• Published 18th Jun 2014
  • 920 Views, 33 Comments

Discord Should Not Have Taken Thee! - Im So Sorry



When a young boy's sister goes missing, he is contacted by a sister. Now, it is his job to save her in the best way he can. By playing video games.

  • ...
1
 33
 920

Level One- Aint' That a Kick in the Head

“I must ask of thee, hath thine sibling been acting the slightest bit.. off recently?” The pony with the mane of stars asked.


“Well, yeah. She’s been kind of distant as of late? How’d you know that my sis has been acting weird?” The boy asked.


“That thing outside is not thine’s sister. It is something we call here a changeling. It can assume the form of anypony. Therefore, thy’s sister must be in this reality.” The pony with the mane of stars responded.


“You mean, the thing I was talking to today wasn’t my sister?” The boy asked.


“Thou is correct.” The pony with the main of stars responded.


“So, how do I get my sister back?” The boy asked her.


“Thou must complete the game. The end goal is to save thine’s sister and the six Elements of Harmony from the menevolant Discord.” The pony with the mane of stars said.


“So wait, you forced me into a game?” The boy asked.


“Of sorts. I decided to work with thine’s strong suitors. How else does thy explain the health bar, experience bar, hunger bar, and inventory and start menu buttons in thy’s vision?” The pony with a mane of stars asked.


“A fair point. Anyhoo, where do you think I should go from here?” The boy asked.


“I would advise thee to take these bits and explore the town. You can find some quests from different townsponies, gain thyself a paltry sum, and gear up for the upcoming battles ahead. Here, I shall give thee a quest that shall tell you how to complete the game, weather thy chooses to take the quests from ponies in need of a hero’s assistance is thine’s choice and thine’s alone. Thou shalt be able to view quests from the start menu.” The pony with the mane of stars explained.


Suddenly, in the lower corner of his eyes, he could see the words “Quest complete: ‘Aint That a Kick in the Head. New quest gained: The Tyranny of Chaos.” and he thought he was going crazy. He clicked the Start Menu button in the upper right corner of his vision with his hoof to see a complete start menu come up before his eyes. He messed with the settings for a bit before the pony with the mane of stars spoke again.


“If thou ever needs help, contact the Mare in the Moon. Thou shalt know how soon enough. But, before thy takes his leave, might I ask of him a name?” The pony with the mane of stars asked.

“Mage of Breath. You can call me the Mage of Breath.” He said to the Mare in the Moon.


“All right, young Mage of Breath. A balloon is waiting outside for thee that will take thee to thy’s destination.” The Mare in the Moon said.


The Mage of Breath boarded the hot-air balloon to his destination with one thing on his mind. He was determined to find his sister, no matter the cost. She did nothing to deserve her fate, or at least, to his knowledge she had done not a thing. Anyhoo, it didn’t really matter. He needed to find his sister and he needed to do it soon. But, a odd hissing noise interrupted the silence. Wait, hissing? What could be…?


Putting two and two together, he realized that the air balloon was going down. Frantically, he ran around the vessel trying to see what he could do to keep it from going down. There was a hole in the balloon and the air that was keeping the vessel afloat is now leaking out. Eventually, the hot air balloon gave in and started falling through the sky. He held on for his life as he braced for impact.


The hot air balloon eventually made it’s decent to the ground. It went down hard, as you can imagine. The red-coated Mage of Breath emerged from the rubble that used to be a hot air balloon to see a little town in the distance. His right hoof was injured from the fall, which was thankfully all that was injured. The health bar indicated that he had two hearts left. He figured it was best that he tried to go into town to patch himself up.


He went towards the town to see what he could find. The sign beside it said “Welcome to Ponyville”. He walked into the town holding his hoof up off the ground. Eventually, somepony’s voice reached out to him.


“Oh Celestia, your bleeding!” A mare called out to him.


“Yeah, kinda. You know where I can find a doctor?” The Mage of Breath called out to the mare.


“He just left with his companion, I’ll see what I can do about your wounds. Come in.” The mare said.


The mare sat him down on her couch as she went into another room. The Mage of Breath wondered how he could've gotten himself in such a mess. As he looked around, he saw that bookshelves lined the walls. A fireplace sat in front of the couch with a picture of three ponies on it. They seemed happy at that moment in the picture.


“Do you me asking how in the nine hells you got that gash?” The mare said.


“I have a gash?” The Mage of Breath asked.

The mare pointed the huge gash on his stomach with her parchment-colored hoof. It was bleeding, granted. The question is why he hadn’t noticed it before. The parchment-colored mare had that same question on her mind. She scratched her inky black mane with her hoof before she grabbed the duct ta-... Uh.. bandages! Yes, before she grabbed the “bandages”.


“Oh, yes there is a gash there.” The Mage of Breath chuckled.


“Yeah, right. Anyhoo, how do you suppose you got that?” The parchment-colored mare asked as she began to patch the Mage of Breath up.


“I was riding in a hot air balloon when it crashed.” The Mage of Breath said.


“Well, that would explain it. What that doesn't explain is how you didn’t realize you had it until now.” The parchment-colored mare said.


“Yeah, isn’t that weird?” The Mage of Breath said.


“Anyways, since you have no place to go, I guess you can spend the night at my house.” The mare said.


“Do you mind me asking who the ponies in the picture are?” The Mage of Breath asked.

“I’ll tell you tomorrow, get some rest.” The mare said.

Author's Note:

Thanks to Changeling_Drone for the contribution of the OC featured in this chapter. And thank you everybody else who contributed OCs. I will have each and every one of them in the story, I will fit them in somewhere! Anyhoo, I will try to update weekly from now on. Of course, I have no excuse with this story. I will have to update Ask Light Story soon, but I would like to gather more questions first. Sorry for not updating sooner, I've been focused on a lot recently. But I really don't see that as fair because it's summer and I don't want to think when it's summer because it's summer!

Also, everyone who got the reference in the beginning of the chapter and the title, kudos!

Geronimo!
- TH3 BL1ND PR0PH3T