• Published 12th May 2014
  • 403 Views, 6 Comments

Creatures and Crusades - theNDinspector



Scootaloo introduces her friends to a role-playing game, with less-than-ideal results.

  • ...
 6
 403

Epilogue

Sparkling Bell, Plemlobopa and Leskoo waited for their imminent deaths. As they prepared for life to be snatched away from them at any instant, the wyrmling backed off. Eventually, they realized that they were still alive and dared to look up. What they saw was astounding.

A stallion was facing the beast with something in his hooves, but it wasn't a sword. He had one, but it remained on his side, locked in its scabbard. Instead, he was holding a lute and playing some unrecognizable tune. Yet the most astonishing thing of all was that it seemed to be working. The wyrmling looked dazed, swaying its neck to the rhythm now emanating from the small wooden instrument. Then, without warning, it spread its wings and flew off to the top of a nearby cliff, curling itself into a ball and falling asleep.

"By the light of Celendil, I have never seen such wizardry or magic that has accomplished what you have demonstrated today brave sir," Sparkling Bell said as their savior and his traveling companion approached them.

"Almost any beast can be subdued, provided that you know the proper tune," the stranger with the lute said, with a very eloquent and upbeat tone to his voice.

They were an odd pair. The music playing hero was a stunning grey pegasus (who was definitely not hard on the eyes). His companion was some cat-like creature that was not a panther (although that is what his appearance seemed closest to). He seemed more ape-like, but with the obvious feline features. Plemlobopa recognized this creature as a khajiit, a mystical anthropomorphic feline which rarely traveled outside of its own homeland. He had various knives and daggers, along with a pair of sheers inexplicably placed on his shoulder-strap.

"This pony's actions rattle my skull," Plemlobopa said. "However, we are still very grateful."

"Indeed," Sparkling Bell concurred. "Even a wizard knows when she is indebted to somepony."

"'Tis a small matter for friends," the grey pegasus stated.

Confused, the wizard and zebra both looked towards their warrior friend who, up to this point, had said nothing.

"Yeah, we've met," Leskoo said, trying not to sound impressed.

"Forgive me, for I have not introduced myself," noted the stallion. "I am Rummy the Bard, traveling musician and fighter extraordinaire."

"I'm Pinstran," the feline creature reluctantly said, in a gravely voice. "Expert hunter, and outcast."

The trio each took turns introducing themselves.

"I'm Sparkling Bell the Sage, the wizard prodigy."

"I'm Plemlobopa, the mystical elvish mare with black-and-white hair."

"Obviously you all know me, Leskoo the Brave and Strong Pegasus Warrior."

"I see that you are without a weapon Brave Leskoo," Rummy said, noticing the broken shards of what used to be a sword. "'Tis not wise to travel in these parts unarmed, especially for a lovely lady such as yourself. Here, take mine."

"Thanks," Leskoo said, almost reluctantly taking the offered blade, and ignoring her snickering travel companions.

"But what of your arms?" Plemlobopa asked. "Surely you do not wish to leave yourself open to harm?"

"Oh, I have other means of defense," Rummy answered. "And I know where and how to obtain weapons, should I require them."

"Still as overconfident as usual, eh Rummy?" Leskoo teased.

"That is a matter of opinion," Rummy replied. "Well, I must be off, for I am on a quest to track down the elusive chupacabra."

"CHUPAcabraaaa."

With that, Rummy the Bard was off. Pinstran followed, rolling his feline eyes. Sparkling Bell, Plemlobopa and Leskoo watched as they disappeared into the horizon. Then they continued forward on their own journey. Each would encounter perilous creatures, find bountiful treasures and wait for the day when they should cross paths once again.

Comments ( 3 )

CHUPACABRA!!! .... I said it and nothing happened!!!! WHAT GIVES!

5208260 Sadly, you probably live in the realm of "Reality"--as do I. :fluttershysad:

Anyways, you could play this every time you think of it though.

5208600 XD I guess...

Login or register to comment