• Published 18th Jul 2014
  • 908 Views, 22 Comments

New Life - Mydnyt Rayn



Octavia lost a chance in the Canterlot Fair and left Canterlot to clear her mind. But she can't go back. Not yet.

  • ...
1
 22
 908

Chapter 7

"Show me the way to go home...

This Octavia said, slightly stumbling along the road.

I'm tired and I wanna go to bed...

Vinyl joined in, stumbling next to Octavia,following only the light of the street lamps to get them somewhere.

WE HAD A LITTLE DRINK ABOUT AN HOUR AGO!

The pair just stumbled along the barren road, sing to their heart's content. If anything, the two had way more hard apple cider than the regulars they sat with. It seemed stupid, but Vinyl had challenged her to do it...


"Come on Tavi! Just one more!" Vinyl cheered drunk to her friend. Octavia only drank three shots, but was a pony who couldn't hold their alcohol. Just one shot made her tipsy, the other two, full on drunk, only now being challenged by the white unicorn to drink a fourth. She shakily put the orange-brown liquid to her muzzle and tipped it to her mouth, downing the shot.

"Ye*hic*ah!" Vinyl slurred. The earth pony smiled lopsidedly and set the glass down and looked to the drunk unicorn. "We got go home now" she said, fumbling with the right words. She set some bits on the counter and dragged her unicorn friend off her seat before she had the oppertunity to pass out... again. The walked to the streets and wander towards home. That's when they started singing.



OK, maybe not as much as the regular's, but Octavia really couldn't hold her alcohol. The pair kept walking and singing while trying to find their way home.

I had a little drink about an hour ago and it went right to my head!

Octavia looked at a street sign and became confused. She didn't recognize the name. She looked around. None of the buildings looked like the one's near the hotel she stayed at. She looked at her friend who had opened a door on a nearby house and walked in. Octavia stummbled after her and walke in as well. She had never seen the house before but Vinyl walked through it like memory. She followed her friend up a flight of stairs and into a room when the unicorn facepanted onto the bed at the end. Octavia coud soon hear snoring and asumed the unicorn had fallen asleep. Octavia just smied and walked over to pull the blanket over her friend.... bofre she remembered she was drunk, tired, and queasy, the earth pony passed out on top of her friend.

~~~

Octavia woke to the bright rayos of the sun leaking through the curtained window, as she had gotten used to waking up to in her hotel room. She went to sit up to stretch but found herself trapped. She looked down to her waist and found Vinyl with her front legs wrapped around her, her head resting on the earth pony's belly. Then Octavia looked around the room and was caught off gaurd as it was not her hotel room, but Vinyl' bedroom. The unicorn muttered something in her sleep while Octavia tried to recount what had happened the nght before.

She almost gave up when she caught the smell of apple's when the unicorn yawned. That's when she remembered. The walk home from Pinkie's party, the question about drnking, the three shots and one extra as a challenge, singing a song of some sort, looking at how cute Vinyl looked when she was asleep... She shook the thought from her mind. Not today, brain, Octavia thought. But how did she end up in the same bed as Vinyl?

Vinyl stirred in her sleep and let go of Octavia, slowly sitting up and rubbing her eyes. She looked at her friend and smiled. "Hey, Tavi."

"Uh, good morning," was all Octavia could say.

"Mmm," Vinyl looked at her room, then her bed, then Octavia and went wide eyed. "D-did we sleep together?" she muttered.

Octavia's cheeks felt hot. "Um...Y-yes."

Vinyl sat there for a second. "Hmm. Your really soft."

Octavia blused even harder and Vinyl started laughing. "Your funny, Octy. want to get something to eat?"

Octavia rubbed her forehead and nodded shakily. "Y-yeah, sure." She could tell already that today would be really eventful.

Author's Note:

Welp, here's chapter 7. Sorry for the short one this time, I have a little writer's block. Anyway's, I will get to work on the next chapter as soon as I can and I'll see you all soon!

Mydnyt Rayn

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment