• Published 6th Aug 2014
  • 708 Views, 12 Comments

Antimatter - MrPengu1n



Discord gets bored, so he makes a new planet. Except, he makes everything backwards, flipped around, reflected, complementary. He calls it, "Antiequestria". Isn't it glorious?

  • ...
0
 12
 708

Antirainbow Dash, pt 1

Rainbow Dash zipped through the air, her panic steadily rising as she dashed across the skies of Antiponyville. "Where is it, where is it?" she shrieked to herself, searching for her beloved and totally awesome cloud home, which should have been floating somewhere above the town, but in this backwards place, it wasn't.

Rainbow Dash, however, wasn't thinking backwards, and so she continued to circle the town, searching for the opposite of her home.

After unmistakably not finding it for several units of time, she banked towards the ground and slammed into it, hooves planted firmly into the antidirt and grunting and huffing angrily. "That house was almost as awesome as me!" she shouted angrily.

Her abrupt and shockwave-inducing landing had startled a nearby antipony, who was sitting on a bench with his face hidden behind a newspaper, glancing carefully at Rainbow Dash every now and then.

Rainbow noticed him staring and whipped around to face him, "You!" she shouted, "Have you seen a cloud house floating above town? Looks totally awesome, like me? Rainbows raining from the garden?" she described, using her hooves to mold an air shape of her home for descriptive purposes.

The antipony carefully lowered his newspaper, staring nervously at Rainbow and shaking his head quickly before hiding again.

Rainbow was puzzled by his demeanor. Was he trying to ignore her or something? Her? But she was so awesome! She immediately zipped closer and batted the newspaper out of the way, "Hey! Speak up! I'm looking for my house, here, you could at least help me out!"

The antipony immediately drew his legs up to his chest protectively, leaning away from Rainbow as she was increasingly and uncomfortably close to him. "S-sorry," he stuttered quietly, "I j-, I d-, sorry, I d-don't know what you're t-talking about," he said near inaudibly, trying to look away from the piercing pink eyes staring through his soul.

Rainbow's brow furrowed indignantly, "You some kind of wimp or something?" she asked, looking the antipony up and down, "What's you're name, anyhow?"

The antistallion was smaller than rainbow, though he also looked a bit thicker, softer. He had bright orange fur, and his mane was several different shades of grey, ranging from almost pure black to a single bright white forelock. He was wearing a rather large pair of glasses, which he adjusted repeatedly, "I-I'm, uh," he replied carefully, "A-Antirainbow D-Dash."

Rainbow's ears fell. Her eyes shrunk to pinpricks.

She then suddenly shoved at Antirainbow, pushing herself away from him, "Whaddya mean, Antirainbow!" she shrieked, her voice cracking, "You're such a wimp! You can't be the opposite of me!"

Antirainbow sat huddled up on the bench, "T-Technically it could make sense," he reasoned, "You're obviously really, y-you know, outgoing, and...strong, so...you know," he shrugged, "I'm not."

Rainbow slapped her hoof to her forehead at his usage of the word 'technically', "Oh no, don't tell me," she wailed, "You're an egghead too?!"

That made Antirainbow smile, and he pushed his glasses back up on his nose, "I-I like to think so, yeah," he answered sheepishly, "I'm a little bit of an antiscientist."

Rainbow fell to the ground, her hooves flapping about defeatedly while making several incoherent grunts, "Ughhhh, this can't be happening," she whined. She suddenly planted her hooves on the ground and stared intensely at the orange sky above her, "When I find Discord again, I'm gonna sock him one for making this wimpy knockoff of me!" she vowed, holding her hoof high threateningly.

Antirainbow folded up his newspaper and hopped off the bench, "Good luck with that," he wished quietly, sidling away slowly.

Rainbow immediately got up and snatched Antirainbow by the cuff of his neck, effortlessly flinging him onto her back, "Oh no you don't," Rainbow warned, "You're coming with me,"

Antirainbow tried weakly to push off, but Rianbow held him tightly in place. After a few moments he gave up struggling and bargained, "Can I at least walk beside of you? This is embarrassing."

"Good! Be embarrassed!" Rainbow scolded, "It'll toughen you up!" But, being the least bit merciful, Rainbow allowed him to slide off her back.

He happily obliged and began walking beside her, "Thank you," he ceded quietly.

"Shut up," Rainbow welcomed.

They walked in silence for a few moments, Rainbow's eyes scanned the area intensely, searching for Discord or whoever else to sock one. Antirainbow watched her, looking away every time rainbow looked his way.

Rainbow suddenly started, "Hold on! Why are we walking?" she wondered aloud, unfurling her wings, "You're me, so you should have these! Let's fly!"

"Um," Antirainbow responded, glancing at his back. Rainbow looked and saw that in place of two wings, instead Antirainbow was sporting a pair of fins, with long, shiny scales that melded into his fur instead of feathers.

"What the hay are those?" Rainbow shouted, "Aren't you supposed to be a Pegasus?"

"Antipegasus," Antirainbow corrected, "We swim...we don't fly. Speaking of, where did you get those wings?" he asked inquisitively, "Did they develop naturally or are they some form of artificial add-on? Because the rest of your body resembles an Antiearth pony, perhaps-"

"Hey!" Rainbow interrupted, "No eggheadedness allowed when you're with somepony as qwesome as me," she announced.

Antirainbow opened his mouth curiously, then shut it again.

Rainbow nodded and continued on. "I guess we'll walk, then," she conceded, sighing loudly. Suddenly, a thought struck her. "Please, please tell me, you're at least the fastest swimmer in Antiequestria, right?"

"I can't swim,"

Rainbow sighed even louder.

Comments ( 2 )

I thought the Mane 6 might have opposite Elements, but I'm glad that's not the case.

I'd rather Anti-AJ be lazy than a Liar, Anti-Fluttershy be brash rather than cruel & Anti- RD be meek rather than traitorous. Anti-Pinkie appears to be the exemplar of Anti-Friendship, so I'm guessing Anti-Rarity will be a badly-dressed slob & Anti-Twilight will be illiterate dropout.

4928338 not too far off on your predictions!
I might have to put a little spin on it, then :raritywink:
and yeah, when I set out to write I purposefully didn't make the Anti's opposing elements, because I thought that would be lazy, and I also wanted to make them seem like actual, plausible characters. You know, in their own way :trollestia: not just Discorded Rule 63's with complementary color schemes, but with their own personalities too

Login or register to comment