• Published 16th May 2014
  • 1,116 Views, 151 Comments

Dear Cuz' - theNDinspector



Babs Seed writes to her cousin about her life in Manehattan and the advancement of the Cutie Mark Crusaders there. Will things turn out as well at she hopes?

  • ...
1
 151
 1,116

Regrets

Dear Babs,

Well, we get to represent Ponyville in the Equestria Games this year. Scootaloo’s original idea succeeded. We didn’t see you there at all, though. We saw a lot of routines for Manehattan, but none of them were the one which you described. What happened? Is everything okay?

Even though we won for Ponyville, I still can’t help but feel guilty. Do you remember the letter I wrote about our routine and how Diamond Tiara couldn’t bring us down? Well, it seems that Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon managed to find a way to bring us down once again, or at least one of us. She said that our routine couldn’t possibly be considered to win since we had a pegasus who couldn’t fly. She was talking about Scootaloo.

I guess I never really noticed it before, but I have never seen Scootaloo do much more than hover for a few seconds. She’s never actually flown. Sweetie Belle and I didn’t think it mattered since she would still be our friend no matter what, but Scootaloo really took this hard. Then she convinced herself that in order for our routine to work she had to fly in it. I don’t know how long she kept trying, since both Sweetie Belle and I left to go home since we were tired and hungry and had to go to the Chrystal Empire early the next morning.

She didn’t succeed. When we were waiting for her at the train station the next morning, she came up to us and said she wouldn’t go and that she was the weak link holding us back. Sweetie Belle tried to tell her that it wasn’t true, but then I said that if Scootaloo was going to quit, then we didn’t want her or need her. I can’t believe I said that!

Later, on the train, Rainbow Dash admitted that our routine was her favorite, especially with Scootaloo going through the hoop on her scooter. Then she wondered where Scootaloo was. When we told her that she stayed home because she felt she couldn’t do the routine without flying, Rainbow Dash asked why we didn’t stop her, since we were her friends. She stopped the train, and the three of us got off, with Diamond Tiara mocking us again, but I felt that we kind of deserved it this time.

We found Scootaloo in her room at home, crying. I’ve never seen that before either. She was hurt really bad, and I helped cause it! We apologized and refused to do the routine without her. She was still sad and asked Rainbow Dash what would happen if her wings never grew. Rainbow Dash said whether if she flew or not, she was still awesome in her own way and nothing could change that. Scootaloo seemed to lighten up at that, although I still can’t help but wonder if there is more to this than I can understand.

Anyways, Sweetie Bell and I got on some skis and Scootaloo pulled us all the way to the Chrystal Empire on her scooter. At least I’m pretty sure we did. It certainly looked like we traveled all of the way there being pulled by Scootaloo. She really has great endurance. And, of course, we won as I mentioned before.

I feel like such a terrible friend. I’ve been failing at everything lately! First, I don’t respond to your letters at all, especially the one where everything was falling apart over there and you needed my help the most. And now this happens! I must be the worst pony ever! I don’t even deserve to be in the Cutie Mark Crusaders or even be their friend! I guess I’m the one they would be better off without.

The pony who doesn’t deserve to be your cousin,

Apple Bloom