• Published 13th Dec 2014
  • 2,636 Views, 41 Comments

"Can I Keep Him?" - pepdog1



Portals are opening up all over Equestria, and it's the Main Six's job to round up all the creatures coming out of them and get them back home. Only thing is, some of them have no plan of going back...

  • ...
2
 41
 2,636

It All Started With a Big Boom

Author's Note:

Okay, so, as you know, this is a rewrite of my other (failed) MLP-Kirby crossover, only this story has a completely different plot and doesn't follow the other one at all. This one will be much neater as I have more knowledge of the Kirby universe. It still may take a while to update but if I get... say... 2 followers/watchers then I will try to update faster. Note that I have an account on FanFiction as well, under the same name, so if you want to read any of my other Kirby/Mario/Happy Tree Friend/ other random stories, go ahead.

Extra notes:
Luna speaks Shakespearean when she's nervous/excited/angry.
She also likes shouting.
Twilight gets really nervous when she has to do something important without the help of her friends.
Absconded is a word. Look it up.

Celestia awoke to a loud boom. As did the rest of the castle.

"Doth thou know what is happening?!" Luna shouted, as they both ran to the balcony to see what had made such a sound.

Celestia was silent for a bit, looking up at the stars. Judging their alignment, no doubt.

"I'm afraid I don't know exactly." She replied after a while. "But I do have a pretty good idea. Tomorrow morning, we must find Princess Twilight and her friends. This is an emergency."

"But if this is an emergency," Luna intervened, "Then shouldn't we go find them right away?"

"Luna, it's too late to go and wake them up."

"Not if the boom woke them already!"

"Luna, no. Morning."

"It's one o'clock, you know. It technically is morning."

"... Why does your logic have to make sense?"

"So are we going?"

Celestia smiled, casting a glance at her sister. "... Why the hay not?"

...

Twilight had indeed awoken from the boom, and now she and Spike were in front of the 'Golden Oak Castle,' as they called it, staring up at the sky.

"What was that?!" Spike asked, panicked. "Did something explode?!"

"I don't think so." Twilight replied cautiously. "If it had, we would see smoke or something, right?"

"Ooh! Maybe-some-sort-of-alien-crashed-his-starship!"

Apparently, Pinkie Pie knows how to sneak up next to someone without them noticing. Unfortunately, that meant that Spike and Twilight almost had a simultaneous heart attack.

"Pinkie Pie!" Twilight yelped, spinning around to face the earth pony. "Don't do that! You scared me!"

"Do what?"

That voice came from above. Twilight looked up to see Rainbow Dash flying there. Luckily, she wasn't much of a surprise after what had happened with Pinkie.

"Oh, hiya Dashie!" Pinkie greeted. "I was just talking to Twilight about how the boom could've been made by a alien crashing his ship."

"Aliens?!" Dashie echoed, her eyes wide. "Wow..."

"There's no such thing as aliens." Twilight interjected. "There's no proof!"

"No proof o' what?"

Applejack had appeared, along with a shaking Fluttershy.

"Aliens!" Twilight almost shouted. "There's no proof of aliens!"

"Why are you shouting about aliens?"

Seems like Rarity decided to show up too.

"Because they don't exist!" Twilight moaned, face-hoofing to emphasize it.

"That doesn't make any sense, you know." Rarity replied, raising an eyebrow.

"Exactly!" Spike smiled, making Twilight groan in frustration.

You know, for best friends, they have fights over the strangest of things.

Before anypony could utter another word, a bright light appeared nearby.

"ALIENS!" Dashie shouted, hiding behind Pinkie Pie.

"There's no such... Thing?" Twilight smiled nervously, stepping back. "Stay calm! I'm sure there's a logical explanation!"

Suddenly, a big voice boomed out of the fog that had... suddenly appeared...

"PRINCESS TWILIGHT!"

Twilight froze. The... alien knew her name?!

"THIS BE AN EMERGENCY! WE NEED THOU-"

"Luna, stop shouting, please."

"Oh, sorry."

The fog disappeared as Rainbow Dash flew out of behind Pinkie, and Luna and Celestia were relieved from it.

It took Twilight and the others a moment to figure out what had happened.

"... LUNA?! AND CELESTIA?!"

Celestia nodded.

"Indeed, Twilight." She said, voice calm. "We need your help. I'm afraid we have a big problem."

Twilight didn't answer, at first. She just twitched, which kind of unnerved everybody.

"What kind of problem?" She eventually whispered. "I can bring my friends along to help, right? RIGHT?!"

She shouted that last part, making everybody jump back a little. And making Fluttershy almost faint.

Celestia calmly smiled. "Yes, Twilight, of course. In fact, I want all of you to come, including your pets. It is not a hard task, not unless you let it go out of hoof."

Everybody sighed in relief, except for Pinkie Pie, who squealed. But then Applejack thought of something.

"Why would we need ta' bring our pets?" She asked. "Do we really have to?"

Luna shrugged. Or at least, shrugged as good as a pony is able to. "I don't know what's going on either."

"But you were the one shouting the most!" Spike accused.

Luna shrugged again. "I like shouting, okay?!"

The others stared at her for a bit.

"What?" She asked angrily, getting a bit freaked out.

"You... like shouting?" Rainbow asked after a bit more silence.

"Yeah, but-"

"Luna." Celestia said sternly. "Can I continue?"

"...Sorry."

"It's fine, Luna." Celestia sighed. She then turned to Applejack.

"We need your pets because this mission may very well be a round-up mission. The stars have aligned in a certain way; a way I haven't observed for 900 years. Last time they lined up like this, a series of portals appeared, and out of it came a bunch of small, plantlike, multi-coloured creatures. They tried to attack ponies, but one pony -who I believe was your great, great, great Grandma, Pinkie Pie- found a special whistle and herded them back home."

Pinkie Pie started jogging on the spot in excitement. "OOH! Just like the parasprites! Only Pikmin!"

"Pik-what?!" Rainbow asked, flying above the pink pony.

"Nevermind..." Pinkie smiled, walking slowly away from the scene. Applejack grabbed her tail before she absconded away.

"We'll be right on it!" Twilight smiled, spreading her wings out triumphantly. "Just..."

She looked back at Spike, who had fallen asleep on the floor.

"... Just give us until morning. I think we all need some sleep."

"Very well." Celestia smiled. "When you're all ready, meet me in Canterlot. I'll try to track down the first of the portals. When I find one, I'll teleport you all there. You will need to make sure nothing escapes our grasp."

The friends nodded in agreement.

"Will do."

"Absolutely."

"Yeah!"

"Um... okay..."

"Hehehehehe!"

"It'll be our pleasure, princess."

Celestia nodded, and Luna started casting a teleportation spell for both of them.

"See you in the morning, then."

And with that, the two were gone.