• Published 15th May 2014
  • 1,464 Views, 6 Comments

Queen and King of The Shadows - Cloudy_Mane



King Sombra comes back to the New Crystal Empire after a long battle. Fluttershy waits for him to welcome back her king.

  • ...
6
 6
 1,464

The Winters Night (chapter one)

Author's Note:

This is my first ever story on here, what I'm most worried about is grammar and format of the story. Please comment no if the formatting and/or grammar is wrong anyway. They would be amazing if I had helpful comments on how to improve my writing.

A roaring blizzard covers the New Crystal Empire in a blanket of white snow. The citizens take refuge in their houses, safe from the bone chilling winds. In the middle of the empire the Queen of Darkness, Fluttershy, is sitting in her black sleek crystal throne. A scarlet tanager is perched delicately upon her hoof. The throne room is silent, the guards patrolling on around the castle walls and the servants soundly asleep after a long day. A day of peace talks yet again, that only failed, as it always did in the end. Fluttershy sighed, thinking of the long stressful day shes had. With war raging through the once peaceful lands of Equestria, she wonders if this was all worth it. She shakes her head her mane elegantly flowing over and around her shoulders much like the sakura trees swaying in spring; thoughts like this were harmful to a ponies mind. As a queen she has to keep her composure and not let thoughts erode her state of mind.

She sighs “Oh Mr. Tanager, it sure has been a stressful day, I can’t seem to ever catch a break. Peace talks never seem to go through, they know their losing, they just won't admit it. However our dear King will be back from his battle and we will greet him with loving arms." Fluttershy kisses the birds beak “But soon all of this will end, when our powerful empire makes Shinings resistance beg for forgiveness” The massive crystal doors glow with a red magic as they swing open, revealing King Sombra in his black crystal armor, drenched in blood. He grunts his way down the throne room hallway, his fur mangled and his mane unkempt. Fluttershy blushes seeing her King walk down the room as she whispers to Tanager. Tanager fly's off with a chirp grabbing a flower from Fluttershy mane and gliding over and placing it in his black mane. He grunts as the bird flies away and Fluttershy giggles. “Well hello my sweet king, how was your campaign?” She questions him with a tone of both concern and excitement.
He looks up to her expressing his exhaustion,“It sure was a bloody fight. We crushed them easily, like stomping on puny ants. The only thing that hindered us was this damned blizzard. No matter, you look bothered my queen, is anything wrong? How did the peace talks go? “ He questioned as a smile broke on his face hoping for the best. Fluttershy meets his glance for a second only to look down at the floor, a look of grief consumes her face.
“The peace talks went horribly wrong, my dear. It was all going right till that pink peasant Candace started talking. She wanted more of her land back, and wanted us to give power of the crystal empire back to her and Shining, that…” Sombra growls angrily at the sound of his name, and lets out a heavy sigh. “I’m guessing nothing good came out of it darling?” Finally reaching his beautiful Queen. He nuzzles her warm fuzzy cheek hoping she’d look into his eyes once again. “Come now dear soon they won’t be able to say no.” He tells her with a reassuring feel but only to end with a stern tone. She looks up and meets his gaze and feels her worries drift away, she can't help but to feel safe with such a warm and loving stare. She feels her mind drifting off,

“Fluttershy” she knows this voice..”Fluttershy dear,” she closes her eyes and loses her self in this feeling, “Fluttershy!” she snaps back into reality. “Huh w-what?” she clamors out. Sombra is sitting down in his throne next to her “My voice isn't that enticing I’m sure of that,” he giggles out. Fluttershy’s face flushed a deep red as she realized what she was doing
"I'-I’m sorry, just a very long day, I'm just glad for my king to be back home. Now take off that armor and come head to bed, your queen demands it" she giggles as she kisses his cheek, then leaping of the throne to the master chambers.
"Yes my queen" Sombra replies as he leaps off the throne to their room. Fluttershy is looking out the window into the blinding storm. Her mind drifts into recent events and this long hellish war that has raged through Equestria. However the war is about to end, her empire is a crushing force that no one can match. Thousands of soldiers on the front lines, and even more in the many cities now in the shadow of the empire. Most of Equestria was under their control now, with the exception of Neighagra, which Shinings resistant force are defending the falls with all their lives. Fluttershy couldn’t wait to see blood coat that white fur of his and too see that pink slut beg for forgiveness for what’s she’s done to the her empire.
“Darling, you seem in deep thought, what is the matter?” Sombra asked worryingly “I can sense great anger bubbling up, and you know what happens when you let your anger get the best of you”
“I-it’s just that this war has taken a lot of lives, just because Shining and his pink bimbo weren't happy about you taking their power that they didn't deserve to wield. Then my friends, I thought they were loyal to me, but they just left me for that ridiculous rebellion. Why would they do that Sombra? I thought they’d stay loyal to me.” She asked as she frowned turning to Sombra, looking in his eyes.
“They just couldn't see the truth, the truth that you loved me, and that our love was true. I changed, and so have you, only cowards are scared of change. But not all friends of yours left, remember that. Rainbow Dash and Rarity stayed by your side, they saw you change for the better, and they stayed loyal.” He said, as he walked up to her, hugging her tight and nuzzling her. “Now, let us get some shuteye, Rainbow Dash is coming over to go over battle plans, and Rarity wants to unveil her new design for the officers”. He says as he pulls away from the hug and lays on the bed.
“Rarity has another design for the officers again? That’s like the fifth one in 3 months” Fluttershy asked with an annoyed look as she climbs in to bed, going under the fur blanket cuddling with Sombra
“You should know by now she loves making those fancy uniforms, and you’re not the one who gets nagged at because ‘crystal armor is so last year’.” He replies with a sigh. “But lets go to sleep, we have a long day, goodnight my queen” He says, kissing her softly on the head, making Fluttershys face flush with a crimson red.
“Goodnight my sweet king” She replied as her eyes closed a slight smile appearing on her face; she is feeling herself falling asleep in his warm, loving embrace.