• Published 7th Sep 2014
  • 422 Views, 7 Comments

The ponypocalypse - BewhoUr



Metal clanged against the ground. Walls shattered before your very eyes. No place was a completely safe place to be at any given time. But can 2 brave ponies stand up? Or will the pressure of two forces leave them crashing down?

  • ...
 7
 422

Now we're way out of town.

The slick rain pelted both of their coats, brushing them down with a flick of their liquid tongues, and the rain swirled around them frantically, blotching the vision of both travelers. The creaking of Rainbow dash's armor against the wind and rain was barely noticeable in the heavy wind, and to be heard you would need to shout. If a changeling approached them in this weather, it would be impossible to see him and they would be rendered defenseless if it wasn't for Dash's quick reflexes. In fact, a couple of the varmints had approached them in the attempt of taking them hostage, but they were left standing completely clueless with a sword-mark in their armor. Neither of the pegasi knew exactly how long they had been walking, slushing their hooves through the boggy mud, but they both knew that they would have to find some shelter soon. Rainbow dash tilted her head towards her companion and saw her shivering noticeable. Rainbow dash's hard gaze softened.

"Gee, I had no idea that the sprinkle would turn into this. Maybe we should stop until this weather lets up." Scootaloo's brightening was highly noticeable as she trotted for a few paces to catch up with the older mare. She smiled, trying to hide the chattering of her teeth.

"Yeah! That sounds good! Unless you want to keep going. Because I can totally do that." Rainbow dash snickered.

"Nah. I could go for a nap myself."

------------------------

Scootaloo was abruptly awoken by a rattling sound outside the dumpster. They had been lucky to find the old, cracked, smelly shelter, because it seemed like heaven seeing that they had been traveling in the cold rain for what seemed to be hours. Even though the occasional leak or dead fly bothered their rest, it was mostly a nice place to reside. What a dumpster was doing so far from any civilization or town, they couldn't figure out. They guessed it may have been stranded and left to be whisked away by the wind. And seeing how powerful the wind was, it seemed that was a likely cause. Either way, it was there, and it was a welcome sight. Now Scootaloo twitched an ear. She heard something, she was sure of it. Something out hereā€¦ that could only be a changeling! Scootaloo crawled over to the farther back corner where a cyan pegasi was sleeping peacefully, gentle snores escaping her muzzle.

"Psst! Rainbow dash!" The mare appeared not to have heard Scootaloo's worried whispers, for she continued to slumber. Growing more worried, Scootaloo nudged her fearfully. "RAINBOW DASH!" She whispered more loudly, in feeble hopes to awake the pegasi without disturbing whatever was outside. Rainbow dash delivered no response. Scootaloo flashed her eyes to the entrance of the green dumpster, her throat tightening as a steely black muzzle flashed at the swinging door. The fearful filly backed to the corner of the dumpster, next to Rainbow dash who still refused to let the dream world slip away. Sweat began to run down Scootaloo's face as she fumbled desperately at Dash's shoulder. "Wake up wake up wake up!" She said, her voice inclining to a slightly pitched whine. When no response was given, Scootaloo was left with one choice.

------------------------------

"I still can't believe you beat those three changelings. And all by yourself!" Scootaloo blushed slightly at her unofficial sisters praise and she held her head high. The sun was beaming, their coats almost dry from last nights suffocating dampness of the rain and dumpster. Dash's armor now housed some rust, and Scootaloo had been scratched by one of the changelings needle sharp wings. But they both came out of the little "adventure" alive and well, so everything was A-OK. Their only problem would be lack of food. It had been a while since the last destroyed town (These usually housed bits and pieces of scattered food, and though they would usually have to be fought for, they were worth it to weary travelers) and they were both getting fairly hungry. But hopes were high, seeing that (by scanning the map) they were drawing closer to Queen Chrysalis's castle. Rainbow dash looked around and saw a bit of changeling armor stranded in a lonely fashion in the dirt.

"We're getting closer to the town. One things for sure- we're not in Kansas anymore."

"What's Kansas?"

"Oh- hehe, sorry. We're not in Ponyville anymore."

"Well thats pretty obvious. We left Ponyville day before yesterday!"

"I know but- never mind."

Author's Note:

Finally got the new chapter out. Hope you guys like it!

Comments ( 1 )

4th wall break was cute.

I felt the suspense in this chapter which was awesome the small scene with scootaloo was well done.

The fight scene skipped seemed a little out of place but some prefer to skip fight scenes as some prefer to write them.:twilightsheepish:

It worked eithier way lol.

I love Scootaloos character in this fic as well as dash and hope to see more soon.:rainbowwild::twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment