• Published 24th Jul 2014
  • 3,316 Views, 85 Comments

My Little Smash Bros: Clashing Worlds - supermariosoniclover



Something has gone wrong in the worlds of Equestria and the Smash Bros. Universe, and the worlds are starting to connect together. Can the Mane Six, along with the help of new allies put a stop to this before it is too late?

  • ...
10
 85
 3,316

Chapter 17 - Search Party

Twilight and crew are seen staring wide-eyed at the now merged Mega City and Pacopolis. Twilight and the others wanted some answers to how this happened.


"What happened to Pacopolis?"


Twilight said, still trying to get over the shock of 2 worlds merging. Pit put his finger under his chin in thought.


"It’s almost exactly like what happened in the first chapter."


Everyone except Pit, Dark Pit, and Palutena looked at Pit with a weird expression. Palutena ignored the reactions, and attempted to explain their current situation.


"Except it seems the dimensional rifts are getting stronger and stronger now. More bits and pieces of worlds are coming together and I don’t think it’s going to stop any time soon."


Over on Mega City, Dr. Light could be found frantically running back and fourth in his lab in panic, unsure of what to do.


"This is bad. Really bad!"


Roll however, noticed that they weren't the only ones aware of the situation.


"You guys, look at the TV! This is all over the news!"


Roll pointed her finger towards the TV and everyone began to watch. They could see from some cameras that citizens of Mega City were running about in panic. Shortly after, a news reporter came on.


"An earthquake of unknown origin has just caused an uproar in Mega City and objects seem to be appearing out of thin air. In the midst of the chaos, there appears to be a group of small multi-coloured horses, a young child in a striped shirt wearing a red cap and a backpack, and some other creatures which we’ve yet to identify. More on this story as it develops."


They showed a group of these "creatures" that seemed to be running towards something, as if they were trying to find something.


Applejack nearly jumped up in excitement after seeing what looked like her and Pinkie's friends.


"Wait a minute. Did y’all see that? That looked like Twilight and the others!"


"You mean they’re here? But who are those guys with them?"


Pinkie was more than thrilled to see her friends again, however most of the guys with Twilight weren't familiar to her, AJ, or the CMC.


"Maybe they’re all from different worlds like you guys."


Mega Man stated since that was a common thing going on as of late. Dr. Light seemed to agree with him.


"That would make the most sense."


Proto Man stood leaned up against a wall with his arms crossed.


"So what do we do now?"


"I suggest everyone split up into groups and see if they can find Twilight and the others."


Peach clasped her hands together in delight to Dr. Light's plans.


"That’s a great idea! Mario, Luigi, and Starlow. You’re with me. Isabelle, you go with Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo and Villager."


Mega Man stood beside Proto Man and put his hand on his shoulder as a friendly gesture.


"I’ll go with Proto Man. Roll, you’re with Pinkie Pie."


"Then it’s settled. You’ll all scout a different part of the city. I’m giving you these intercoms so you can communicate with me in case any of you see something odd. Good luck to all of you, and be safe!"


Back over on Pacopolis, a news report is also going on, with Twilight and the others watching from a giant TV found on a building. You could see a blue round shaped character giving the report.


"Just as Pac-Man saved our city from yet another ghost attack, a mysterious earthquake caused terror in Pacopolis as unknown objects started appearing out of thin air. We don’t know what the cause of this is, but—wait a second, there seems to be a glimpse of what looks like small horses and—"


Twilight ignored anything else said after seeing images of what looked to be her missing friends.


"*gasp* Is that…Applejack, and Pinkie Pie?"


Rainbow Dash flew up to the screen to get a closer look. The figures found on it definitely resembled that of Applejack and Pinkie Pie. They have finally found out where they are!


"It is! We found them!"


"So those are the rest of your friends?"


Twilight nodded at Pac-Man with a bright smile. She couldn't wait to reunite with them.


"That’s right."


"It must be fate that brought your friends in this location. I suggest we start searching. But we need to split up into groups to cover more ground. Viridi, can you give Dark Pit the Power of Flight?"


Viridi winked and thumbed up at the Goddess of Light.


"You know it!"


Cyli and Spiral grabbed their hover boards out of their pockets so they could assist in the search from a higher altitude.


"Spiral and I will use our hover boards to soar the skies too."


The friendly group of ghosts flew over, wanting to help them as well.


"We’ll help too!"


Blinky exclaimed.


"Any friend of Packums is a friend of ours! We’ll help in any way we can."


Pinky winked at Pac-Man, to which he simply scratched the back of his head in response.


Ness however, started to sense something. Perhaps another being that had mastered PSI techniques like he has!


"!!"


"Ness, what’s wrong?"


Twilight looked over at the young boy.


"I think I’m picking up a PSI reading."


"Can you tell where it’s coming from?"


Ness focused his energy into finding a location of the reading. It ended up leading him towards the hedge maze.


"I think so. It seems to be coming from that hedge maze."


Pac ran over to Ness. Mazes were his speciality after all.


"I’ll help you look there. Mazes are kinda my thing."


"Thanks."


Sir Cumference smiled at the group.


"So it’s settled. Everyone will scout a different part of Pacopolis to cover more ground and find Twilight’s friends."


"Pit, if anything happens, just contact me."


Pit did a salute sign towards Palutena.


"Yes, Lady Palutena!"


They all went their seperate ways in search for their friends. Pac-Man was the one leading the pack towards the hedge maze, as he was the one most familiar with it.


"Well, here we are. The Hedge Maze. I know my way around it, so stay behind me and we won’t get lost."


Pac turns his intercom on to talk to Spiral.


"Spiral, how are you and Cyli doing?"


Spiral looked down at his wrist.


"So far, nothing yet. But we’ll keep looking."


Cyli however, noticed something and shook Spiral to get his attention.


"Spiral, look! Down there! Those guys were on the news with Twilight’s friends."


Spiral looked at his intercom again.


"Pac, we found someone!"


"Great! I’ll let Twilight know, right away!"


With Mario, Luigi, Peach and Starlow, they were also noticing the the figures not too far from them. Starlow tried to fly in as close as possible to get a better view, without being spotted.


"Heads up, Mario!"


Peach looked towards the weird looking figures.


"Who are those guys?"


"They kinda look like those figures we saw on the news."


Peach calmly started walking to the pair.


"It’s ok, everyone. Let’s just be friendly."


Mario, Luigi and Starlow followed closely behind, with Cyli and Spiral walking towards their group. Once they were united, Cyli was the first one to speak.


"Hi, sorry to bother you. But we’re looking for someone. Does the name ‘Twilight Sparkle’ mean anything to you?"


Peach gasped in surprise.


"Yes. It does! Have you seen her?"


Spiral chuckled slightly.


"We met her actually."


The princess smiled happily.


"That’s fantastic news! I’ll let Dr. Light know that we got a lead!"


Meanwhile down in the Netherworld, Lord Betrayus' servant butt-ler, had come to see the ghost overlord.


"Lord Betrayus, sir. One of our slug cams has found the Pac-Man. He and his new friends seem to be in the hedge maze."


Betrayus grinned menacingly and rubbed his hands together.


"Oooh! Splendid! I say we give the Pac-Brat a little surprise!"


The ghost then began laughing evilly.


Back in the Hedge Maze, Ness, Pac-Man and Twilight were walking to their way to Cyli and the others, when Ness could feel the same PSI reading from before, but it was even stronger now. They must be close to it!


"!!"


"What is it this time, Ness?"


Ness began focusing his energy once more. He could feel the strength of it.


"I can feel it getting stronger, but I have a bad feeling about this."


Suddenly a barrage of ghosts appear and ambush Pac-Man and co.


"Uh oh."


The group were surronded with barely any options for them to take. Twilight tried firing some spells at them but it only slightly pulled them back a little bit, causing a minor annoyance towards the ghosts.


"Pac, can’t you use your power berries?"


"Oh yeah. I almost forgot about them."


Pac-Man pulled out his canister where he stores power berries, but to which he found that none were filled in there. He face palmed at himself.


"I also forgot to refill the canister. We've gotta get out of here before things get rough!"


Ness was trying his best to hold the ghosts off with his PSI abilities.


"But can’t you just eat them normally."


"Yeah, but if I had my Power Berries, it would go by a lot easier."


Pac's intercom then turned on, showing Sir Cumference looking concerned.


"Pac. What’s going on out there?"


Pac turned towards his intercom with a panicked looking expression on his face.


"It’s Betrayus’ army. They’ve got us surrounded and I’m out of Power Berries!"



"No problem! I’ll send Spiral and Cylindria your way. Just stay put!"


The 2 big ghosts leading the pack started grinning with an evil expression, and started floating around and taunting Pac-Man.



"Looks like you got nowhere to run, Pac-Man!"



"Even with your Power Berries, it’d take a lot more than those to stop us!"


The ghosts began to laugh while still taunting the group.



"Ness, do you think you can use your powers?"



"I’ll try. Cover your eyes! PK Flash!"


Ness focused all his energy into creating a giant green spark of energy, and blasted it in the ghosts faces.



"Aaah! What’s this blinding light?"



"Now’s our chance! Run!"


The group ran away from the pack of ghosts as fast as their feet could take them. The big ghosts and the pack they were leading recovered from the blinding light.



"They’re getting away! After them!"


The 2 big ghosts and the army began to chase after Twilight and co.



"Pac, which way do we go?"


Pac-Man looked around at all the different paths the group could take. He was having a difficult time figuring out a path himself...



"Left. Or was it right? Huh. This hardly ever happens. Usually, I know my way around this place."


Twilight didn't want to wait any longer however. The group of ghosts were gaining on them, and fast!



"Well we should pick, and fast! Those ghosts are gonna catch up to us any moment now!"



"Then we go left!"


Pac-Man pointed his finger to the path to the left. However they shortly found out that they ended up running to a dead end. That can't be good...



"Oh no! It’s a dead end!"



"Quick! Go back before—"


But before the group had a chance, the ghosts had found them once again.



"End of the line!"


Twilight turned her head towards Ness.



"Ness, use PK Flash again."


Ness attempted to use PK Flash on the ghosts, but he had already drained his energy.



"I can’t. I’m all drained out."


Twilight went wide-eyed and started to sweat.



"So do we just wait for them to catch us?"


The ghosts slowly began advancing onto the group with menacing smiles.



"I’m gonna enjoy this! No escaping this time, Pac-Man!"


Suddenly out of nowhere, a voice could be heard.



"PK Thunder!"



The ghosts out of nowhere, got electrocuted by a massive ball of electricity. They were knocked down, but not out just yet.



"What was that?"



"I bet the kid did this!"


The ghosts were getting frustrated, and nearly attacked Ness.



"No I didn’t!"


Ness flailed his arms in protest, with the ghosts folding their arms with a scowl in response.



"Yeah right! Who else but you can do that?"


The voice was then heard again.


"I can! PK Freeze!"



Before the ghosts could do anything, they were all frozen in solid ice. Another young boy with blonde hair made his way over to the pair. Ness had a shocked expression on his face. He seems to know this boy somehow.



"I can’t believe it. It’s you!"



"You can thank me later, now let’s get out of here!"



The group, along with the newcomer ran out of the hedge-maze before the ghosts could break out of the ice, or more ghosts could arrive.



"It’s been a long time! How’ve you been?"



"I’ve been doing great, thanks!"


The two boys smiled and hi-fived each other.



"Wait a minute. Do you two know each other?"


Ness smiled at Twilight and nodded. He then remembered the PSI reading from earlier, and turned back towards the boy.



"Oh yeah! I just remembered! So that PSI reading was actually you?"



"Yep."


Twilight gave a curious look towards the young lad.



"So who are you exactly?"



"My name is Lucas. A voice led me to find you."


Ness sweat-dropped



"Good thing you did."


Pac-Man was happy that they were managing to find who they were looking for, and that they were out of danger.



"Looks like our friends are here!"


Pac-Man's intercom then turned on showing Spiral.



"Yo, Pac, what happened in there?"



"I’ll explain everything when we get back to Sir C’s lab."


Cyli poked her head over to the intercom.



"Actually, that’s what we’re here about. Twilight, we have something to show you!"



The group made their way over to a place called Mega City. Twilight looked around at all the futuristic looking buildings.



"What is this place?"



"It’s called Mega City. Well, here we are."


Twilight turned towards Cyli.



"What did you want to show me?"


Spiral laughed and patted Twilight on the back in a friendly manner.



"We just thought you’d like to know we found your friends!"


Out of nowhere, Pinkie Pie jumped in front of Twilight, with confetti shooting out of her party cannon.



"Surprise!"




To Be Continued

Author's Note:

Yah. This story hasn't been the best in terms of updating it frequently. Rest assured though, things will begin looking up. I am now no longer in college, which gives me a lot more time to work on this story, so hopefully delays won't be an issue from this point on. We'll see. Me and SuperNintendoGameboy have also been discussing plot points way ahead of the story, so we hopefully won't be running into writers block anytime soon. Our original chapter goal was 25 or so, but that will most likely be surpassed. Regardless of such, we definitely have some exciting things planned for the future of this story!

Comments ( 6 )
Comment posted by Lermanator deleted Aug 25th, 2016

When the next chapter

7510713 I'll try to get it sorted soon. I'm really sorry for the wait! It comes down to both laziness and being busy with a traineeship and work experience for the past 2 and a half months. ^^' I just need to organise the text if you will. The editing was all done by SuperNintendoGameboy.

I was just wondering when the next chapter will be up, not to be rude or pushy it's been a while just wondering.

Hey guys it's been a while hasn't it? Well, I'm sorry to keep you guys in the dark for so long, but I'm afraid Xavier (SuperNintendoGameboy) and I have decided to cancel this fic. We just aren't as into MLP as we used to be, and the drive to keep this going has long since vanished. Our interests have sort of just drifted off elsewhere, and this story will unfortunately be discontinued from this point on. If you feel like you want to continue this story on your own, then be my guest. Otherwise for us, we're done, and probably won't be coming back to this site anytime soon again, if ever. If you wish to follow me elsewhere, here are some links you can check out:

My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEU7fmjve4zStGJCzdfy_-g?view_as=subscriber
Invite to my Discord server: https://discord.gg/aWYVwBu
My Twitter: https://twitter.com/smslakaharry?lang=en-gb
Group Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDHfeDJaKdW6cBeavFYb9Kw

Anywho, see you guys around!

Login or register to comment