• Published 29th May 2014
  • 31,537 Views, 3,773 Comments

Fortresshy: The Nine Fathers - Tatsurou



Red team finds a tiny filly in a paper bag. They decide to raise her their way. Hilarity, adorability, and explosions ensue.

  • ...
50
 3,773
 31,537

15: Speech

Heavy smiled happily as he held Fluttershy in his lap, seated at the table with the rest of the team. Pyro was at the stove, cooking up a massive breakfast for everyone. Soldier was browsing a weapons catalogue, while Demoman was drinking a glass of fruit juice and trying to pretend it was alcoholic. Ever since he'd managed to dry out from too much alcohol, he had been sparing in drinking any more. Sniper was calmly folding his napkin into a crane, and Spy was watching calmly. Engineer and Medic were discussing new devices to make for Fluttershy to help her grow and develop, especially for mental development, while Scout idly tossed a ball up and down, staring at Heavy and pouting. It had been decided that, since too many people trying to feed Fluttershy wouldn't be good for her, that Heavy - as the one who woke her up - would feed her breakfast on family days like today. Scout was the only one unhappy with this arrangement, thus his surly pout.

"Open wide!" Heavy crowed happily, making airplane noises as he brought the spoon of baby food to Fluttershy's mouth. She opened her mouth wide to eagerly accept the spoonful, not spilling a drop. "Fluttershy good malyutka for Heavy, yes she is!" he proclaimed, setting the spoon down as he burped her.

"She is a pony, yes?" Medic asked, watching.

"Yeah," Engineer confirmed. "What about it?"

"How can she burp?" Medic asked in confusion.

Everyone around the table tilted their heads in expressions varying from puzzlement to confusion, depending on their knowledge of equine anatomy. However, Fluttershy transpired to distract them from biological inquiries with a purely emotional moment. After she burped, she wrapped her forehooves around as much of Heavy as she could manage - which wasn't much - and spoke quite plainly, "Dada!"

The entire table gasped, dropping everything they were holding. Scout didn't even notice that his ball bounced off his head. "Did she just say...?" he managed to get out.

"Wuvoo, Dada!" Fluttershy said clearly in the silence, kissing Heavy on the cheek.

Heavy all but burst into tears. "She called me Dada! Fluttershy loves her Dada!" He held her close, now freely bawling his eyes out in joy.

"Hey!" Soldier complained. "How come you're Dada, huh? We all do just as much for her. How come we get relegated to Uncle status, huh?"

Fluttershy turned towards Soldier. "Dada!" she said again, reaching towards him.

Soldier's angry expression quickly morphed to a goofy one. "Well, as long as she respects the chain of command," he muttered, scooping her into a hug.

"What about me?" Demoman asked eagerly, spilling his juice as he reached across to Fluttershy. "What about me?"

Fluttershy happily hopped into the Scottish bomber's hands. "Dada!" she said, giggling as he pulled her into a warm embrace.

"I don't suppose..." Engineer began, leaning over Demoman's shoulder.

"Dada!" Fluttershy squealed, hopping up to kiss Engineer on the nose.

"How can she have so many fathers?" Medic asked in confusion.

"Dada!" Fluttershy called eagerly, hopping onto Medic's shoulder to balance precariously and kiss his ear.

"Never mind," he said happily, reaching a hand up to stabilize her.

Sniper stepped up to Fluttershy, not saying anything and just reaching out to stroke her as she nuzzled his hand and said, "Dada!" quite clearly. She then shouted "Dada!" as she leaped onto Spy's invisible face to nuzzle him into revealing himself as he suppressed his tears.

"Hey! What about me?" Scout shouted, bulling his way to Fluttershy. "Huh? Huh?"

Fluttershy giggled as she smiled up at Scout. "Bee Budda!" she said happily.

Scout scratched his head in confusion. "Bee Buddha?" he asked. "What does honey and religion have to do with it?"

"I believe she said 'Big brother'," Medic postulated.

"Bi Budda!" Fluttershy confirmed eagerly. Smiling, Scout stroked her mane eagerly.

Spy suddenly grinned widely. "Scout, clean your room!"

"Shut up, Frenchie!" Scout countered. "Where do you get off telling me what to do?"

"Well, I'm Fluttershy's Father, and you're her big brother..." Spy let the sentence hang.

"That don't make you my old man!" Scout snarled.

"No, but your mother might say otherwise," Spy jibed, quickly ducking Scout's swung bat.

Pyro had left the stove to come over, grunting inquisitively and pointing at himself. However, no one had heard him. Finally growling in frustration, he yelled, "HRRRRRGGGG!" and made flames leap from his hands as he charged through to Fluttershy before pointing at himself inquisitively.

As everyone else stood up to complain about Pyro's behavior, Fluttershy giggled and said, "Mama!" hugging Pyro's mask.

Everyone froze in confusion. Soldier was the first to speak up. "But I thought Pyro was..." His sentence trailed off, as while he - like the others - had never had any real idea what Pyro was, none of their concepts of the mysterious fire wielder included a second X chromosome.

Fluttershy giggled again as she sat back down. She pointed at Pyro. "He Mama!" she said happily.

Pyro seemed perfectly content with this as he "Daww!"ed through his mask, scooping Fluttershy into a warm hug.

Medic laughed. "If you are the mother, my fiery friend, then perhaps you should get back to the kitchen where you belong!" he joked.

Laughing through his mask, Pyro raced back to the stove before anything burned.

Fluttershy giggled and laughed. "Wuvoo, Dadas! Wuvoo Mama! Wuvoo bee budda!" She smiled widely as all those around the table pulled her into a huge, warm, family embrace.