• Published 15th May 2014
  • 1,465 Views, 6 Comments

Queen and King of The Shadows - Cloudy_Mane



King Sombra comes back to the New Crystal Empire after a long battle. Fluttershy waits for him to welcome back her king.

  • ...
6
 6
 1,465

The Awakening. (chapter two)

The sun rose up over the New Crystal Empire as the blinding blizzard from the night before died down, and let the warm rays shine through. Through out the kingdom, citizens were waking up with the welcome of a new day. Foals waking up to their mothers call as another day for school has arrived. Fathers at the daily grind earning bits to put food on the table; All seemed well, even in the castle. Where Queen Fluttershy and King Sombra started waking up from their deep slumber

Fluttershy awakes with a tiny yawn and spreads out her majestic, yellow wings and her limbs from her deep sleep. She looks over to her side, seeing Sombra still sleeping with a loud snore. Fluttershy lets out one of her tiny giggles, kissing the kings cheek as she gets up slowly, and trots off into the bathroom humming a sweet melody to herself. She runs the water for the shower as the head sprays out hot water, to which is a surprise to her, and she lets out a squeak and jumps back from that unexpected event. It quickly cools down however and so she lets the water soak into her coat and feathers. Steam rolling out the shower as she preen her wings and gets them cleansed. She carefully pulls out any broken or untrimmed feathers, shivering with every feather as she spits them on the floor. As she cleans herself she thinks of what is planned for the day. She has to talk to Rarity to see the new dress outfits for the officers as usual. Even though King Sombra and his officers get annoyed from constant uniform changes, she owes Rarity for what she did for her. Without her, she probably wouldn’t have lived through all this stress of being a Queen to a New Empire. Rarity gave up alot to stay loyal to her friend, so did Rainbow Dash. they lost of lot since she gave her hoof to Sombra in marriage, however it was all worth it, to her at least. She turned off the water and steps out grabbing a towel slowly drying herself humming to herself softly. She looks in the crystal mirror, smiling big as she turns around and goes back in the room. She see’s King Sombra wake and putting on his fur cloak, and amulet with his magic
“Hello deary, how did you sleep?.” Fluttershy questioned with a tone that of a warm breeze, as she kisses his cheek.
“Amazing my special Pegasus, best sleep I had since I left for battle, but we must get ready for the long day ahead of us. I have to talk to Rainbow Dash about our winning strategy; those dirty rebels are on their last hoof.” As a warm tone flushes over the dark kings face causing him to break into a smile all the while chuckling to himself.
“Well make sure you tell Rainbow to take caution this time around, she’s been taking a lot of risk recently and we don’t want to lose our best captain.” Clamored Fluttershy as her smile diminished into a concrete look.
“Well she is loyal to the cause my love, she’ll do what it takes to defeat Shining and his Army, but I’ll tell her” He tells her sincerely as he puts on his red silk cloak. He walks to the dresser looking in the mirror, into his misty purple, green, and red eyes reflecting on the events that started this all. He remembered just like its was yesterday.

the day is sunny and warm in the Crystal Empire, with light reflecting off of the prestigious castle. The effects of Sombra were still visible, even after a year has passed. Much of the buildings were being renovated and repaired. Some of the citizens were still shaken up from the encounter but, most moved on with their lives. Fluttershy and Rarity are trotting along the streets of the Crystal Empire looking at the stands and shops. Rarity was on important business for a client in the prestigious city, and he demanded the best designer in Equestria, who was Rarity of course. Fluttershy was tagging along with Rarity for support, and was also an excuse to come and see the Empire on a more positive tone. They both remembered the horrific events which formed on that fateful day. Seeing that those exotic but intimidating eyes, his menacing look, and of course all the powerful dark magic he harnessed in that deep red horn. Rarity though he was nothing but a ruthless beast, only wanting power and riches! She had nightmares for weeks, of his brutish force and dark magic, not until recently she was able to cope with the terrifying memories. However Fluttershy thought very differently about the King of Shadows. She saw something else in those exotic eyes of his. She say a tortured and innocent soul, oppressed by the evil corrupting magic. She saw that he could be reformed into something else, and something better. She was a caring and selfless soul, only betrayed by the arts of dark magic. As much as she is embarrassed to think, he was a very attractive unicorn even for being so frightening. His mane was a silky black, his horn was enchanting, his body was muscular, and his fur was a sleek black. Fluttershy also thought that his voice, his deep gravelly voice, was just so appealing to her delicate ears. However it wouldn't matter anymore, no pony could survive such a great explosion. She pouted, thinking she’d never have a chance to reform the King of Shadows to a charming unicorn.
“Oh darling, why is there such a big frown on your face? We’re in the most amazing city in all of Equestria; to see my most important client of all time! Is something on your mind?” Asked Rarity, with a questioning look slightly cocking her eyebrow at Fluttershy.
“J-just a little tired Rarity, that train ride was a bit more bumpy than usually” She replied, hoping Rarity doesn't notice her little bluff
“Well, we’ll get some sleep soon Flutters, but we are here!” She said as she trots through the open door, with Fluttershy following close behind. The two walk in the quaint lobby, the room is furnished with pink chairs, and tables. With paintings of Cadence and Shining on the wall, depicting their wedding day. Tiny crystal statues of the princesses and the elements of harmony line the corridors.
“Rarity! I’m so excited to see you!’ A unicorn with a brown fur coat, orange mane and tail, wearing a pink jacket.
“How are you liking the pink design darling? Also, who is this cute pegasus?” He asked looking at Fluttershy as she her cheeks flood with red
“This is my dear friend Fluttershy from Ponyville, Fluttershy this Calico” She said as she smiles at Fluttershy.
“H-hello” she squeaked out nervously
“Yes it’s a pleasure to meet you Fluttershy, so Rarity you have the designs for the celebration for the fall of king Sombra? Can’t believe it’s already been a year, time does go fast doesn't it?”
“Yes, it very much does, now let us go in the back room, Fluttershy you can come with or go on and do your own thing.” Rarity spoke as a warm comforting smile appeared on her face.
“I’ll go downtown Rarity, you go get your stuff finished”. she said smiling at her as Rarity walked into the back.
Fluttershy walks out the door and stands outside looking at the multiple vendors on the street. She see’s a quaint little burger joint across the street, she happily trots across and opens the door to an empty restaurant. She looks around with a confused and worried look, why is nobody in here?
“H-hello, is anypony in here? I’d like some food, i-if that’s okay” She asked with a tiny squeak. There was no response, only silence filled the empty dark restaurant. Fluttershy turned around and tried opening the door, but no luck, it was shut tight. She started breathing heavily, sweat dripping from her face already. She looked around and saw a room in the back with a door. She jetted straight to the door, running as fast as she could. She reached the door, raised her hoof and placed it on the knob. Nothing. The door was locked. She started breathing fast and hard. “Help me! Anypony! I’m trapped.” She screamed out, her eyes filling with tears. No reply. All she heard was the echo of her voice.
“Ugggh”.
She heard a voice and jumped. A loud groan came from behind the counter in the main room.
“H-hello” cautiously crying out with a tear rolling down her cheek.
No reply yet again. She walks out of the back room. Slowing going through the darkness. Step by step getting closer to the groans. She turned the corner and looked behind the crystal counter.
Her eyes opened in shock. She couldn't believe what she was seeing on the floor.
“Aaaaah!” She screamed out as she jumped back holding back her tears. A black pony, no, a unicorn on the floor. she say a red horn, on the head of the unicorn. She only knew one pony with a horn like that, King Sombra. However something was different about him. Fluttershy leaned in, and gasped. He was injured to a great extent, cuts all over his body. His forehead bleeding, and a piece of his ear gone. she then noticed a piece of his horn was broken off, on the floor right next to him. She looked at him worryingly.
“Well, I just c-can’t leave you here. Even if you are evil. Come with me!”. She says as she touched his horn
Sombras eyes open up and lifts his head
“Don’t you touch me!” He yelled with his horn glowing his signature purple and green. “Stay away! I won’t let you kill me!”
Fluttershy jumps a bit, startled from his response.
“I’m no h-here to hurt you Sombra, I’m here to help you. Now calm down please, you need to get help”. She said, petting her hoof on his silky black mane affectionately. Sombras horn goes back to red as he lays his head down. Calmed by the petting of Fluttershy, he groans, Why would this Pegasus help me, he wondered.
“Why are you helping me? Where am I? Am I in the Crystal Empire?” He questioned still on edge.
“Yes, you’re in the Empire. I’m helping cause I can’t let any injured pony alone. If only I had my medical supplies” she muttered almost irritably.
Sombra gets up slowly, groaning as he got up, his horn glowing with magic. His cuts and gashes start healing, growing back as his screams in pain. Fluttershy steps back as his body comes together in his great and powerful magic. He laughs a menacing laugh and his eyes glowing.
“As you can see pegasus, I don’t need help, I just needed to get my surroundings. Now, you’re Fluttershy aren't you? Yes I remember you, the element of kindness and friends with that insufferable Twilight!” He yelled with an angry look on his face.
“Stop it you! Now you will not being doing such a thing Mr. Sombra! you already tried that once, and it almost killed you! Now you will come back to my hut, and I will try to make you a nice unicorn!” She demanded giving him the trademark stare. King sombra looks back in her eyes, staring menacingly. The stare not breaking his will at all, but as he stares into them he sees something. His powerful magic senses something in her soul, a craving. A craving for power, a craving for, but what caught him by surprise, a craving for him. He looked away and turned around from her. A feeling for him, the King of Shadows? How could this be, he terrified her friends and hid a whole empire for a thousand years how could she like him?
“Fine, I’ll go back to your hut Fluttershy, but this won’t work” He groaned
“Yay! Now we just have to get you out of here without anypony seeing you”. she said, with a puzzling look trying to solve the predicament.
“No need for that”. Sombra said, as his horn glows with magic, surrounding him and Fluttershy with a dark green glow, as they disappear from the shop, leaving it quiet. They soon appear inside her hut, with them standing in the room.
“A nice little hut, sure not a crystal castle, but it’s quaint” He said, walking around looking at the books and random furniture.
“H-how did you know where I lived?” She asked with a nervous look
“Hahaha! Oh Fluttershy, I hid a whole empire for a thousand years, and I survived a crippling explosion. I think I can figure out the location of your humble abode.” He replied giving a slight menacing smile. “Now, Miss Fluttershy, what shall I learn from the element of kindness”
“W-well, you seem like you aren't as angry as before” Said Fluttershy smiling
“Well you may have been taught I was evil Fluttershy, but you don’t know the truth, you don’t know my side of the story.” He said with a frown on his face
“What do you m-mean?” she asked, intrigued.
“Years before I hid the Kingdom, I was a kind and generous king. I was what the people wanted, and needed! I was not a corrupt king as everyone likes to imagine. Down south, Celestia was in power of her kingdom I wanted no trouble from them, I just wanted to rule my kingdom with no help from her. She insisted on having my Empire join theirs, but I rejected, they only wanted the crystals we had, nothing else! She didn't take it very well, but walked off and never brought it up again. So I thought she would forget about it, but I was wrong. She later on hatched a plan, she couldn't outright take me with force with no excuse, it look bad. She needed a good reason to banish me or kill me, so she got a dark magic book. A book with the most powerful magic in Equestria, a power that can flatten cities, but it corrupted the use. She gave me that book, and told me, if I was strong enough, I wouldn't get corrupted. I wasn't gonna let a challenge go by me, so I read it. It was all going well for a couple of months, I got most of the magic down, and I used it with ease. Then, I became greedy with power, and I wanted more. You of course know the rest Fluttershy. As you can see, the world isn't what it seems to be, your princess, is just a fraud, all she want’s is more land, she just hides it very well” He said groaning from his painful history
“O-oh my, I had no idea about that, how are you now?” She questioned with a look of astonishment.
“Well, I was able to gather up my strength, as you can see, and overcome my corrupted soul. But I still want my kingdom back, but that’s no use. It’s taken already and I’ll never get it back”Sombra said, with a heavy frown.
“Well now you can start a new life with me, and maybe show everyone how you changed. Now lets go eat grumpy pants.” Fluttershy says, as she trots into the kitchen humming to herself.
King Sombra looks around the little hut which was his temporary new home. He lays on the couch grunting to himself. A long couple of months for the King of Shadows after his undoing. After three months of his apparent death, he was able to gather himself and form into his shadow form he was quite famous form. He was weak for months, as he recuperated. He was able to get his physical form, but his magic was weak and could only do simple task. He walked through the Everfree Forest, knowing no pony would dare walk through these forest. But he didn't account for the creatures and monsters in the thick woodlands. As he was gaining his full strength, timberwolves launched a surprise attack on him as he was performing a transportation spell. While still being able to complete this spell, he transported to the wrong place, and was left seriously injured, which lead to Fluttershy finding his mangled body on the floor. Why would the Fluttershy help him, why not just send him to Princess Celestia? Most ponies are terrified of him, and rather want him dead, and Sombra would usually want them dead to. Sombra felt different, he didn't feel the hatred he used to have. He still had the skills of dark magic, but they seem to have lose the power to corrupt the user, maybe, just maybe there is something in his book that can tell him
“Here you go! Some hayburgers!” Fluttershy says, coming in with a plate of two hayburgers.
She sits next to Sombra and bites into the burger.
“S-sorry it isn't much Sombra, it’s all I have.” She said, blushing a bit
“It will have to do, I prefer meat, but at least it’s food. Now tell me Fluttershy, what do you do out in this town you call Ponyville? Surely such a beautiful mare like you should be somewhere more, lets say, suiting for such as yourself.” Sombra ask smiling at her then biting into his food.
“W-well I take care of the animals, I like Ponyville, but secretly, I sometimes wish I lived somewhere more, extravagant.” She said blushing from his flattery.
“Well, I lived in a crystal palace, so I know what you mean. I used to go out in the garden, and take care of the animals myself, that was of course Celestia gave me that damned book.” He said, as his horn glows with anger. “If it wasn't for her, none of that wouldn't have happened. I wouldn't be here, losing my kingdom!” His voice escalated, as his eyes glowed, and his magic growing from his horn. The couch was lifting in the air, his veins popping in his forehead.
Fluttershy starts looks at him, and gets nervous
“Sombra, p-please calm down, you’re losing your temper”. she said quietly
“You don’t understand! I had everything I wanted! I had a kingdom, I had power, my citizens were happy, and I have a queen!” He yells, as the hut shakes, and starts lifting off the ground, with a ripping sound.
Fluttershy looks at him with a stern look.
“Now mister, you need to calm down! There is no reason to get so angry and ruin my house! Now stop!” She yells at him her voice squeaking and crackling just a bit, and stares in his eyes.
Sombra gains control of his senses, as the hut falls on the ground with a crushing sound, with plates, pictures, and other breakable items fall on the floor.
“S-sorry, just lots of emotion. What’s wrong with me Fluttershy? I was once a powerful king, then I went to a corrupt maniac, now I’m nothing but an old relic with no kingdom, and a temper worse than a foal. No one to help me, and no one who cares.” Sombra clamored on, as he slumps his head, pouting.
“Well, maybe you lose a lot, but now you’re back. Maybe you can go out and be a normal pony, I’m sure people will understand, and maybe Celestia has changed and won’t go after you. She says, wrapping her hooves around his neck, hugging him tight against her warm fuzzy chest. Tears roll down his eyes, feeling the warmth against his face. He missed feeling a mares fur, and the warmth of another body on his.
“Now, you said something about your queen? Celestia never said anything about that.” Fluttershy asked as she pulled away, looking at him concerned.
“Of course she didn't.” Sombra said wiping away his tears. “After I became corrupt with the magic, she tried to stop me, but the magic I casted basically, v-vaporized her into ashes. She was one of the most beautiful mares I have ever lied my eyes upon. She was like Fluttershy, she cared for everyone, and all the animals. But yet she was stern, and a very strong pony. We stood up to Celestia and her demands for our kingdom. The ponies loved her almost as much as I did, she cared for everyone, and always had time to talk to them. But, as much as a good person she was, she sometimes didn't think with her head, and her anger get the best of her. I've spoken too much, you don’t want to hear this from a old king of a kingdom ran by a couple of jokes.” Sombra said as he lays on his back on the couch. “I’m gonna get some sleep, been a long day for me. Goodnight Fluttershy, and thank you, I mean for the food and shelter.” He said slowly closing his eyes with a yawn showing his sharp teeth.
“It’s my pleasure Sombra”. She replied, with a smile as she goes and grabs a blanket, and tucking him in, as he is already fast asleep. She walks to the window, as the sun starts going down, thinking of the day she’s had. It was supposed to be a normal day, a day of shopping, and spending the day with Rarity.
It was far from it. However, she didn't regret finding him in that abandoned building though. She was actually quite happy finding him, and being able to see his true self. She saw that he wasn't such a bad pony, that the source of the evil was the magic. Which brought up something else, Celestia. Why would she do such a thing to him? She tricked him, and was the main cause for all the trouble he caused. Fluttershy thought she couldn't see her the same way again after the tale of woe. She looks at Sombra, memorizing him. His silky, jet black mane, his black warm fur coat, and his gravelly voice. She looked at his toned body, his enchanting red horn, and his exotic eyes. She loved his magic ability, if his magic and body are this good, what does his… Fluttershy shook her head, blushing bright.
“No Fluttershy, y-you can’t think of such dirty things!” she whispered to herself, as she goes into her room. She closes her eyes, lifting the blanket over her, breathing slightly. She falls fast asleep, after a long day.
Knock
She moves slightly, still groggy
Knock knock
the knocks were getting louder, Fluttershy groans getting up with an annoyed look.
Knock knock knock knock
“Fluttershy! It’s Twilight! I need to ask you something.” The voice yelled out at the front door.
Fluttershy got up slowly and half trots towards the door. She opened to door slowly, perking up a small smile.
“Hello Fluttershy, I’d like to ask you a few questions. This morning, Rainbow dash came by my house this morning and reported seeing your house float up and come crashing down! And I noticed some of your house is a little, broken I guess. Also, your plates and cups are broken when I looked in the window, is everything ok?” She asked with a worried face.
“O-oh it was nothing maybe Rainbow Dash was seeing things or something.” she said, with a worried look
“Do you mind me coming in Fluttershy to check something?”
“Not at all Twily!” Said Fluttershy, with a smile
Twilight entered the house, humming to herself.
Then it hit Fluttershy what she just done. She invited Twilight in her house. In that house was Sombra. She forgot about King Sombra. She turned around, trying to catch Twilight, but it was too late.
“Who’s this on the couch Flutter- AHHHHH!” Twilight screamed seeing King Sombra

To Be Continued….

Comments ( 3 )

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! ,very good keep it up:heart::raritystarry:

I'm looking forward to read the next chapter.

Interesting.

Looking forward for what comes next.

Login or register to comment