• Published 25th Oct 2015
  • 1,085 Views, 13 Comments

Buttons society - Furious Thestral



Buttons addiction to games have taken him away from social life, but what if destiny gives him something better than a simple game? what if his life can be the biggest game ever?

  • ...
3
 13
 1,085

So little progress

Button and Love Tap began their day with a breakfast, the one thing that did enjoy Button was the what contained in his plate in this fine hour. "You won't leave the table until you eat all your cupcakes, dear" Button's mother reminded him, making sure his little colt eat all of his food for his new day.

"No mom, I won't forget" replied the little one as he tried to contain his laughter of his mothers words, enjoying how she was now behaving.

three days have passed since he found HYPNO-05 and from all that time he had been using it to alter the perception of common sense of his mother in many ways that even made her believe that the consumption of sweets would help his growth and that playing video games will help him in his concentration and reflexes.

"Now then Button better brush your teeth and to also get ready to for school today" said his mother with a smile as she picked up the plates from the table and to the sink, in order to wash them.

"Okay mom" replied the little colt as he rushed upstairs to brush his teeth and prepare himself for school, after all he still needed to take be present during school days.

Carrying his saddlebags filled with his pencils, notepads, books and his little video game, Button Mash returned downstairs at the living room. "Bye mom, I'll see you after school!" the little colt trotted to the door and rushed towards the school.

"Good bye sweetie, see you later!" Love Tap waved goodbye to her son, watching her little colt rush to school before she returned back to clean the house.

Button was so happy but the more he walked away from his home more annoyed he became that he wouldn't be playing with his games nor with his mother's mind. But thankfully the weekend was close and two days of rest will be of pure fun and games for the colt and his companion robot.

Once close to the school Button noticed the bell rang and the other foals were soon rushing inside to take place in their seats, the colt soon rushed, not wanting to be the last one inside and take his place in the same spot in the furthest corner, behind Ruffle Truffle and next to Rumble and tried to focus on today's lesson.

Until he zoned out rather quickly and began to drift away in his thoughts and games and his most recent, and favorite, topic HYPNO-05 the mind controlling machine. I was truly something he has been wondering to know where did it came from and why it was abandoned in the park but every time he asked these questions to the robot the machine was unable to answer properly or was didn't know either.

The brown colt was mildly concerned with the possibility of one day a stallion walking directly to the door and reclaiming HYPNO back and the inevitable event of returning it back and his fun would be soon over.

"Button? Button Mash, are you paying attention?" The question made the colt snap out of his thoughts and soon noticed that Cherilee and his other classmates were observing him. "You better be writing this down on your notebooks for it will be in the test for next week." the statement was received by a chorus of groans by the other students as they returned to look at the front of the room to resume their lesson.

Button simply nodded and pulled out his pencil and began to write down what his teacher dictated but it was once again short lived as everything around him became white noise once more and he was back on the idea of possibly confronting the owner of the machine, which could be beneficial for him if he manages to use the mind controlling powers to subdue the unknown pony and let him enjoy his fun more permanently.

"Button Mash!" Cheerilee shouted, causing Button to snap awake, once again, from his thoughts and noticed an angry looking teacher, giving him a tern look at him. "It's the second time I call you out, do you want to be seated in the front line like last time?" She warned walking closer to him.

The few snickers that Button heard from the other foals around him could tell how embarrassed he felt by the threat her teacher gave him and that he much likely wanted to avoid said humiliation, "no, Miss Cheerilee." He groaned, keeping his eyes on his desk.

The teacher gave a firm nod and returned back to her desk, leaving the other students back to their studies. Al except for Button Mash who was currently grinding his teeth, not liking the fact that his teacher had just scolded him not only once but twice in the same day.

He would love to have Miss Cheerilee on the floor and kiss his hooves while saying how sorry she was for telling him what to do but he soon decided against it, not liking the idea of him being some sort of overlord that would just abuse his powers to himself and becoming the target of others that might oppose him in any way.

But soon enough the bell of the school rang waking Button from his daydreaming and noticed that the little foals began to rush out of the school carrying their saddles to go back home. He also rushed to collect his belongings and rushed out to the door, ignoring the farewells that Cheerilee gave to him and the other foals that had already left.

Button rushed as quickly as he could just to be back to his home where he could just wade out the stress of school and enjoy the time playing videogames and havng his mother serve him more pastries to eat.

"Isn't he in such a hurry..." Rumble watched Button leave, the sarcasm was clear in her voice while Skeedaddle and Featherweight joined the grey pegasus.

"Never seen him running that fast," Featherweight added, watching what little she could notice from Button's trail. "Must be of a new game he bought?"

Rumble was slightly annoyed that Button has been avoiding them often and never told them for what reason behind his lack of presence, "It's been what, three days since he rushed to his home directly from school?" He grumbled while kicking a pebble out of his way. "He doesn't even spare a glance at us anymore."

The three walk together down the streets of the town and decided to ignore their brown friend for the moment, though it wasn't too long that they talked back about Button, "You think he's planning something for Sweetie Belle? Button I mean." Skeedalddle asked, knowing how much Button had been eyeing the white filly for so long. Rumble scoffed at his suggestion as he went from a simple walk to a trot.

"Oh puh-lease! That boy would never do something for Sweetie Belle, much less talk to her even if they are locked in the same room." Rumble complained, giving a roll of his eyes. "he just goes all dreamy and goes all deep sighing." The grey pegasus was fumbling in complaints as he marched a bit faster.

"Wow, you sure have a grudge against him, do you?" Pipsqueak wondered, surprised by how much Rumble had complained about, and offered his hoof on Rumble's back. "Why don't we take it easy on Button and go for some ice cream, my treat." He invited happily.

The grey pegasus took a deep breath and eased his frustrations and finally smiled, "yeah, that sounds like a good idea," he agreed as the group of colts soon walked to the other part of the street.

~~~***~~~

The Doctor was busy reading today's report and his frown grey in irritation, "This is useless!" He shouted throwing away the papers and slamming his hooves on the desk of his office. "Three days. Three days and this the report of his doing with my machine!?" He shouted while scratching his mane in frustration.

From the other side of the desk were Mercury and Sentinel watched in mid concern of the anger of their boss, cautiously taking step forward with a report in their hooves. "Doctor, please allow us to retrieve the unit and let us finish with this joke." Mercury offered, walking closer to the desk, looking expectantly to her boss to wait for his approval.

The stallion was focused on the other papers on his desk and fumbled them apart to search for anything that could be of use for him, "there should be something I can use to convince this foal to exploit the machine properly," he mumbled lifting each and one of the papers to inspect them closer. "Colts these days have no ambition nor desire of their own nowadays and they just seem to be focused on goofing around." He continued on until he read the contents of a paper and his frown soon morphed into a smile as he lay down the file and crossed his hooves in thought.

Sentinel and Mercury walked closer to inspect the file for themselves and watched in confusion, "who is she?" Asked Sentinel waching the photo of a white filly, Mercury joining on her side to watch the photo along.

"She will be the piece to make our test subject to exploits the uses of the power he carries with him," the Doctor said, leaning closer to his two accolades. "Investigate her get me some information I can use to obtain her as a perfect pawn." He ordered to the two mares as he watched them leave quickly.

"Things will now get interesting..." He mumbled, standing up from his seat and walking out of his office to be ready to make his move.

Comments ( 1 )

and here I thought that there was going to be a bit more to make his life much easier, than cupcakes and video games. I like the shift away from controlling every pony

Login or register to comment