• Published 16th May 2014
  • 1,116 Views, 151 Comments

Dear Cuz' - theNDinspector



Babs Seed writes to her cousin about her life in Manehattan and the advancement of the Cutie Mark Crusaders there. Will things turn out as well at she hopes?

  • ...
1
 151
 1,116

The Equestria Games

Dear Babs,

I just got back from the Crystal Empire and found your letter. I didn’t know that everypony in Manehattan would be able to see it. I wonder if other ponies in Equestria could see it too.

I’m so glad that you got to see our routine, but we did have to cut it short. There were so many other cities competing this year, including the Griffon Kingdom, that there just wasn’t time to do the whole thing for everyone. So we all had to cut to the chase. This really annoyed Scootaloo and I don’t blame her. She worked hard on that whole thing and we put so much time into it. It wasn’t for nothin though since between a lot of the events, they set up areas where fans could go and learn more about the teams, and we got to do the full routine there.

As for the rest of the opening ceremonies, that dragon was Spike that you saw. He got real nervous though which was odd for him. But there were a ton of ponies there watching him and he’s also a hero in the Crystal Empire for defeating some shadow king that my sister and her friends helped out when the place reappeared. All the locals keep calling him the “great and honorable something or whatsits.” I guess it put a lot of pressure on the poor guy because he couldn’t light the torch at all. Then Princess Twilight secretly helped out.

After she told him about it, he got pretty depressed and was determined to contribute something to the games. One time after the relay race, Spike tried to sing the Cloudsdale Anthem. It was bad. After that, Spike just hid himself away and we couldn’t get him out at all. The only one who could do anything to get anything out of him was Twilight, but even that was difficult.

For the rest of us, we had a great time. I had no idea how many different games and events there were in this whole thing. I lost track somewhere around twelve, and that was only the first day. There was the relay race like I said earlier, ponies throwing frisbee’s, spears and metal balls, swimming, jima, gimni, ponies swinging on various bars and so much more.

There was this one race with ponies jumping over little fences called hurdles. I asked Applejack why she wasn’t in it since I see her do that stuff all the time when she prepares for the rodeo. She said that she was asked, but had to turn it down since there was so much work to be done on the farm this year and couldn’t find the time. I’d have loved to see her do it though, and I’m sure we could have picked up the slack.

Outside of the games and stuff, we actually got to see a lot more of the Crystal Empire. Before this past week, all I had ever really seen was the train station and the stadium. We got to walk around the streets and the market. We even had a room in the Crystal Palace thanks to my sister and her friends and their relationship with the Princesses. We even got to see the Crystal Heart. I’ve never seen such an awesome thing in any rock before, but this was awesome.

The last event had a bunch of ponies shooting ice arrows at a target. I was told that Ponyville didn’t have a competitor in this event and all I could think of was Archer. Archer is this blue earth pony in my class who has a bow n’ arrow cutie mark. The funny thing is that a lot of ponies keep thinking she’s Scootaloo for some reason. Anyways, I remember that she couldn’t display her talent in the classroom because of some school rule, so we all had to go so a “range” in order to see her use a bow and shoot the center of a target that was ten feet away. I’m sure she would have loved to been in this event. Maybe in the future.

So while we’re watching, one of the contestants slipped and shot and arrow into the sky and hit a cloud. Suddenly, it started growing all of these ice spikes and fell towards the stadium. It was big and could have destroyed much of it and hurt a lot of ponies. All the pegasi and griffons went to stop it, but it was just too heavy. None of the unicorns could help due to a security spell-blocking spell thing and obviously us earth ponies couldn’t do anything until would have hit the ground which wouldn’t have helped anything at all.

Then Spike comes in and breaths the largest thing of fire I’ve ever seen him do and completely melted the ice cloud. Spike saved the day once again in the Crystal Empire and was a great help to all of us. I guess he really does live up to that praise the crystal ponies give him. Later he got to light the fireworks for the closing ceremonies. I forget the exact medal count, but I think Ponyville got the most, followed by Cloudsdale.

So we had a great time at the Equestria Games. I never had so much fun in my life. I can’t believe how tired I am right now though since most of what I did was just sit there and watch. Oh well. I can’t wait to hear from you.

Your cousin,

Apple Bloom