• Published 16th May 2014
  • 1,119 Views, 151 Comments

Dear Cuz' - theNDinspector



Babs Seed writes to her cousin about her life in Manehattan and the advancement of the Cutie Mark Crusaders there. Will things turn out as well at she hopes?

  • ...
1
 151
 1,119

Forgiveness

Dear Babs,

Thank you for your last letter. I never knew just how much you went through when we first met. You’re also right about Applejack. The funny thing is that even though she is just my sister, she really has been there for me as long as I can remember. She was the one that raised me, along with Granny and Big Mac. I never even got to know my parents since I was a foal when they passed. If anything, AJ has been my mother, which I guess is what made it hurt even worse when she lied to me.

I kept avoiding Applejack for a while, even going out with the Crusaders more often just to get away from her. One of the only times we were together was during breakfast, lunch or dinner. Even then, I just wouldn’t talk to her much at all.

Last evening, Applejack found me outside on the porch and asked what was wrong. I didn’t say anything, but she figured it out pretty quickly. She said that she always tries to do her best and brought up how one applebucking season she tried to work the entire orchard by herself along with helping all her friends. It didn’t turn out too well until she finally admitted that she needed help.

I knew this story, but didn’t see what it had to do with anything since she hadn’t lied back then. Then Applejack said that she isn’t perfect, but ponies had been putting her on a pedestal and expected a lot from her without realizing that she is just a pony like everypony else.

That really got me thinking. I was thinking of Applejack being perfect and that she couldn’t mess up, even though there were many times where I saw that it wasn’t true at all. Maybe she wasn’t the most perfect sister at times, but she was still my sister. I still didn’t like the lying bit, and neither was she, but she did feel that it was what would make Granny happy at the time. It was wrong, but like AJ said, she would work hard to regain everypony’s trust again. I guess that last night was my turn, so I forgave her. It felt good to let all of that anger go.

Applejack also said that she would be going to the Rainbow Falls Traders Exchange and asked if I wanted anything. I wanted to go with her, but she said that I had school. So I didn’t really care to get anything since I couldn’t be there to see what they had. AJ left early this morning and should be back sometime tonight. I honestly don’t know what she is going to get with all that old stuff she took. She did say something about pies though. Oh well, I guess I’ll see later.

Thank you for everything Babs, it really means a lot. Hope to hear from you soon.

Your cousin,

Apple Bloom