• Published 6th Oct 2014
  • 637 Views, 13 Comments

Rhapsody in Orange and Black - dramatic_spoon



Nightmare Night with Rhapsody and her friends.

  • ...
1
 13
 637

Closing Time

The old mare lay in her bed, and shivered slightly as the cold wind blew through her house

“Oh how I wish I had some company on this cold, lonely night,” she muttered as she closed her eyes and fell asleep.

At midnight she was awoken with a start by a loud…
THUMP!

Something was on her roof!

The elderly mare huddled beneath her bed sheets as the thumping made its way to the chimney…

“I got a question.” Rhapsody raised a hoof, interrupting the story.

Dinky paused, putting the book down.
“Yes?”

“If the mare’s cold how come she didn’t make a fire? Cause if she got a chimney, she has a fire place right?”

“Because it’s very dangerous to fall asleep with a fire going,” Dinky replied, “If a log rolled out, or if any flaming wood fell out, it could cause her house to burn down.”

“oh.”

“Anyway,” Dinky coughed and returned to the story:

As the thumping made its way to the chimney. She paused in fear, as something struggled into the chimney, and landed in her room with a…

WUMP!

Something had fallen down the chimney!
As the mare huddled under her sheets, something rolled out of the fireplace and hit the wall, near her bed. The mare peeked out from under her sheets and saw a head!

The head opened its eyes and smiled at the mare.

“Wh..why are you here?” she stammered.

“Why? You asked from company.”

“What do you come for?”

“Me?” the head suddenly shot upwards, into the air as a body stumbled out of the fireplace.

“I come for-”

YOU!

Dinky dropped the book and lashed out with her aura, brushing the tip of each foal’s ears. They all screamed in terror and dropped to the ground, trying to protect themselves. After a few moments, they scampered back onto their hooves as Dinky picked her book up and closed it.

“I think that’s enough for tonight,” a creepy smile crawled onto her face, “After all...I’m sure you want to go to bed before midnight.”

“Wh…what’s at midnight?” Tomahawk asked.

“That is a secret.” Dinky’s smile grew, “But that is for another time.”

“Alright then Everypony,” Apple Bloom interrupted, “Why don’t y’all give Dinky a round of applause for tonight’s nightmares?”

Dinky stood up and took a bow as the fillies and colts cheered.

---

“Welp, that went better than last year,” Rumble stated as the group continued down the road.

“Yeah, I don’t know what Dinky was thinkin’ reading them Night of the Dead.” Apple Bloom shook her head.

The group paused in front of Carousal Boutique. The shop’s lights remained on, but no noise came from inside. Apple Bloom frowned and knocked on the door. Big Macintosh answered it.

“Oh, you’re back,” He paused looking back inside, “I reckon you all can sleep over tonight.”

“Why?” Tomahawk and Gem asked in unison.

“Because everypony had a little too much to drink,” He paused, “I’m sure it’ll be alright with all your parents.”

“…Even Lyra?” Apple Bloom asked.

Big Macintosh stepped out of the shop. Lyra laid on his back, giggling uncontrollably.

“’Specially Lyra.”

“Hi Rhapso..Rap..wap…daughter.” Lyra giggled as she looked at Rhapsody, “Hadda good time?”

“I did momma, we saw uncle Flash get turned into a head, we got candy from Missus Bonbon an’ everyone kept talkin’ about Uncle Rumble’s dress.”

“I think Apple Bloom just has a fetish for dressin’ him up like a girl,” Lyra giggled and rolled around on Big Mac’s back.

“I told you th’ stop.” He muttered, “Bloom, you take Rumble and go ahead, get th’ livin’ room set up so they can sleep there.”

“Alright Mac.”

---

Big Macintosh pushed the door open as the foals poured into the living room. Popper, Flash and Slide Rule dumped out their candy onto the floor while Gem and Tomahawk glared at each other.

“Alright you all settle down, I’m gonna put Lyra t’ bed.” The stallion started up the stairs as the mare on his back snored.

“How much did you get?” Tomahawk smugly asked.

“I don’t know I still have to count.” Gem looked into the bag, “Are we counting the toothbrushes Missus Colgate gave us?”

“No,” Tomahawk looked into the bag. “This is a lot more than I thought.”

“Yeah, I don’t think we can co-”

Popper snatched up both bags, weighting them.

“Tomahawk has one hundred and seventy three pieces. So does Gem.” He dropped both bags again, “What are you gonna do if you tie?”

“…I didn’t think about that.” Tomahawk yawned, “I’ll do it in the morning.”

“Hey, you kids better go to sleep,” Apple Bloom smiled, “It’s almost midnight and you know what Miss Dinky said.”

“Night Aunty Apple Bloom.” The six responded, taking off their costumes. The six crawled onto the mattress sheets on the floor and pulled blankets over themselves.

“G’night kids.”

Comments ( 4 )

And it's finished.

Only three days late, so next year I'll be able to pace myself better.
that is, if I do one next year.

Thanks for reading.

“I think Apple Bloom just has a fetish for dressin’ him up like a girl,”

A quick search on derpibooru shows that she's not alone...
derpicdn.net/img/view/2014/10/10/740221__safe_cute_socks_diamond+tiara_crossdressing_rumble_embarrassed_garter_artist-colon-lemon_frills.png

5225900 We all love feminine colts. They are fun to tease, and dressing them up is just the most adorable thing ever. Usually. If you find one, never let'em go. And don't tease them about being feminine, that's never nice. Just tease them how they can't fit into a size 3 instead and watch magic happen. ;3

That was a sweet Slice of Life Nightmare Night story. Dinky tells the best bedtime stories.

Login or register to comment