• Published 18th Jun 2014
  • 919 Views, 33 Comments

Discord Should Not Have Taken Thee! - Im So Sorry



When a young boy's sister goes missing, he is contacted by a sister. Now, it is his job to save her in the best way he can. By playing video games.

  • ...
1
 33
 919

Level Three- Something Familiar

It had been awhile since Pageturner had left to discuss with her friend. So, the Mage of Breath decided to survey his new surroundings. He wandered around Ponyville aimlessly until he saw something that looked familiar. Could it be possible? Yes, it is! It was a game cabinet with the words “Insert Credit” on it. Yes, something familiar for this stranger in a strange land! He rushed over to it to see the cabinet a bit closer. It said “Moon Invader” and had a picture of Luna on it. He noticed the three golden coins left on the ground, the problem was on how to pick them up. He had hooves, and besides grabbing it, he didn’t have any bright ideas on how to pick it up. Well, that’s very misfortunate. He sat down on the nearest bench and sighed.


Soon, a pony with an ebony mane with a streak of brilliant gold came walking by. She smiled as she grabbed one of the golden coins with her hoof and pressed the start button to launch a strangely familiar game. She was actually quite good at it, blasting past stage one in a matter of minutes. Although, stage two marked the end of her run. She picked up the two credits on the floor and sat on the bench as well and sighed.


“You did pretty well at that game.” The Mage of Breath said.


“Thanks, I didn’t get as far as I usually do though.” The mare who was playing the game said.


“I used to be really good at that game. I could get all the way to the fifth level on one credit.” The Mage of Breath said.


“Really?” The mare who was playing the game asked.


“Yeah, but that was a long time ago.” The Mage of Breath said.


“I can usually get up to level three, but I have a lot to think about right now.” The mare who was playing the game said.


“What’s the problem?” The Mage of Breath asked.


“My parents keep on ranting on about how I play too many video game and I don’t get outside as much as I should. But, I get outside all the time! Can’t you believe it?” The mare who was playing the game said.


“I used to have the same problem. That’s why I joined a band, so I have an excuse to go over to my friends house and play video games.” The Mage of Breath said.


“You have a band?” The mare who was playing the game said.


“Yeah, it’s called Sex Bomb-Omb. We’re pretty good.” The Mage of Breath said.


“Cool, what do you play?” The mare asked.

“I play bass, William plays the guitar because he’s the talent and Emily….” The Mage of Breath said.


Emily, this mare was an awful lot like Emily. Emily had some issues with her family and she loved to game like her. In fact, she was excellent at it. She always beat him at literally every game they played besides Rock Hero. The resemblance was frightening, almost. Only, the appearance was much different. Emily, unlike her, had freckles and changed her hair every three weeks.


“Are you alright?” The mare said as she waved a hoof in front of the Mage of Breath’s face to make sure he was conscious.


“Uhh.. yeah… I’m fine.. I was going to ask you if you were from a different universe but then I realized how dumb that would be.” The Mage of Breath said.


“Okay. Well, I gotta leave soon. Can we do this the same time tomorrow? I would love to challenge you to Moon Invader.” The mare who played the game asked.


“Yeah, sure. But, before you go can I have your name?” The Mage of Breath asked.


“It’s Ebony Blaze.” She said as she ran off.


The Mage of Breath soon returned home to find two ponies awaiting his arrival. The first, Pageturner looking a bit nervous. The Mage of Breath did not see this as a good sign. The second, a stallion with crimson eyes and a purple mane with a black stripe in it. He was holding a box that looked intricate. It had a steel ball in the middle of the device.


“This is my friend, Shadowed Moonbeam. He thinks that you actually have the potential to learn lunar battle magic!” Pageturner said.


“Doesn’t he know that I have no idea on how to accomplish such a thing?”The Mage of Breath said.


“Oh, he is well aware of that.” Pageturner said.


“Why do you call yourself a mage then?” Shadowed Moonbeam asked.


“Because I already know some magic. Here, give me some cards and I can perform a quick spell.” The Mage of Breath said.


“Why I ‘oughta buck you all the way into tomorrow..” Shadowed Moonbeam said.


“Try it. He’ll kick you right back. And harder, too. Preferably into next month.” Pageturner said.

“I would like to see him try.” Shadowed Moonbeam replied.


“Actually, now is the perfect time for a good fight. It’s a good way to test if your machine works.” Pageturner said.


“You're right, actually. Not only is it a good way to test my invention, but it’s been way too long since the last time I had a good fight.” Shadowed Moonbeam said with a confident smirk.


“Then it’s decided! Mage of Breath, you shall fight Shadowed Moonbeam with this.” Pageturner said as she tossed the Mage of Breath the box.


“Wait, what?” The Mage of Breath said as he stood there holding the box close to him wondering what was going on.


Then, Shadowed Moonbeam came at the Mage of Breath with godspeed. The Mage of Breath thought fast and dodged the attack and hit Shadowed Moonbeam in the back of the head with the contraption.


“Hey, that’s expensive!” Shadowed Moonbeam said.


“You’re not supposed to use it like that!” Pageturner said shoving some popcorn in her mouth.


“Well excuse me, but I never exactly got the full instructions on how to use this thing!” The Mage of Breath replied, dodging another one of Shadowed Moonbeam’s punches.

Just great, one day in and a pony already wants him dead.

Author's Note:

I don't think I will have enough time in five levels to fit in everybody's OC. But, we did fit in two other people's OC's in this chapter! Most of the references in this chapter are from Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Comments ( 8 )

Yay video games
:derpytongue2::rainbowkiss:

Yay! New chapter! :pinkiesmile:

Most of the references in this chapter are from Scott Pilgrim vs. the World.

The game, or the movie?

The movie, mostly.

Moonlight magic. Hes a unacorn with a green cote and a yelo and read mane. Heis cuty marke is a magic wond

4633378 or the original books...

HOLY MOTHER OF CELESTIA I HAVE 201 STORY VIEWS HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE THIS STORY ISN'T EVEN THAT GOOD I THINK I LOVE YOU GUYS:pinkiecrazy:

Login or register to comment