• Published 1st Jul 2014
  • 864 Views, 20 Comments

Finding Peace - bakersong



I wasn't happy with my life by a long shot, but I wasn't so unhappy I would kill myself. But then why am I laying here with a knife beside me, and my wrist cut open? Was my depression really that bad? And what is that laughter in my head?

  • ...
13
 20
 864

Waking Up?

I watched the door patiently for my former student and fellow princess to arrive with her assistant. Though I could feel the awkwardness of the quiet room as we waited, and I was almost glad when Twilight finally did show up. Though she looked very disgruntled, probably from having to fill out the reports that was sent to her a few days ago.

"Princess Celestia, I'm so sorry I'm late. I just had to wrap up the court case real fast." Twilight said.

"It's fine Twilight, I hope you were well informed with what happened and why I asked you to come here?" I ask, knowing if she wasn't it would most likely make her even more stressed.

"Um, well I know some of the new guards attacked another creature with deadly force without probable cause." Twilight answered, her ears folded.

"That is correct, and I would like you to meet this creature. Though meet is used lightly since he hasn't regained consciousness yet." I said, nodding my head towards the bed making Twilight look and she gave a shocked gasp.

"This is horrible, why would they do this?" Twilight asked, and I could see a little anger in her eyes.

"They claimed he was attacking citizens of Ponyville causing panic. But many witness say that when he showed up, he didn't try to attack anypony but the panic came from the ponies themselves. They were only authorized to stun and capture him if he decided to run, in which in perfect understanding he did try to run out of panic. Though if he came willingly no force would have been necessary, but that didn't excuse them from nearly killing this poor human." I said.

"Has my brother been informed of this?" Twilight asked.

"Yes he has, and I have summoned him to Canterlot in a weeks time." I replied. "Oh, and this is Rose. She was there when he first arrived and witnessed the attack, and she is the one who managed to save him from being beaten even more." At that, Twilight looked at the mare and smiled.

"Hey Rose, long time no see. So, you saw everything that happened when he first came into Ponyville?" Twilight asked.

"Yeah, I did and it wasn't a pretty sight." Rose answered, making Twilight nod in understanding.

"Rose has agreed to take him when he is well enough to leave the hospital until he is well enough." I said, making Twilight give me a confused look.

"He could have stayed at the castle here, I mean I have plenty of room in it." Twilight said.

"I know, but she came here and me and Luna already asked her if it was alright." I said.

"Yes, oh by the way, where is Spike?" Luna asked.

"He's helping Rarity with a dress order for Fancy Pants store," Twilight replied. "So, he's staying at your place for now huh? Is there anything you want me to do?"

"Make sure the citizens of Ponyville know the situation and know he is no danger, and make him feel welcome. He has been through a lot already since arriving, and I feel when he wakes up he will most likely be terrified." I answer, making Twilight nod. "Also, I would like you to speak to the head of the guard here yourself. I believe he may have a few things to say to the local princess."

"What kind of things?" Twilight asked.

"Mostly complaints about the treatment of his new recruits," I answered.

"Okay, well do you know when he's going to wake up? Or even what language he speaks?" Twilight asked.

"No, we don't know when he's going to wake up, and as for his language we have no idea. Though it won't matter," I answer.

"Why won't it matter? I mean of course it matters, or how else will we communicate with him?" Twilight asked.

"That's not what I meant Twilight, his vocal cords were bruised when he was being attacked. He won't be able to speak for a little while, if at all." I replied giving another sigh.

"So, how will we speak to him then?" Twilight asked.

"A telepathic spell, as it turns out Luna had entered his dreams already. So a simple spell like that won't cause any harm to his mind," I answer.

"So, you guys are gonna speak with him in his mind? How will I know what he's saying then?" Rose asked, making me give a chuckle.

"We can set up a multiple link, it's fairly easy to do really." I answered.

"Sister, just to let you know he keeps trying to wake up. It shouldn't be too long now before he finally does," Luna said, making me give a nod.

"That's good to hear, let's just hope when he does he won't be in too much panic. Of course his injuries will probably help keep him from doing too much." I said.

"What if he is dangerous though and manages to attack us?" Twilight asked.

"I don't think so, I was there. If he was that dangerous, he could have easily of knocked those guards away. He even save me from a cart that was about to fall on me." Rose said.

"No offense, but it could be apart of a plan to get close to us. So what if he is dangerous, then what?" Twilight asked.

"Then we will have to restrain him and then once he is healed, we'll have to arrest him. But until he wakes up, we won't know that and we can't assume it either by the way he arrived." I answered.

"Right, of course, I know I was just curious about it. And I am sorry Rose, but we do have to be prepared if he is in fact dangerous and tries to attack us." Twilight said, giving Rose an apologetic look.

"I know, but I still don't think he is." Rose said.

"Neither do I, and let's hope we're correct in saying that." I said.

"Yes, we can only hope," Luna said.

They sat there talking a little bit more, and doctors and nurses came in every now and again to check on him while they talked. I explained a few more things to Twilight, like how we knew he was a male, and what he was. It wasn't long before she had to leave though, and I promised when he wakes up I would send word to her.

"Tia, I will also take my leave for now. It may be okay if one court is closed, but if both day and night court is closed then the nobles might throw another hissy fit." Luna said.

"Good point, alright I will see you when I can Lulu. Do you want me to send word to you as well when he wakes?" I asked.

"That would be most appreciated, I would like to meet him as well." Luna said, giving me a little smile, before leaving.

"So, it's just you and me now Rose. Do you have any questions about what's going on?" I ask, seeing the mare relax now.

"No, not really. But, do you mind if I get some shut eye? I mean it is late, and I haven't really slept since about six in the morning before I had to go to work." Rose said.

"Of course, go right ahead." I answer, and watched as the mare got comfortable and closed her eyes.

I finally let my demeanor drop a little, and I give a tired sigh with a yawn. I personally haven't slept in two days due to the fact I had to deal with a tremendous amount of work that had to be done after Tirek attacked. It only took a few hours to fully calm the ponies of Equestria down.

Being sent to Tartarus without magic was a horrifying experience, but one that I knew I had to go through in order to make sure everything was okay. Though I was worried on the effects it would have on Cadence, but she seemed to be fine. I was proud to know she could handle going through that, of course I shouldn't have been surprised since she had to keep Sombra at bay for a few days straight.

The only who seemed to be effected was Luna, which doesn't surprise me since she has only been back a little over a year from being banished. It had probably brought back memories of that time, but she refused to show any of it. Something I had hoped she would get past so the past wouldn't repeat itself.

Twilight and her friends seem to be getting along just fine with their new position as the council of friendship. It was hard to believe that they have come so far in such little time. It really does make me proud to know that my former student and her friends could be this successful were eve the greatest have failed.

Though another good thing did come out of this, Discords reformation seems to finally have taken hold. It didn't really come as a shock of his betrayal, but it was worth a shot if it meant preventing Tireks rise to power. He still plays jokes, but not like how he used to and Twilight has even went out of her way to make sure he knows she really does consider him a friend.

"Excuse me Princess?" I look to see a doctor staring at me.

"Yes, what can I do for you?" I ask.

"Well, you look exhausted and if you like we can set up a room for you?" The doctor asked.

"It's quite alright, thank you though." I replied, giving her a kind smile.

"Well, try to get some sleep. No point in having a tired and exhausted Princess on our hooves, especially if that Princess ends up needing to be treated for said exhaustion." The doctor said, and I nodded.

"Don't worry, I will be going to sleep in a little while." I said, and the doctor nodded and left.

I give a sigh, knowing that I will have to get some sleep soon enough. Though, before I do I decided to get something to eat, and walk out of the room. I went straight for a vending machine to see what they had in stock, and I couldn't help but blush a little as my stomach growled at the sight of the food.

Picking out what I wanted, I quickly paid the machine and once I got my food I started my way back to the room. The apple was gone before I got back, though I was feeling even more exhausted now that I had something in my stomach. Though as soon as I walked into the room, I felt a difference in the air, and as I look I could see his eyes open, but were slowly closing again.

"I guess he must have woke up for a minute or two, that's good. Let's hope you'll be able to wake up fully in the morning," I say giving another yawn.

Author's Note:

Hope you enjoyed, and remember to smile, smile, smile!

Comments ( 4 )

Hey this is a great story, I hope you are able to finish this, but I hope you take your time as well. Good Luck.

Its pretty sad and good story i fell bad for they guy but are you still making chapters flr or did u stop (plzz dont abonded this story)

7374841 There are a few reasons why I put this story on hiatias. 1. at the time I had many stories going on and had to put them on hold including this one. 2. at the time I didn't feel like people liked the story and wanted to give some time before starting it again. But no this story is not cancelled, but it'll probably be a bit before I get back to it.

successful were eve the greatest have failed

were eve the
eve
Do you mean,
EVEN?:pinkiecrazy:

Login or register to comment