to her mouth in shock. "If I had known you were intelligent, I wouldn't have even suggested that we put you in a cage! I'm so sorry!"

"Aw, it's alright, poyo. Twilight, is it? Trust me, I've had more than a few misunderstandings in my time. Meta is always saying I could speak up more often. He says it can prevent a lot of problems, and I'm starting to think he might be right..."

He trailed off, a paw on his 'chin' as if he was thinking about that very hard.

"What is thy name, little one?" Luna asked, lowering her head so she was on his level. "We cannot simply call you 'Creature' now that we know thou can speak!"

Th puffball smiled, jumping up and hitting his chest. A small star bounced off him, making Rarity squeal.

"My name is Kirby, poyo!" He grinned. "Hero of Dream Land and protector of Gamble Galaxy! But just Kirby is fine, poy."

"Aw, that's such a cute name!" Applejack smiled. "Suits a cute little critter like you."

Kirby shuffled his feet, looking down. "Aw, thanks~!"

"Hey!" Pinkie Pie turned around, shaking her tail at him. "Wanna actually ride on my back this time? We're going to find your friends!"

Kirby was confused. "My... friends? They're here?! 'Kori and Bandy and Meta?"

Pinkie giggled. "I don't know who they are, but trust us! We'll bring you to princess Celestia and then she can explain!"

Kirby smiled, hopping up onto Pinkie's back. "What are we waiting for, poyo? Let's go!"

"Let'sa go!" Pinkie smiled.

Shaking her head with a smile, Luna called the others around her, and they teleported back.


"Please?"

"No."

"But I helped you! I got rid of your tiredness!"

"And I'm sworn to confidentiality, Discord."

The draconequus frowned, crossing his arms. "You're no fun, Tia."

Celestia smiled, chuckling a bit. "And you're too much fun, my little Dissy-Wissy."

Discord couldn't help but smile a bit at the pet name. "Well, in that case, I'm going to find out myself. Goodbye, my little sun goddess!"

He blew a kiss --quiet literally-- at Celestia, who caught it with her magic before it could land on her.

"I love you too." She whispered, smiling as she held the kiss close to her. Discord smiled even wider, before teleporting out of the building.

... And of course the others teleported in instantly afterwards. Celestia quickly put the kiss under on of the pillows on the throne.

"Luna." She said, clearing her throat as she wiped the smile off her face. "Did you find any...thing..."

She soon spotted Kirby, who had jumped off Pinkie Pie's back. The little puffball stared back at her for a moment, before realizing that this was the princess and bowing.

"Kirby of the Stars, at your service, princess Celestia!" He said, not sure whether or not to straighten up.

Celestia stared at Kirby, shocked and surprised. Not only was a small creature from another universe bowing at her, but he was speaking and somehow knew her name.

After a few moments of silence, Kirby straightened up. "Um... my new friends here told me that you could help me find my friends, poyo... D-do you know where they are?"

Something clicked in the princess' brain. Their whole world revolved around the magic of friendship, and now her student had somehow shared it with this little pink ball!

"No." She answered honestly. "I don't. Not exactly."

She then began to explain everything to him. How the stars had aligned and the portal opened. How the boom woke them up. How Kirby's other friends --and possibly some of his enemies-- would come through the many appearing portals, and they had to get them all back before the last portal closed.

"In fact, we're lucky." She said. "The last portal stays open for three whole days before it closes for another 900 years. I think we should have around two weeks until then. Minus a day or two."

Kirby nodded, taking it all in. So... if we don't go through the portal, we're stuck here."

"Indeed."

Kirby jumped up. "Well, I'm not going to let that happen, poyo! Let's go find my friends!"

"Wait."

Luna stepped in front of the group. "It's rather early in the morning, little fillies... and colts. Five o'clock, actually. Wouldn't you like to have something to eat before we head off?"

Celestia's stomach growling answered that question.

"I'll get you something to eat." Luna nodded, heading towards the kitchen.

"So, what do we do until then?" Rainbow Dash asked.

Applejack sighed. "We wait."


Discord frowned. He could feel a magical disturbance somewhere, but he didn't know where. So, he just kept on looking until he found something.

And by looking, I meant teleporting around every second until something caught his eye.

And by something, I mean a big, blue spaceship.

"Wow. Woooow." He smiled, poking it. "Is this what little Tia was trying to hide from me? She could do better to hide it, but how can I complain? This is marvelous! I wonder what's inside!"

He knocked on the door, and with a small moment of hesitation, it opened.

The Lor was shocked at the appearance of this creature. If he would help Magolor, she would allow it, but if not...

... Discord would be in for a surprise.

The draconequus flew over to the little sleeping alien, hovering above him. "My, my, what do we have here?"

He picked Magolor up, taking a closer look at him. Magolor's ear twitched, but he didn't wake up.

Discord suddenly felt a bit of adoration for the alien. He reminded him of one of Fluttershy's little pets; small and helpless, but oh, so cute!

He held Magolor close to him like a baby, rocking him back and forth. "Now... what in Equestria are you?" He whispered. "You're like nothing I saw before... I wonder just how much chaos you could create. What should I call you--"

He didn't finish his sentence, because just then, Magolor woke up.