• Published 8th May 2014
  • 1,982 Views, 58 Comments

War To Peace - Corgi King



Join Spartan-073 and Team Foxtrot as they find there way into the heart of Equestria, but evil eyes fix them selves on Team Foxtrot.

  • ...
12
 58
 1,982

Chapter 9: New Cards To Add...

"So then the bartender says "That's the biggest load of horse shit ever!" Ackerman smiled and laughed at his own joke.

"You do know I have no sense of humor but even in the lack of, I know that joke sucked..." Apollo said.

"Oh fuck you come on in here."

Moving slowly Ackerman sweeped his magnum around the dark room his partner Apollo gave a faint glow, lighting only in from of him. He quickly saw a control panel and moved up to it.

"Can you work with this?" He asked looking behind his back at the poorly lit doorway.

"I'll see what I can do no promises though, you know this stuff is older than you." Apollo said, his voice more human with his time spent with Ackerman.

It had been a month since they had left Onyx and Ackerman had long since shed his ODST armor in place for some forerunner suit that allowed Apollo to speak, see through his eyes, set waypoints, mark targets, and everything else. Apollo was simply an A.I. that could live forever and was external.

"Do it, I'll watch the door make sure thoughts bastards don't bother you." Switching on his helmet light he saw a battery bar quickly pop up. Moving he placed his magnum by his side as it magnetized. Reaching his arm up he gripped his rifle and slung it off his shoulder, the sleek metal design made it comfortable the pulse of orange glowing ever so faintly as he moved. The weapon was a gift from the Librarian when they went to see her after they left, she said it was all she could give and to return the 'One We Need' safely.

"Okay were in lets get out of here before they show up... wait i'm syncing in it's like they hav-" Alarms started blaring as Apollo flew at Ackerman "MOVE!"

Ackerman starts sprinting, the suit enhancing his speed. " Way to go man, new record for fucking us over!"

"Hey not my fault you could do it by yourself. You know fancy suit." His bot said with a metaphorical wave of a hand.

"Ya well I'm just here to shoot stuff you're the one that does the tech things." He said as the vaulted over boxes that had been stacked in the hallway.

"Yes indeed, but you know I could teach you in seconds if you so desire. " the flying boy gave a breathless sigh as the ran/flew.

"Could you now... you know I would very much enjoy that." He stated as the ran out into the gloomy planet they were on. "But can we please get into the spire and try to avoid the Prometheans, as well as their 'friends' as well as the shield worlds layers but anytime you can would be nice!" Moving away from the forerunner structure, he activated one of his prized ways of transportation... teleporting.

He felt the comforting pull as he started to bend space and time itself, arcs of lightning shot off his suit as he ran to the rift appearing ahead of him. "LETS DO THIS!" he yelled happily as her jumped into the rift disappearing with a puff of blue particles. To any onlookers it lasted only mere seconds.

He felt the comforting pull of the rift as it pulled him along. It was not rough or long like slip space but calm and short last only mere minutes.

~(???)~

I lost my honor and I was betrayed by my brother in arms… casted from humanity and shoved into the hands of the Covenant. I was once a man but turned monster... and I will make the great journey happen only to wipe the ones that betrayed me. I am unsure if they wanted this but they made a mistake, I'm stronger than I was, Faster, smarter... and I have a whole fleet of Covenant behind me. And I found two of the most powerful weapons in the world, fake goddesses that raise and lower the sun and moon... well now let the great journey begin.

Author's Note:

So ya I'm not dead not yet and I'm about 50% done with my re-writings so i thought I'd post this to ve you something to tide you over.

See ya star side
~Keymaster