• Published 16th May 2014
  • 1,115 Views, 151 Comments

Dear Cuz' - theNDinspector



Babs Seed writes to her cousin about her life in Manehattan and the advancement of the Cutie Mark Crusaders there. Will things turn out as well at she hopes?

  • ...
1
 151
 1,115

Birthday Cards (Anniversary Special)

Happy Birthday-versary
to you, Babs Seed, today.
I can’t believe this story’s
a year old time sure flies
doesn’t it well it seems like
only yesterday when it started!
But now it’s a year old today, hey!

Love,

Pinkie Pie


Dear Babs Seed,

I’m not entirely sure why, but your cousin Apple Bloom was really insistent that I write to you wishing you a happy birthday. She does talk a lot about you, so even though we never actually met when you visited last year I feel almost as if I know you.

I’m glad to hear that you are making such great friends and that you are learning a lot from each other in the Cutie Mark Crusaders. I would also just like to say that getting your cutie mark is something personal to you. I keep trying to tell Apple Bloom and her friends this, but they don’t seem to grasp it.

Anyways, I hope you have a wonderful birthday.

Your fai
Your Princess of Friendship,

Twilight Sparkle


Hey Bad Seed,

Apple Bloom told me that your birthday’s coming up. I hope you have a great day, and maybe even have a romantic date with Rocky.

Happy Birthday!

xoxoxo

Sweetie Belle


Sup Babs,

So you’re another year older? Cool. Have a happy birthday and make sure you do some awesome things.

Scootaloo


Happy birthday young’n.

I remember when I was around your age we first moved into Sweet Apple Acres. It wasn’t easy startin from scratch, especially so late in the season. But we managed it thanks to a discovery I made when I

Sorry, I fell asleep there. Now I can’t remember what I was talking about. Consarn these old eyes! Well happy birthday. It was a real hoot havin you around.

Love,

Granny Smith


Happy birthday Babs,

Big Mac


Howdy Sugercube,

Gosh, it seems like only yesterday when your folks called me up to ask about sending you over here for a couple of weeks and now it’s your birthday. Well congratulations and I hope you have a great day.

I also want to thank you for writing to lil Apple Bloom. She really seems to run herself ragged harder than a bull at the rodeo over not having her cutie mark yet. It’s definitely frustrating for her, but she gets so excited every time she gets a letter from you. You’ve also helped pull her up out of the dumps a few times. I try to be there for her as much as I can, but you really seem to have an impact on her. So don’t you quit now, you hear.

Happy birthday Babs.

Applejack


Dear Babs,

Sorry, I couldn’t come up for your birthday. I tried, but Applejack said that we couldn’t, that it was too late and that it would mess with school. Yet she got to go on a trip somewhere in Equestria out of nowhere. What gives?

Anyways, I did the next best thing and got everypony I could think of that you met to write you a birthday letter. Everypony except Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon that is. I hope that’s all right because I didn’t even want to think about asking them. I’m not sure if they would have even if I tried. They still seem angry about how you forced them into the mud before you left the first time you were here.

Happy birthday Cuz.

Apple Bloom

p.s. We got you a plush fox toy. We tried to make one at first, but it didn’t turn out well. It ended up with five legs and was so large in places and smaller in others that it made Discord look normal. No toy making cutie marks.

Author's Note:

So it's been a full year since I first published this story! Has it seriously been that long? It honestly does feel like it was yesterday at times. Yet there's over fifty chapters and I'm still going (my apologies to anyone who might be losing their sanity at this point). :pinkiecrazy:

I decided to celebrate this occasion by making it Babs birthday, even though her birthday could be at any time and it really wouldn't matter (unless one of the upcoming episodes actually is her birthday :twilightoops:). I just thought it'd be a great way to commemorate this occasion and make it relevant to the "plot" of this series of letters.

Funnily enough, my own birthday was two days ago (at the time this chapter was posted). So it's kind of like my own little present to me which I share with all of you. :twilightsmile:

Happy Anniversary!

p.s. Pinkie Pie's letter is my little tweak of her "Happy Monthiversary" song from Baby Cakes. Now you can read it again with that in mind...unless you already figured it out. :pinkiegasp:

Comments ( 3 )

Happy birthday-versary! :pinkiehappy:

This one's been sitting dormant for some three years. What gives?

There should have been more.

Login or register to comment