• Published 18th Jun 2014
  • 921 Views, 33 Comments

Discord Should Not Have Taken Thee! - Im So Sorry



When a young boy's sister goes missing, he is contacted by a sister. Now, it is his job to save her in the best way he can. By playing video games.

  • ...
1
 33
 921

Level Two- A Mind Reader As Well

“Let me welcome you to my domain.” The Mare in the Moon said to the Mage of Breath.


The Mage of Breath found himself on a balcony of some regal castle with the pony who called him here in the first place. The balcony had snow white floorboards that lead into a castle. There was a golden fence that separated the balcony from the ground. In the sky were thousands upon thousands of stars brightly shining on the ground below.


“How’d I get here?” The Mage of Breath asked, totally killing the mood.


“This is the dreamscape, my domain and the way I called you here. You fell asleep and I am the keeper of dreams. Thus, I have come to your dream.” The Mare in the Moon said.


“Ah, okay.” The Mage of Breath said as he sat down next to the Mare in the Moon.


“I’m sorry for my rudeness up to this point, it’s just with the stress of…” The Mare in the Moon said before she was interrupted.


“It’s fine, really. There’s no need to apologize.” The Mage of Breath said.


“I’m also sorry for calling you here under these circumstances. This kingdom needed a hero, and you were the only one available at the time.” The Mare in the Moon said.


“Beats being at home by a long shot.” The Mage of Breath said.


“What is the turmoil going on at home?” The Mare in the Moon asked.


“My parents are divorced, them constantly fighting has me in my sister centered right in the middle of it. Not to mention my sister being constantly harassed by other kids. Poor kid.” The Mage of Breath responded.


“I too know of turmoil within the family. In fact, my own sister banished me to the moon.” The Mare in the Moon said.


“Really? What happened there?” The Mage of Breath asked.


The Mare in the Moon told her tale of her and her sister under the starry night sky. They talked and chatted until the stars decided to come up. Eventually the moon hid away and the sun had shown it’s face. As they chatted, the Mage of Breath felt something for this mare. It was an odd feeling indeed, almost alien. Was it how her mane shown in the light of the night sky? Was it her elegant voice? Wait, what about that voice? Didn’t she speak in old english?


“Hey, didn’t you speak in old english?” The Mage of Breath asked.


“Only on official business. Anyhoo, you should be waking up soon. I’ll have to take my leave by then.” The Mare in the Moon said.


“One more thing. Do you think I could ask you of your name?” The Mage of Breath asked.


“It’s Luna. My name is Princess Luna.” The Mare in the Moon said.


The Mage of Breath just stood there smiling. And then, he awoke from his dream smiling brightly. There was somepony in the kitchen who had made herself some breakfast. She thought she would be hospitable to her guest and make him some too. It’s the least she could do for him after what she had done to him.


“Good morning, how’d you sleep?” Pageturner asked.


“Good, very good.” The Mage of Breath responded.


“I made you some breakfast. Eggs and toast.” Pageturner said.


“Thanks.” The Mage of Breath said as Pagemaster took a seat at the chair beside the couch.


“So, there’s something we need to talk about.” Pageturner said.


“And that is?” The Mage of Breath asked.


“I may or may not have… kind of… accidentally on-purpose looked around in your mind a bit with some magic I read about. So, I was wondering if it was true.” Pageturner said.


“If what was true?” The Mage of Breath asked.


“If you were from somewhere else. You know, like really far from here.” Pageturner said.


“I guess you could say that, why is this any of your concern?” The Mage of Breath asked.


“Because maybe you have some untapped magical power! I know a guy who has been working on something that can allow earth ponies to use magic like unicorns. But, nobody has gotten it to work. Maybe you could get it to work since you may have more magical aptitude!” Pageturner said excitedly.


“Me? Sorry, I ‘aint no wizard. I don’t have anything ‘magical’ about me.” The Mage of Breath said.


“How do we know if we don’t try? Plus, keep in mind who is keeping you fed and provides a roof over your head.” Pageturner said.

The stallion sighed as he inched away at his toast. He was thinking about how things are going in real life. Is he still sleeping? If so, how long has he been asleep? Will he ever wake up? He wondered how he was going to react if this all was a dream. After all, it is kind of nice being here. He just wished it would be under different circumstances. Suddenly, a voice interrupted the silence that had allowed him to think about such things.


“You okay? Something wrong down there?” Pageturner asked.


“Oh, nothing. I’m good. Did I do something?” The Mage of Breath asked.


“Nah, you were just being kind of quiet. I was wondering if something was wrong.” Pageturner said.


“Ah, okay.” The Mage of Breath said.


“So, how’s life where you came from? Do you have any friends or family?” Pageturner asked on the initiative to chase away the awkwardness.


“Mind if we not talk about that? Kind of a sore subject.” The Mage of Breath responded.


“Okay, sorry. Anyhoo, I’ll go see if I can get my friend over here to see if you have magical powers.” Pageturner said.


“Have fun with that.” The Mage of Breath said.


“Don’t destroy the house while I’m gone.” Pageturner said.


“I won't!” The Mage of Breath chuckled in response.

The Mage of Breath sat there wondering about things to come. He wondered why Luna seemed so fond of him. Was it just because he was the person she called to be hero? Also, what about her sister? How is she involved with this affair? He also wondered as to if he was to ever see his sister’s face again. So many questions left unanswered, but so many more to be asked. But, now is not the time to be sitting around asking questionsns! This is a video game for pete’s sake!

Author's Note:

Oh my, took an all-nighter to get this one to you guys. Oh well, I hope I did your OC right Changeling_Drone. I plan on having all the OC's submitted in the story by Level Five. I probably need to get around to updating Ask Light Story as well as The Author of Breath. Eh, we'll save them for another time, yes?

Geronimo!
- TH3 BL1ND PR0PH3T