• Published 16th May 2014
  • 1,119 Views, 151 Comments

Dear Cuz' - theNDinspector



Babs Seed writes to her cousin about her life in Manehattan and the advancement of the Cutie Mark Crusaders there. Will things turn out as well at she hopes?

  • ...
1
 151
 1,119

The Best Policy

Dear Babs,

This weekend has been really odd. You see, Granny and I did the swim meet and won. That was awesome. Then Granny went on talking about that tonic stuff again and so did Flim and Flam. It still felt odd that we were supporting something of theirs.

Next thing I know, Granny Smith starts climbing the high dive to jump into a pan of water and break her old record. Before she could make it to the water however, Applejack lassoed her leg and then lowered her to the ground. Granny was pretty mad about it, but then Applejack did something that was really strange for her. She told all of us that she lied about the tonic and that it didn’t have those healing powers that Flim and Flam said it had. Nopony believed her, but then that other pony we saw who wore those costumes said she was right, that tonic really didn’t do anything. It did seem to boost Granny’s confidence, but Applejack wasn’t going to have anything more to do with the Flim Flam brothers and there tonic.

I couldn’t believe it. My sister has always been honest with everypony. She’s the Element of Honesty for petesake. And she lied to me about there being nothing wrong with the tonic. I’m not sure how to feel about this. I know she’s my sister, but she has never lied to me before.

Some ponies were downright angry, but we were all just confused. AJ apologized to us and hoped to earn our trust back again in the future and promised to always be honest with us. She also apologized to each of us and told me that being honest really is the most important thing to keeping other ponies’s trust. I’m glad that she apologized and all, but I’m still not sure how to think about her now. I feel like she let me down somehow. I just don’t get it. Maybe I’ll forget about it sometime in the future, but for now it’s just weird.

Anyways it’s great to hear from you. I had no idea you had a thing for foxes. That’s pretty cool, although it seems that Granny isn’t too keen on them. Something about stealing geese and food from the cellar. I’m not sure what she’s talking about because we don’t even have geese on the farm, but that is Granny Smith for ya. Hope to hear from you soon.

Your cousin,

Apple Bloom