• Published 16th May 2014
  • 1,119 Views, 151 Comments

Dear Cuz' - theNDinspector



Babs Seed writes to her cousin about her life in Manehattan and the advancement of the Cutie Mark Crusaders there. Will things turn out as well at she hopes?

  • ...
1
 151
 1,119

Reconciliation

Dear Babs,

Thanks for the letter and everything. You really are the best cousin ever. I did talk with both Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle about leaving the Cutie Mark Crusaders. They were both shocked and begged me not to go. Then Scootaloo asked why I would do that. I told her everything I felt and that what I did was so bad that she deserved a better friend than me.

Scootaloo was a lot like you, though. She told that what I said did hurt, but she wanted to move past that and be friends again. I did too, and she forgave me. I hugged her. Scootaloo said that it was totally sappy, but I didn’t care. I have the bestest friends in the whole world!

Then I asked something else that was bothering me, about what “not flying” meant to Scootaloo. She was quiet for a moment, and then said she would tell us if we made a Pinkie Pie Promise not to tell anypony else. A Pinkie Pie Promise is a promise that you can never ever break, or you will lose a friend forever. Scootaloo did say that it was okay for me to tell you, but you can’t tell anypony else either.

Scootaloo said that she didn’t really understand everything that “not flying” could mean, but she did hear what her parents said whenever they thought that she couldn’t hear them. They said things about how she might not be considered a pegasus or that she would be exiled from her own kind, whatever that’s supposed to mean.

Scootaloo didn’t like the idea of not being considered a pegasus, so she finally asked her parents about it. They took her to a pedle piadina pedia pee-dee-a-trih-shun in Cloudsdale. Basically it was some sort of doctor for colts and fillies. The doctor said that it was odd that a pegasus-filly at her age wasn’t able to do some basic flying yet, but not unheard of. He couldn’t find anything wrong with Scootaloo to say that she would never fly, but he does want her to come back for regular check-ups and flight exercises at least once a month.

I still don’t understand everything about this and neither does Scootaloo, but at least we understand each other and are friends now, no matter what. Again, thanks for everything Babs. You are a lot like Applejack. I know I can always count on you.

Your grateful cousin,

Apple Bloom