• Published 4th Oct 2014
  • 2,417 Views, 69 Comments

Blur - lunabrony



Rainbow Dash discovers she's not the fastest being in Equestria, and immediately sets out to correct the error... if she can catch it, that is.

  • ...
9
 69
 2,417

Blurred Finality

"I don't want to do this! You can't make me!"

Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie stood on either side of Twilight, who held a struggling Rainbow Dash over her head via magical aura prison. The pegasus had plenty of room to struggle and move, although the aura formed to her body shape and moved with her. Rainbow had not wanted to come on this last mission willingly, despite being an important part of it, and Twilight had just about had enough of her shenanigans.

"I can and I will," Twilight said. "This bird is driving you crazy with obsession. And I know crazy, I've been there," she said firmly. "We are sending this bird back through the portal and closing it. And we need at least everypony present who opened the portal in order to close it again."

"But I haven't caught it yet!"

"And you're not going to. We are your friends, and we are having an intervention," Twilight demanded, and turned the path corner to the small clearing in the Everfree Forest where the portal sat. "We dealt with that blue spacedog three times because of this, and now your bird. It's caused us nothing but trouble, and I'm shutting it down for good," she said.

"Also so Lunabrony can't use it as a gateway for more crossovers that nobody asked for," Pinkie chimed.

"Uh. Sure, yeah, whatever," Twilight said, frowning.

The quartet reached the inactive but still very much present portal from which so many undesirable things had come.

"Now," Twilight said, "We're going to put down birdseed, and there will be no deviations from the plan. Once the portal is open, rush towards the bird. It will instinctively take the closest escape route, back to exactly where it came from. Now hide, all of you. Fluttershy, seed the portal."

The rest hid, with Rainbow Dash being hidden in bushes against her will, still in the purple aura though she had stopped struggling for the most part. Fluttershy placed birdseed down near the portal, a huge pile of it, and then squeaked back into her hiding place again.

"Now," Twilight said. "The portal is going to be very sensitive when the bird is going through it, more so than usual. So don't anypony move or think of anything, we don't want to accidentally summon any of its friends from the other side."

"I love that song!" Pinkie said suddenly, and all of them looked at her.

"Never mind," the party pony said with a shrug.

"Here it comes!" Twilight announced. "Everypony get ready! Rainbow Dash... behave," she warned. Rainbow's aura disappeared as her horn glowed, but the pegasus remained obediently where she was. A blast of light shone towards the portal, which activated with a humming like a generator, appearing once more as a small door into another world, a tear in the universal fabric.

The bird greedily began pecking at the seed as they all knew it would, oblivious to anything else around it.

Twilight gave a silent count, and they all charged forward in a horseshoe shape towards the same point. The bird gave a final "Meep, Meep!" And bolted into the portal, just as Twilight planned. All four ponies skidded to a halt just inches from each other.

"I'm going to close the portal," Twilight said. "It'll take a few seconds, so don't any of you-"

The wind picked up, quite suddenly, and a dull, distant roaring came from the other side of it. The wind was rising obnoxiously fast, and Twilight was concerned. She'd only barely just begun to close the portal, which shuddered and shook with the resistance of an effort to stay open.

"Empty your heads!" Twilight shouted over the wind. "Empty your heads, don't think of anything! Don't think of-"

The portal sparked into violent activity as it always did when something was about to come through it.

"No!" Twilight yelled. "We weren't... I didn't... I didn't think of anything!" She looked behind her at Fluttershy. "Did you?!"

Fluttershy shook her head.

Twilight glanced at Pinkie. "Did you?"

"My mind is totally blank!" She bounced.

All three of them looked at Rainbow Dash.

"Well I didn't either! I swear!" Rainbow insisted.

"Well someone thought of something!" Twilight yelled now, the wind having picked up to an almost sub-roar.

A split second before the portal closed forever, a violent tornado of force and wind burst through it, spinning and whirling and sending the four ponies running in all different directions, screaming. It stopped spinning only long enough to resembled a furry, hunched over creature filled with teeth and rage, clawing at the air in a confused stupor.

"Blaaaaargh!" It announced, before taking up its tornado appearance again and destructively whirling after the fleeing equines.

Rainbow Dash and Twilight exchanged a glance while running from this monstrous thing.

"If none of us thought of anything, then where the buck did that thing come from?!" Twilight hissed.

"We may never know..." Rainbow replied.

---

Making significant progress for a miniature devilish tornado, the destructive force sped right through the center of town, smashing through the lower wall of Carousel Boutique. Rarity was awake in less than a seconds, her forelegs flailing at a swarm of invisible insects. Her piercing scream was nearly enough to shatter the windows of every building within a ten mile radius.

---

Back at the scorched ground where the portal had closed and sealed itself off from reality, Discord appeared with a wild, toothy grin on his face.

"Ain't I a stinker?" He asked pleasantly, then teleported off again to destinations unknown.

Comments ( 8 )

"Ain't I a stinker?"

Best. Ending. Ever.

Alright, this made me laugh.

Thanks for writing! :rainbowlaugh:

They got rid of one problem just to take on another one.

Discord is the weirdest Bugs Bunny.

KBO.:twilightsmile:

5123391 You. I like you. And I think I'm the only one getting the reference XD

5558230 I'm never going to write a Sonic Crossover, I have higher standards

6340180 It's things like this that made me stop writing, I'm just no good at it. I give up. :ajsleepy:

And here I am thinking of the time Dexter from Dexter's Laboratory was able to successfully catch Road Runner.

Login or register to comment